Your Email Address:

First Name:

H. Pylori/Halitosis Connection

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

Aloe vera has anti-bacterial as well as anti-fungal properties so therefore I would take this away from the probiotics.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hey good luck there bbttt,

I wouldnt risk taking anything else like aloe vera, u never know how it might affect your treatment. If i were you i'd be taking probiotics/yoghurt til it starts coming out of your ears, I'd take them with food, so they have more chance of reaching the gut, and lots of live yoghurt throughout the day, swish it around your mouth, brush it into your tongue, continue with this well after you've finished the treatment. Glad to see you are taking metronidazole and omeprazole.

GOOD LUCK!!
rich1988

Post by rich1988 »

d'oh think I may have made a mistake! my doctor prescribed me omeprazole *sp and doxycycline and told me to take the omeprazole after i have finished the doxy, could she have meant to take the omperazole straight after rather than after i had finished the first course (as in take them together) too late now anyway as i have already doe my doxycycline course and starting on the omeprazole :( balls, looking at it now it seems as though i cant help thinking i did it wrong:(
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

SURELY NOT!!
Oh My God i cant stop laughing.. D'ohhh
damn.. if your doctor had any doubts about your mental state, this will have confirmed it now lol
rich1988

Post by rich1988 »

dont get it :(?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

:( sorry, i just found it funny how you described it, i guess its not funny at all :(
Your doctor should have been clearer
rich1988

Post by rich1988 »

haha no i can see what you mean now :P could have been clearer, she should have written it down or something, never mindddddd
bbttt
Total Newbie

Post by bbttt »

Hello people,
Just completed my 7 day triple therapy yesterday. I dont think am cured coz there are times i smell the bb.
2-3 days in, i couldnt smell a thing, even after a nap. But now i think the bbs back but cant be sure. And i cant ask anyone either.
By the way i was taking the aloe vera during the therapy & smoking atmost twice a day. So maybe....
Anyways i'll let you guys know after a week.
bbttt
Total Newbie

Post by bbttt »

Its official guys,my bb is back. it literally smells like sewage. My god what did i ever do to deserve this.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

BB,

dude I am so sorry! keep the faith though!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

sorry to hear that bbttt,
a few others are trying this too, for longer duration, with slightly different meds and longer course duration - fingers crossed for them and hopefully some good news and new insights to learn from.

bbttt, what's the description of your bb? do u get it from the nose? do you have gastric symptoms?

Hey Snobuni, good luck with your upcoming ENT appointment.
TeamZissou what's the latest on your treatment?
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

Hey Halitosisux,

I'm on day 5 of the treatment so far. I'm taking Clarithromycin 500 mg, Metronidazole 500 mg, and Omeprazole 20 mg, all twice a day.

It's somewhat difficult to tell exactly what is happening. I feel that my BB has been reduced to some degree, but I don't have a reliable way to test it. There are certain times when I am able to tell when it is bad, and i'm noticing a decrease in those.

It's interesting that so far the Metronidazole hasn't completely knocked out the BB as i'm on it, as it has for others. I guess i'll have to wait and see.

I already made an appointment with an oral surgeon to see about having my wisdom teeth removed a few days after the antibiotics end, if they don't work.

How are things going with you?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi TeamZissou,
Thanks for your update, im keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Im doing great thanks, so far so good.. still getting good feedback and i have a completely different taste in my mouth to what i had before so i feel convinced that i struck gold with this tooth. A clean tasting mouth is something completely new to me because i had no sense of smell until my BB symptoms kicked in at 15.

Keep in mind that there are hundreds of different species of bacteria in the mouth, and even with this triple therapy there are going to be some which will be unaffected by the antibiotics. Hopefull this may kill off the species which shouldnt normally be present and with probiotics you'll recolonize with the ones that should.

I'll be interested to hear the outcome of your dental appointment.

Good luck!!
bbttt
Total Newbie

Post by bbttt »

halitosisux wrote:sorry to hear that bbttt,
a few others are trying this too, for longer duration, with slightly different meds and longer course duration - fingers crossed for them and hopefully some good news and new insights to learn from.

bbttt, what's the description of your bb? do u get it from the nose? do you have gastric symptoms?

Hey Snobuni, good luck with your upcoming ENT appointment.
TeamZissou what's the latest on your treatment?

Hi halitosisux,
yes my bb comes from the nose too. each morning i wake up the whole room stinks. during the triple therapy this didnt happen for 4-5 days. my bb was bad before but now its become much worse. MY BREATH LITERALLY SMELLS LIKE SEWAGE and am not just saying that. before i cdnt smell my bb only in the morning and maybe after a cigarette. Now it really really stinks, i was in a cafe yesterday (about 18 sq metres) , within 2 minutes the waitress was coughing, after 5 minutes she went out for air. it was just me and the waitress inthere. i had to run out of there.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

bbttt,
All i can say is get yourself an appointment with an ENT and dont give up until someone can explain WHAT is causing this odour from your nose. Something is obviously going on up there, it would never be this bad if it wasnt. Its possible that before you took these antibiotics you had a certain amount of odour habituation, which made the odours seem less and now that the odours have suddenly come back they hit you with their strength.
Try to take someone with you who is able to smell these odours, so that your ENT cant dismiss you by saying they cant smell anything - their typical response because they dont want to be dealing with such a "harmless" problem and expect to trick you into believing them and forget about it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic