Your Email Address:

First Name:

Caustic and Mean Spirited Comments from users on this forum

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
findthecure

Caustic and Mean Spirited Comments from users on this forum

Post by findthecure »

Some of the comments are becoming more caustic and mean spirited (and quite frankly really immature). All this will do is chase users away and discourage people (who may have potentially useful information to provide) from posting comments. Those of you attacking other users (and you know who you are) , for the sake of general good, please take out your frustatrations elsewhere. Exercise is a healthy option.

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Yes I 100% agree with you, we are here to help each other not to fight.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Tell me who is that, if it is me you have to be quiet

:shock:

what is caustic btw, i love the song with that name
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

yes, we all take what we'd like to take from all the info offered here. i want as much information as i can get. it is my choice and right to filter thru' what i think is right for me and what is a load of crap for me. if it doens't help me, i don't respond and move on with my life. period. i'm not going to waste my time pondering the post writer's character/honesty/psychological defects and whatnot. as far as i'm concerned, the more info offered here, the better. censoring any type of info or people on this site is simply one of the dumbest things we can do. we don't want anyone who wants to offer an opionion of what helped them, but stops because someone might say they're lying or that there's no statistic proving that they're not lying. as noptical said, we all have different causes of bad breath. we can all let each individual decide what works for them or not. what if that one solution might just happen to help one of us? or even to lead one of us to something that might slightly alleviate one of our symptoms? nobody should be deprived of that possibility. someone with a milder case of bb might benefit from another person who also has a mild case. they should have the freedom to pursue what they need to pursue. as for me, i don't want to miss out on any information. knowledge if power. even knowledge of what doesn't work for you.

and we are not here to make judgment calls on people. only to gather info. who cares who lied, who exaggerated? i trust my own intelligence in finding out what works for me. we are all adults here. that intelligence in filtering info is what make us adults.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

but we do not want spammers

they will be kicked out like the smileguy idiot
LJ
Junior

I"m sure you mean me...

Post by LJ »

please feel free to use my name; I do know who I am. And I am quite willing to take responsibility for all of my comments that I have made. (especially the caustic ones; some of which are downright funny).
If you feel a need to begin a whole new thread about all the things I've said; then I must have gotten to some of you. I can only hope.
Sometimes there are things worth fighting for...and keeping people from self medicating would be one on my list. I shared a personal experience which I sometimes do to illustrate a point; that was that I have damage, permanent, from antibiotics. I've lived with it for years. Nobody seemed to pick up on that; I wonder why? Hmmm, denial? fear? disinterest in reality? don't want to think another potential cure won't work?
Keeping us honest with ourselves is another reason.
Hell, anyone can come on here and talk shit; especially those of us who smell like it. But sometimes people come on for other reasons; honorable ones that don't always make people comfortable.
Even though you may not like my style or I hit your nerve; or you want a perfect world with perfect posts; whatever your reason maybe; I promise you sincerely (without sarcasm) that I only want us to be cured and relieved. Not damaged beyond what we already suffer with. And I do my best to try and facilitate that very thing.
Take care, your caustic poster; Laura
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Come on Laura
they are exagarating
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

hey caustic girl, exactly what damage was done with antibiotics? Physical? Which antibiotics?

Curious as i am about to take three at once
LJ
Junior

I guess that's my new handle

Post by LJ »

In my particular case it was gentamicin also known as Garamycin. It is part of the aminoglycoside antibiotics group which is known for potential and permanent damage.
I have no balance; have a visual problem known as oscillopsia; no kinestic sense (where my body is in space and time); severe memory impairment.
there is no way to correct this; it's my life from now on.
There are other groups that can cause permanent damage; vancomycin can make you deaf; no more hearing, "what did you say?".
Tetracycline can permantly discolor your teeth.
There are some like clyndamycin (forgive my spelling on these things; I am just going by memory here) which can cause a permanent colitis condition.
There is one, and I cannot remember the spelling; fluco...I don't know...anyway how about some neurological problems along with brain damage.
I read about the h pylori treatment; god help you that is risky if you don't have the problem. There are simple tests to determine whether you have this or not. Though doctors are known to implicate it in situations where the tests don't really prove it to be.
I am shocked that people are just taking these drugs without being under the direction of a physician who may be able to help if something does go wrong.
Antibiotics are not neutral; they kill many things; and given an allergic reaction or more; could kill you.
(I know years ago, I thought who cares I want to die anyway with this condition; problem was that you don't get lucky and die; you get damage that is just the icing on your cake of life.) Laura
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Laura you should study flushing program with sauna that will flush antiboitics out of your body

they are still in your fatty tissue

study scientology cleaning program - sauna and vitamins and do it yourself

it is the best
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

so is there a test we should take to prove whether our breath is bad enough to post at this site? I wasn't sure, but if my breath isn't "chronic" enough yet, surely I will wait until that day comes, and then post if it makes anyone happy.

I hope I wasn't one to hurt anyones feelings because I may have found some simple things to keep my mouth feeling clean for a couple of hours.

How many people are actually coming here to lie about having bad breath? I think most people have better things to do.

What about "medium" bad breath? 70%, 80%? Are they exagerrating because it's not 100%? I guess since now we have a human halimeter, who can judge breath by reading a few sentences, maybe the admin should have us check with you before we sign in everyday.

People react differently to their problems. Some of us are depressed, some are melodramatic, some get bitter, some are oblivious.

I don't see anyone here saying tic tacs or mint gum has solved the problem. Nor do I see anyone talking about dental problems. I have taken all comments here as genuine. Then again, I wasn't looking to judge anyone.

Now, LJ's last post here is helpful, and useful information without attempting to ridicule others. I can respect that. Thanks.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I`m just new here but I think that healthy discussions will help us a lot in finding the cure but turning on each other like this will further delay our goal.
Last edited by jc on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
LJ
Junior

gee thanks...

Post by LJ »

Well, gosh, thanks Elliot; (blush) for okaying my last post...I really appreciate it.
(and most escpecially thanks for the "human halimeter" that can determine the level of one's breath in a few sentences) That was damn funny. Wonderful sarcasm there.
Laura
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

elliott wrote:so is there a test we should take to prove whether our breath is bad enough to post at this site? I wasn't sure, but if my breath isn't "chronic" enough yet, surely I will wait until that day comes, and then post if it makes anyone happy.

I hope I wasn't one to hurt anyones feelings because I may have found some simple things to keep my mouth feeling clean for a couple of hours.

How many people are actually coming here to lie about having bad breath? I think most people have better things to do.

What about "medium" bad breath? 70%, 80%? Are they exagerrating because it's not 100%? I guess since now we have a human halimeter, who can judge breath by reading a few sentences, maybe the admin should have us check with you before we sign in everyday.

People react differently to their problems. Some of us are depressed, some are melodramatic, some get bitter, some are oblivious.

I don't see anyone here saying tic tacs or mint gum has solved the problem. Nor do I see anyone talking about dental problems. I have taken all comments here as genuine. Then again, I wasn't looking to judge anyone.

Now, LJ's last post here is helpful, and useful information without attempting to ridicule others. I can respect that. Thanks.
thanks, elliot. i agree. hopefully you won't stop offering your opinion and experience.
LJ
Junior

what do you do?

Post by LJ »

You know I'm finding this funnier and funnier as you two get more and more twisted up about the fact that someone doesn't agree with you. (Elliott and waiting for a bus)
Have you ever had that happen before in your life? Someone who came along and just didn't say all the things you wanted to hear?
If not, today is your lucky day.
Relax, there's much to discuss and go over around here. There are some very green people here that may not understand many things that could potentially help them and set them free.
We need to divide into groups; What, you say? divide? Yes, we need to understand that there are degrees to this disorder; and that it's a diverse disorder that can be caused by many things.
But what I have learned is this: there are those who have bad breath; that have no information as to the degree or odor of their breath. There are those who cannot be missed; they're a walking shit factory; there are those who are more obsessed with the idea of being rejected because of a little odor. (insecure because of emotional issues)
If you have found something that helps your breath for any length of time during the day; and this is confirmed by others; then congratulations it must be a relief to know you don't have chronic, entrenched halitosis.
If you cannot find anything whatsoever that makes any difference in your breath (you brush and your breath is still bad, and now so is your toothbrush) then sadly, you are in the group of damned. Everyone is perplexed about you. Doctors don't even have a clue.
If you have transient bad breath; once in a while someone waves a hand by you with kind of an eww look; and you know you just ate Mexican food; relax, you are one of millions of people with bad breath that goes away with a little cleaning.
If you have an odd odor; mousey or even fruity; this could be a life threatening condition; such as liver or kidney failure; or a possible indication you have diabetes.
And if you wake up in the morning and your mate says stand back; but the dog comes up to lick your mouth; and after breakfast and a brushing you're on your way to start your day; well, that's cool. You are now amongst the highest statisitcs of people with morning breath.
Possible confusion arises is when you think you have something chronic; but don't have the data to back up the problem. You may not have someone to ask; you may not have a doctor with a sense of smell; you may not have the nerve to directly address the issue; and you end up on a board posting about something you know little or nothing about.
So, yes, there are divisions amongst this group. Those that can find relief with some tongue brushing and regular toothpastes, maybe listerine; you should counsel each other; you are unique and probably have similar symptoms.
What about TMAU sufferers? They have bb sometimes that could rock your world. And there is so little someone with this disorder can do about it. However, one thing is to be tested for it. If you are in the group of the damned; then it's essential that we include this as part of our effort to obtain a diagnosis.
If you have relief somehow; then you don't have TMAU; you don't even have to consider it.
So, based on what sort of situation you are dealing with; is what kind of things you should try.
Now does that make any sense at all to you Elliot, waiting for relief?
If not, lol, I guess there will just be more of the same from you two. Laura
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic