THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Anaerobic bacteria
Anaerobic bacteria
Has anyone been tested for the abnormal presence of anaerobic bacteria in the mouth?
Because today a microbiologist took a sample from my mouth and I`ll know the results at the end of the week. I really hope the results will indicate smth which is abnormal and can be treated.
I have an appointment with another microbiologist tomorrow and I expect her to tell me about Solobacterium moorei and if she`s able to isoltae it.
Wish me luck!
Because today a microbiologist took a sample from my mouth and I`ll know the results at the end of the week. I really hope the results will indicate smth which is abnormal and can be treated.
I have an appointment with another microbiologist tomorrow and I expect her to tell me about Solobacterium moorei and if she`s able to isoltae it.
Wish me luck!
I repeated the examination without using any cleaning agents for 4 days and the flora changed. An abnormal presence of anaerobic bacteria was discovered, which according to the doctor might be the reason for BB. The bacteria porved to be:
Prevotella melaninogenica
Fusobacterium sp.
Peptostreptoccus anaerolius
P. magnus
Actinomyces
Odontolyticus
So, now I have to find out what causes this abnormal flora.
Has anyone checked his anaerobic bacteria?
Prevotella melaninogenica
Fusobacterium sp.
Peptostreptoccus anaerolius
P. magnus
Actinomyces
Odontolyticus
So, now I have to find out what causes this abnormal flora.
Has anyone checked his anaerobic bacteria?
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi iva,
Is it possible for you to have nasal/sinus cultures made and then compare these findings together for any correlation to any abnormal presense?
I did a very quick search on each of those species of bacteria. I saw something connected with periodontal diseases on one of them and sinusitis on another. When i have time i'll look more thoroughly.
I also saw something regarding otitis media discharge/eustachian tubes, do you have any balance or inner ear related problems?
Is it possible for you to have nasal/sinus cultures made and then compare these findings together for any correlation to any abnormal presense?
I did a very quick search on each of those species of bacteria. I saw something connected with periodontal diseases on one of them and sinusitis on another. When i have time i'll look more thoroughly.
I also saw something regarding otitis media discharge/eustachian tubes, do you have any balance or inner ear related problems?
Halitosisux,
thanks for checking on the bacteria; I did the same and some of them disturbed me. But I do not understand if they are the cause for BB, how can I have BB with them and without them (the first test was negative since I had used cleaning agents)?
I shall visit dentist again and ENT again, because I have never discussed with them such results. Ordinary labs obviously do not check anaeorbic bacteria. Maybe If the ENT thinks it`s necassry, I shall test a sample from the nose. I do not think I have sinusists nor ear problems, but I haven`t been thoroughly examinated by ENT. Don`t know what to think at all](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
thanks for checking on the bacteria; I did the same and some of them disturbed me. But I do not understand if they are the cause for BB, how can I have BB with them and without them (the first test was negative since I had used cleaning agents)?
I shall visit dentist again and ENT again, because I have never discussed with them such results. Ordinary labs obviously do not check anaeorbic bacteria. Maybe If the ENT thinks it`s necassry, I shall test a sample from the nose. I do not think I have sinusists nor ear problems, but I haven`t been thoroughly examinated by ENT. Don`t know what to think at all
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi iva,
Im at work atm. I will give more thought to this when i get home later.
Someone on here recently mentioned that they discovered they had a sinus infection which they had no idea they had it.
If you ever had acute sinusitis in childhood (very common) which was never resolved and developed into chronic sinusitis (as it usually does) the symptoms can be so minor you dont even realise you have them.
Doctors know how difficult chronic sinusitis can be to deal with, and when they realise that the only complaint is BB, they try to convince people they are imaginging it and hope they'll go home and forget all about it.
Do some reading on chronic sinusitis, its very different to acute because it becomes self-sustaining from the damage caused at the acute stage.
To be certain you need to have appropriate scans and analyses made.
Someone on here beginning with S recently saw an ENT and he didnt even LOOK in her nose, or her throat. Do your RESEARCH and INSIST with these bastards. If an ENT didnt look inside my nose i would have gone bazerk.
Think about it logically - Sinuses can and often DO develop bacterial situations which can lead to BB - and yet we have people on here who havent ruled this out properly.
Im at work atm. I will give more thought to this when i get home later.
Someone on here recently mentioned that they discovered they had a sinus infection which they had no idea they had it.
If you ever had acute sinusitis in childhood (very common) which was never resolved and developed into chronic sinusitis (as it usually does) the symptoms can be so minor you dont even realise you have them.
Doctors know how difficult chronic sinusitis can be to deal with, and when they realise that the only complaint is BB, they try to convince people they are imaginging it and hope they'll go home and forget all about it.
Do some reading on chronic sinusitis, its very different to acute because it becomes self-sustaining from the damage caused at the acute stage.
To be certain you need to have appropriate scans and analyses made.
Someone on here beginning with S recently saw an ENT and he didnt even LOOK in her nose, or her throat. Do your RESEARCH and INSIST with these bastards. If an ENT didnt look inside my nose i would have gone bazerk.
Think about it logically - Sinuses can and often DO develop bacterial situations which can lead to BB - and yet we have people on here who havent ruled this out properly.
Hi Iva,
This sounds like a good start to finding out where your bb is coming from. Are you in the UK? How did you get referred to a microbiologist? Was it through your GP or an ENT?
I'm wondering if I should ask my ENT to do these nasal amd mouth swabs when I see him or if I should save my money and just go and see my GP and ask for this instead.
So do you know what your treatment might be for this? Will it involve finding a source of bb (decayed tooth or infected gums) or just generally treating an overgrowth and imbalance of bacteria?
This sounds like a good start to finding out where your bb is coming from. Are you in the UK? How did you get referred to a microbiologist? Was it through your GP or an ENT?
I'm wondering if I should ask my ENT to do these nasal amd mouth swabs when I see him or if I should save my money and just go and see my GP and ask for this instead.
So do you know what your treatment might be for this? Will it involve finding a source of bb (decayed tooth or infected gums) or just generally treating an overgrowth and imbalance of bacteria?
Hi, halitosisux,
the round (dentist-ENT-gastro) starts again...
I shall do my best to rule out sinusitis or dacayed tooth, despite of my numerous visits to dentists and ENTs so far.
Snoubuni,
I am not in UK. No one referred me to a microbiologist, it was my idea, since I always thought it was impossible not to have any bacterial overgrowth with that BB of mine. And both microbiologists I addressed were very kind and sympahtetic, perhaps they were not as used to patients, as regular doctors were.
Regarding the treatment - I think I have to find the source first and then treat it. But this is THE QUESTION - which is the source of BB?
the round (dentist-ENT-gastro) starts again...
I shall do my best to rule out sinusitis or dacayed tooth, despite of my numerous visits to dentists and ENTs so far.
Snoubuni,
I am not in UK. No one referred me to a microbiologist, it was my idea, since I always thought it was impossible not to have any bacterial overgrowth with that BB of mine. And both microbiologists I addressed were very kind and sympahtetic, perhaps they were not as used to patients, as regular doctors were.
Regarding the treatment - I think I have to find the source first and then treat it. But this is THE QUESTION - which is the source of BB?
Let me tell u why I persist with this post.
I had my anaerobic bacteria level in the mouth checked and it proved to be abnormally high.
This meant there was an infection somewhere high - throat, sinuses, mouth. It couldn`t be caused by the stomach.
So I went to the fifth dentist for the last 6 years expecting him to tell me it was ok, but to my surprise he said one of my wisdoms had to be extracted.
The moment the dentist started the procedure, there proved to be a pocket full with pus and it was obvious this was causing the infection and the halitosis.
So people, my advice is to start with smth as simple as an anaerobic bacteria level check.
I had my anaerobic bacteria level in the mouth checked and it proved to be abnormally high.
This meant there was an infection somewhere high - throat, sinuses, mouth. It couldn`t be caused by the stomach.
So I went to the fifth dentist for the last 6 years expecting him to tell me it was ok, but to my surprise he said one of my wisdoms had to be extracted.
The moment the dentist started the procedure, there proved to be a pocket full with pus and it was obvious this was causing the infection and the halitosis.
So people, my advice is to start with smth as simple as an anaerobic bacteria level check.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
hi iva,
Its a good point, but for most people its like another way of confirming what they are already convinced of - that they have BB. It would be great if certain species could be identified through such a test and whatever association with diseases might be behind that particular bacterial presense or abnormally high presense.
Were you able to confirm or conclude anything from your test results?
I remember reading that one of the species highlighted in your test was associated with periodontal disease, which you now know you had.
Its a shame there are no microbiologists on here.
Its a good point, but for most people its like another way of confirming what they are already convinced of - that they have BB. It would be great if certain species could be identified through such a test and whatever association with diseases might be behind that particular bacterial presense or abnormally high presense.
Were you able to confirm or conclude anything from your test results?
I remember reading that one of the species highlighted in your test was associated with periodontal disease, which you now know you had.
Its a shame there are no microbiologists on here.
Hi, Halitosisux
the idea behind the test is not to confirm that u have bb, but to see if u have any infection somewhere high - mouth, throat, sinuses.
In my case the high level of anaerobic bacteria, acccording to microbiologists, proved that something was going on in the upper part of my body and I was able to overrule the stomach as a possible cause for bb.
It was important for me to know that I had an anaerobic infection, because I had no obviuos signs of a disease - sinusitis, paradontosis nor anything else. It proved that the infection was coming from my wisdom tooth, which had a pocket full with pus.
And, Hailtosisux, there are members of this forum like Larc, that are preparing to become doctors, it`s just that Larc has disappeared for some time now.
the idea behind the test is not to confirm that u have bb, but to see if u have any infection somewhere high - mouth, throat, sinuses.
In my case the high level of anaerobic bacteria, acccording to microbiologists, proved that something was going on in the upper part of my body and I was able to overrule the stomach as a possible cause for bb.
It was important for me to know that I had an anaerobic infection, because I had no obviuos signs of a disease - sinusitis, paradontosis nor anything else. It proved that the infection was coming from my wisdom tooth, which had a pocket full with pus.
And, Hailtosisux, there are members of this forum like Larc, that are preparing to become doctors, it`s just that Larc has disappeared for some time now.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
There was a documentary on TV a few months ago in the UK called "embarassing illnesses" where they featured a woman with BB.
She had a bacterial swab taken from her mouth and at the end of the show they gave her a course of antibiotics based on the results of the swab. It was quite frustrating because nothing was mentioned, neither the course nor the antibiotics - maybe this was a tactful way to prevent people from making assumptions because as we all know BB can be caused by so many different abnormal bacterial situations. But i wouldnt be surprised if the result of this person's bacterial culture could have pinpointed a specific problem. Iva did you have the opportunity to discuss the significance of your results with anyone?
If anyone is feeling completely lost for ideas or they are suspecting some of the ideas being discussed on here recently, this approach might be worthwhile discussing with a doctor.
I never went to any breath clinics, but WTF do they do there apart from convince people they need to use their expensive useless products? This is the sort of thing they should be doing, not making people feel as though BB is just something they have to accept. This is they key for them to generate all their wealth.
She had a bacterial swab taken from her mouth and at the end of the show they gave her a course of antibiotics based on the results of the swab. It was quite frustrating because nothing was mentioned, neither the course nor the antibiotics - maybe this was a tactful way to prevent people from making assumptions because as we all know BB can be caused by so many different abnormal bacterial situations. But i wouldnt be surprised if the result of this person's bacterial culture could have pinpointed a specific problem. Iva did you have the opportunity to discuss the significance of your results with anyone?
If anyone is feeling completely lost for ideas or they are suspecting some of the ideas being discussed on here recently, this approach might be worthwhile discussing with a doctor.
I never went to any breath clinics, but WTF do they do there apart from convince people they need to use their expensive useless products? This is the sort of thing they should be doing, not making people feel as though BB is just something they have to accept. This is they key for them to generate all their wealth.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.