Your Email Address:

First Name:

blue light toothbrush

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
Super Angel

blue light toothbrush

Post by meowkity1 »

claims to cure thrush on contact and prevent halitosis, and fight germ causing gingivitis. $15

sadman
Advanced

Blue light toothbrush

Post by sadman »

Have you used it ?. The problem with it is it has only 2 lights , just enough for the gums . The flashlight I order has 21 led and cover a larger area on the tongue , especially the back of the tongue
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Then I think it would be a good idea to let us know the brand of the light you ordered. Dont you think that would be helpful
Bestwishes

Post by Bestwishes »

Yes please let us know that would be great, and hopefully it might have some positive results for us.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Ive read that blue light cures bad breath. Intresting try it and let us know. I think its a past post. Search it.
One Day One Day....
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I find it odd sadman isnt posting info about this blue light product
Really, we would like to know
There are plenty of blue led lights, but I am not finding any specifically that you put in your whloe mouth
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Do those blue light teeth-whitening things work using similar principles?
Maybe if the light is the right wavelength a good quality version could be modified and someone could do some tests with it?
Blue LEDs havent been around for long so this is quite hopeful as a way of helping to control oral bacteria. You can get incredibly bright LEDs today and there are different wavelengths and power intensities.
If this was me a few years ago I would have been making my own for sure.

This probably has nothing to do with it, but as far as I know, sunlight whitens/bleaches because of the UV. Maybe this and the whitening things work in similar way to UV light. Actually I wonder if anyone has ever tried a low power short-duration UV light inside the mouth before?
UV light is used for sterilizing water and you can get UV kits for aquariums for controlling harmful bacteria and parasites/fungi etc.
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

I don't know if you read my other posts about Blue light . UV light is harmful to tissue and can not be used for human . Blue light with a wavelength of 450nm has been proven to kill anaerobic bacteria in the mouth and even MRSA .I got the light two days ago and so far so good , my breath has never been this fresh before . I don't want to give you a false hope , so let wait for a few more days and I will have my final thought .
orange111
Junior

Post by orange111 »

http://www.getultrablu.com/ultra-blu-product-info.html

bit of a description in this link ^

btw, is it a temporary relief against bad breath or does it promote long term fresher breath?
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

The fresh breath is not temporary . It seems to last the whole day and if indeed it does ( if I can prove it by Halitometer ) , that's unbelievable . We only need to use the blue light once a day for 60-120" along with H2O2 and that's it and we are in Heaven . The principle of this treatment is that we use the blue light to kill the bad germs and the good one then will replace them and we will have a healthy normal mouth flora . Blue Light can go deep to the crevices of the tongue and kill the anaerobic bacteria living there . Let's hope that this is the cure .
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

google this minus the quotes:

"BLUE LED Flashlight 455 460 nM"

I ordered one from the first link for about $15. It has 21 blue LEDs.
orange111
Junior

Post by orange111 »

do you put toothpaste on it or not? as wont the toothpaste on top block the blue light coming out?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic