THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Nasal CT scan

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thf
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 am

Nasal CT scan

Post by thf »

I have not posted here in a long time but I wanted to share what I recently discovered about the possible cause of my nasal/breath odor.

About a month ago I started doing the flip turn nasal raise, I had done the nasal raise before but never in this way. It help me breathe alot better, but it did not take away the odor. When my odor was really bad I would have alot of black stuff that would come out when I blew my nose and would hack up after raising. Over time I noticed my odor was not as strong (before I could fill up a room) but now you had to get close to me to smell it, but, the nasal odor was coming more often (I never had the nasal odor everyday just the bb). I started having a problem with water in my ears so it was suggested that I use the grossan nasal irrigator (not in anyway suggesting any get a grossan just explaining what I used).

It worked great again my sinuses where clearer than ever and getting lots of this black stuff out, but I still had the odor once a week for two-three days. Then I started to notice that also when I had the odor my left nostril was not as clear on these "bad" days, when I woke up it felt clogged and through out the day.
thf
Junior
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 am

Post by thf »

So I went back to the ent and had a nasal ct scan done (I've seen 3 ent's and no one ever thought to give me a scan), it showed that there is a blockage on the left side. My doctor thinks it could be the cause of bacteria or a fungus. I'm currently waiting on a couple of test results and I'm having another test to see if the blockage needs to be removed by surgery or not.

So if anyone has not had a ct of their sinsues I encourage you to do it.

I going to be treated with amoxicillin and diflucan first and see what happens. I know amoxicillin takes away the odor for a while but my doctor wants to try it with the diflucan and see if it will clear the infection.

Will continue to post my results but I hope this helps someone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗