Your Email Address:

First Name:

COMMON SENSE CURE----2------

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
wnaysha
Master

COMMON SENSE CURE----2------

Post by wnaysha »

Hello fellow sufferers,

I had promised everyone that I would open a new topic about bb and things I think are causing it based on surveys and my own experiences.

The most common symptoms with bb were
1. tongue coating
2. constipation/bloating
3. sinuses/pnd
4. Teeth/gums/fillings
5. deprssion/stress

Other things I think are causing bb

1. IBS (constipation, diarrhea, lactose intolerance, gas bloating, fecal breath because feces literally comes up in your stomach) do some more research+ take ibs and constipation medication even if u think u might not have constipation.

Helpful video on ibs : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhBpHyBReI

2. Lactose intolerance: (me+ a few other members saw a change in level of bb after we stopped taking dairy products) Take Silk(soy milk) instead.

3. Tongue coating: http://www.hps-online.com/ntongue.htm

3. in FIRST common sense cure

A few things I found helpful/and think might help others are
1. IBS medication
2. constipation medication
3. good eating habits
4. drinking soy milk
5. oil pulling ( dreamweaver: sorry i never got to tell u how much oil pulling has helped me, it increased mouth moisture+ cleaned tongue/coating more than mouthwash)
6. miswak-I have been using it for a month now, it has helped me, but tnx to ginger tabby for bringin it up

Jimi + everyone,

Remember I once promised that I will find what my aunt's husband was using for his acid reflux/sinuses/nasal odour bb?

for those of you that don't know abt my aunt's husband, he is suffering from bb, hes had a sinusitis surgery before, which helped him a little, he has also been taking nexium, but at the same time he started taking something that decreased his bb tememdously, I was looking for his secret mouthwash/whatever he was using, and was finally able to find it.

I had to go to their bathroom and look for it, cz my aunt refused she prmised to show me what it was, she probably didn't want me to know that her husband was suffering from bb. but anywayz, I finally found it and it was Closys mouthwash, I don't know wether he uses the toothpaste or not, but I saw the mouthwash in their bathroom. I have NEVER used it before, but i'm thinking of buying a small bottle from walgreeens.

I would say that his bb (from 1-10) was 10 (the whole room would fill with his bb) before and now its like 2( you can only smell it within 1 ft).

Hope it helped u guyz, let me know if u have any questions regarding anything here + leave nice comments only O:)

meowkity1
Super Angel

kind

Post by meowkity1 »

what kind of oil did u usef or pullin?
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

hi meowkity,

I used olive oil, cz i've heard a lot about it in my latin class. roman people used olive oil as body wash, because they didn't have soap back then, the way olive oil works is that the oil is non polar and when you wash ur mouth with it, the other non polar substances get attached to it then removed by it, infact after using it, it feels like oil pulling replaces those nonpolar substances with olive oil, or whatever kind of oil u use.

I have done it twice, n my mouth felt very fresh and clean after it, i haven't used other kinds of oils mentioned by dreamweaver, I will try to find them n use them to see if one works better.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Wnaysha,

thank u for the post. Knowing that a person with AR has felt relief in bb by using miswak and oil pulling makes me want to try these.

I would like to share that I have been taking plantain (Plantago major) for some time now and it has helped me reduce my bb greatly. I remember using it when I had bloddy diarrhea for ove a month and was terrified it might become a chronic condition and it cured me.
This herb is generally used for problems with the digestive tract - gastritis, colitis, IBS. etc.
phineas

Post by phineas »

Wnaysha,
I recently went to the periodontist for a 2 hour cleaning. We also had a consultation regarding my bb. He order me some Closys, and didn't even charge me for it. The benefits are no sodium lauryl sulfate (which dries the mouth), the downside, however, is that is has chlorine dioxide, which is supposed to be good, but absolutely KILLS my teeth. I had to stop using it after two days, because it literally feels like i am brushing the exposed nerve endings of my teeth. I just wanted to let you know before you buy it, that you could be very sensitive to chlorine dioxide just like I am.

Phineas
thf
Junior

Post by thf »

Wnaysha,

When you do the oil pulling, do you have to do it on any empty stomach or can you do it anytime?
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

iva,

wow, i have never heard of that plant before, i will go and do a google search on it right now n see if theyr sold at any grocery stores around here. Does it taste good? :-& r u supposed to eat it with soup/food, or like a salad?
dreamweaver

Post by dreamweaver »

I use sesame oil. I think sesame oil is better for this purpose.

First thing in the morning on an empty stomach is best from what I've read. Do it for at least 10 minutes, but 15 to 20 minutes is obviously even better. Try not to swallow as you're swishing the oil in your mouth. If you do swallow, it's not a big deal. Once you're done, spit out the oil, preferably in the toilet as I've read that spitting out in sink will clog the drain (not sure how true this is) and thoroughly rinse your mouth with water.

Good luck.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

phineas wrote: The benefits are no sodium lauryl sulfate (which dries the mouth), the downside, however, is that it has chlorine dioxide, which is supposed to be good, but absolutely KILLS my teeth. I had to stop using it after two days, because it literally feels like i am brushing the exposed nerve endings of my teeth. I just wanted to let you know before you buy it, that you could be very sensitive to chlorine dioxide just like I am.
I haven't really done a lot of research on this mouthwash, but my teeth are very senstitive, I wonder if oil pulling at the same time would make my teeth less sensitive.

lol, I asked my aunt about that mouthwash so many times that she called my mom the other day and told her she was going to bring me a new mouthwash from her office(she's a dentist). lol, cz she doesn't want me to know what its for. ;)
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

thf wrote:Wnaysha,

When you do the oil pulling, do you have to do it on any empty stomach or can you do it anytime?
hi thf,

as dreamweaver said you have to do in on an empty stomach. I think morning is the best time, doing it 4 hrs before or after meals is suggested.

Dreamweaver,

the other day I did it with pure corn oil, n it was soooooo disguesting, :shock: I had to spit it out, couldn't hold it in my mouth. but when i think about the level of its benefits then the suffering becomes easier, lol
iva
Master

Post by iva »

wnaysha,

plantain (plantago major) should be taken as tea; I take it on an empty stomach, 1 hour before breakfast. For me it works miraculously.
prey
Junior

Post by prey »

iva wrote:wnaysha,

plantain (plantago major) should be taken as tea; I take it on an empty stomach, 1 hour before breakfast. For me it works miraculously.
hello

do you have less bb when taking this tea?

bye
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Yes, it helps me reduce bb, though it`s not gone, of course
prey
Junior

Post by prey »

iva wrote:Yes, it helps me reduce bb, though it`s not gone, of course
thanks,then i will try it myself too se if it helps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic