Your Email Address:

First Name:

Lactobacillus Salivarius works very well for me!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stanislav
Total Newbie

Post by stanislav »

Jimi wrote:But how much do you spend per month? Over 1000 USD?
With my current dose of l.salivarius I pay "only" about 25 dollar per month.

stanislav
Total Newbie

Post by stanislav »

waitingforrelief wrote: Stanislav, thanks so much for the info. please do keep me informed if you find out anything new...
I will.
lactoferrin sounds interesting to me. i only browsed through the article briefly - it's a difficult read. do you think it has something to do with bad breath? how do you get lactoferrin? are there supplements?
Yes, you can buy it as supplement. I can't tell you, whether it would have a positive effect on bad breath. As far as I know, nobody has tried it against bad breath. But since probiotics have definitely worked for me and some others I'm very convinced that bad breath is an internal problem and has something to do with an unhealthy gut-flora. Lactoferrin might work just like some probiotic strains, as it can change an unhealthy gut-flora to the better.
do you think that your bb is completely gone, by the way?
Not sure. I would have to ask someone, but I'm too embarassed. At the moment, I'm just happy that I don't have to worry about it all the time.
did you have a dry mouth problem?
No, not really.
even when i can't smell the odor, i still have "sticky" saliva which makes my mouth feel dirty. have you experienced that?
Yes, the saliva might have been a little bit sticky before. My saliva is now rather fluid and my mouth feels quite clean. My tongue also seems to be much pinker than before.
have you experienced a change in your energy level?
Well, I can't complain about my energy level. I'm not sure whether it has improved. Maybe a little bit. It certainly didn't get worse.
Sleep has been quite good lately.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

If you try the lactoferrin, please keep me posted on how it works for you... Thanks again, Stanislav. Please keep in touch.
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Hi,
I have ordered L.Salivarius, and have been taking it for about a week now. 0.8g a day, this is the amount they suggest to start with. I take it in the morning. On the first day, the effect was that a strange taste in my mouth throughout the day, and yellowish plaque on my tongue at the end of the day. For the 3rd day of using, the yellowish colour of the plaque disappeared, and now it's whitish again. The taste in my mouth improved, but if I eat, the bad bitter-dry feeling (my mouth is not dry actually at all) comes back and I have to chew chewing gum. But after all it helps, it has a positive effect.

What I am wondering is that whether it takes its effect in the stomach/bowels, or in the mouth!

I read somewhere this:
"L. salivarius is classified as a facultative bacterium, which means that it can survive and grow in both anaerobic (without oxygen) and aerobic (with oxygen) environments, although its main effects take place in anaerobic conditions. This is a decided advantage over the well-known Lactobacillus acidophilus, which has little or no growth in an aerobic environment.

One unique benefit of L. salivarius is its ability to help break down undigested protein and disengage the toxins produced by protein putrefactions. Another benefit is its rapid reproduction—it doubles its population every 20 minutes. Other than the obvious health advantages, this rapid growth is also an economic advantage: you do not have to take so much."

http://www.innvista.com/HEALTH/nutritio ... roborg.htm
"L. salivarius is most abundant in the mouth and gums (hence its scientific name), but it is also flourishes in the lining of the small intestine."

"L. salivarius appears to help digest protein and may assist in the breakdown of any incompletely digested proteins and their undesirable by-products left in the gut which can cause putrefication. L. salivarius is classified as a facultative bacterium, which means that it can survive and grow in both anaerobic (without oxygen) and aerobic (with oxygen) environments, although its main effects take place in anaerobic conditions. This is a decided advantage over the well-known Lactobacillus acidophilus, which has little or no growth in an aerobic environment. L. salivarius is a very resilient bacterium which doubles its population every twenty minutes."

So, it is present in the mouth too! Now what I will try is to rinse with/drink this stuff after meals.
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

I read an interesting post on another forum:

"ets be honest: it makes sense, in theory, to remove the bad bacteria and replace it with good bacteria. In reality, the mouth is a complex system that has many, many variables that must first be changed to reflect an environment that is suitable to host certain bacteria.

For instance, in "hali-mouths", Sterptococus will be utterly incapable of colonizing the deep microscopic crevices on the tonge where oxygen is scarce & proteins are abundant. Streptococcus salivarius is a gram-positive aerobic bacteria meaning it reqires a lot of oxygen to survive. In our mouths, a lack of oxygen in our saliva is one of the main reasons why our mouths host bad breath bacteria. Gram-negative anaerobic bacteria love those microscopic crevices on our tongues and will EASILY "starve off" the good bacteria. Even certain aerobic bacteria (such as certain gram-negative areobic bacteria which consume oxygen but don't produce Volatile Sulphus Compounds) are bad because they deplete oxygen in the saliva, creating the perfect environment for anaerobic bacteria to flourish and pollute the mouth. Our mouths work in favor of bad bacteria. If you introduce good bacteria, it'll have to essentially work against your entire system which is working to make your oral cavity the perfect home for bad-breath bacteria. "

So the question may be, how to make our saliva contain more oxygen?! I am not good at this, I use only logic, so my question may be stupid. I don't even know how oxygen can be present in a fluid.

Some believe BB is a problem of some internal disorder, the effect of which is BB. In my opinion it can be true, yes. I agree to the fact that affecting the digestive system results in changing of our mouth's flora. I think we should try to figure out how!

What are those circumstances in the mouth that result in a beneficial bacterial flora? In those cases, where there is no lack of saliva, any disease, or abnormal shape of oral cavities, it must be about the quality of the tissues on the tongue, in the mouth or the quality of saliva!
LJ
Junior

correct...

Post by LJ »

John is absolutely right; you cannot come on here and claim you have been helped at all with your regimine of probiotics if you haven't accummulated evidence beyond your pink tongue to verify it.
Hell, I've had a nice pink tongue after using many products; that meant absolutely nothing; squat. I had some serious bad breath with a clean tongue, slick teeth, when I used Colgate total; problem was it wasn't clean and fresh; it felt that way.
So, before you plant your flag of freedom on our little moon here; get your facts together; and get evidence; and then we can discuss the possibilities.
Speiser's plan didn't work; he used that same strain; and nothing recolonized for me except some very strange new odors. That stuff was terrible.
Both with chlorhexidine; which contains alcolhol and will dry out the mouth you are trying to recolonize. but also the aktiv oxygen; it did nothing to aid any sort of resurgance of the good bacteria.
But hey, if you like spending money; here's the place to start shopping. Follow all the people who say something is helping them; they offer no evidence; are even afraid to ask; and you will have your wallet drained in no time. (hey some people like to do this, enjoy). Laura
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Hi all,

Sorry for the early announcement, recently things are not so good again. Oceanside you are right, we have to ask other people, we have to take evidence of it. And we have to wait with the results if they persist or not. But I am just not enough for that, sorry. I won't ask anyone about my bad breath problem yet.

The L.Salivarius eventually does not work, however on the first week it was amazing. I am taking it since then, but still sometimes the taste in my mouth gets really awful, just like before. So it does nothing. I have not increased the amount, because it does not make any sense.

I am not even sure what did that change that I acknowledged as an improvement. At that time I was at the end of a little flu, which in fact was not so little (I didn't take eny drugs or antibiotics at all!). Maybe my body produced some natural, in house antibiotics, which affected the flora of my mouth, who knows.

I am cleaning my mouth with toothbrush, no any gel or anything. I know I am amateur, and I should order the Tung Brush. I used Hydrogene Peroxide a copule of times though, but stopped it, because it irritated my tongue and the skin around my mouth. It was a 3% one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic