Your Email Address:

First Name:

Might not be your cure, but i'm prepared to offer anyway....

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I`ve tried diflucan & ketoconazole about 5 years ago to no avail. Those two anti fungals are also sold in manila without prescription. I doubt that they sell the strong ones here without prescription though.

KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

saturday wrote:hi,
i've tried itraconazole for a week but with no effect.

I just want to know what's the difference between each antifungal med?
Hey Saturday,

There's not much difference between them except for the species of Candida they target and the way they kill off the Candida. Also, if one species of Candida has become resistant to a certain antifungal, then doctors will try to use another antifungal to see if that will help.
Nowadays the azole antifungal drugs are the most popular.

Can I ask how many milligrams of itraconazole were you taking, and why did you take it for only a week? Were you under the supervision of a doctor? For esophageal Candida, the recommended treatment period is two weeks.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

Hi KeepTrying09!

i just dropped by the drugstore yesterday to inquire on the meds you listed unfortunately they don't have biozole.. and diflucan from pfizer is really expensive! i had to ask the person to say the price again :) each 150mg cap cost Php 550+ which is around USD 11.xx... maybe i'll ask for your help in ordering these meds

Hi jc

pare, i'm from manila too. not sure if you know rey from this forum but he said that sucralfate worked for him. it didn't work for me but it somehow reduced the bad taste/gas in throat feeling. Going back to the topic, how much did a diflucan cap cost back then?
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hi dick.karma,

I`ve exchanged text messages with rey a couple of times but somehow lost contact after a while.
How is he doing? I didn`t know that he was cured. The last time I heard from him was before he was about to have a tooth taken out.

I can`t remember how much it cost 5 yrs ago since I also bought other meds like pariet proton pump inhibitor & antibiotics at that time.

I`m currently drinking ozonated water right now & I think it reduced my bb about 10 % after 1 week. I just don`t know if it will continue to reduce the odor.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

Hi jc

Rey and I exchanged numbers last month. Actually he sent me a text message last night asking how i was coping. He mentioned before that he had to go through another endoscopy early this month, i still have to hear from him for the result.

I was also on PPI and just ended the 14-day course a week ago - didn't help.

The price of Funzela 150mg (fluconazole) from unilab is almost the same as diflucan.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

dick.karma wrote:Hi KeepTrying09!

i just dropped by the drugstore yesterday to inquire on the meds you listed unfortunately they don't have biozole.. and diflucan from pfizer is really expensive! i had to ask the person to say the price again :) each 150mg cap cost Php 550+ which is around USD 11.xx... maybe i'll ask for your help in ordering these meds
Hey D.K.,

Yeah, no problem. Let me know if you need any help. I've already *(editied by author)*. I don't mind helping out anyone who needs it.

Cheers, and happy New Years!
Last edited by KeepTrying09 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hi KT,

I was wondering if rifaximin is available in Thailand. It`s a strong antibiotic used in the treatment of bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine. It cured two people with hard to treat bb. I really want to try this but its not available in my country.

Cheers
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

jc wrote:Hi KT,

I was wondering if rifaximin is available in Thailand. It`s a strong antibiotic used in the treatment of bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine. It cured two people with hard to treat bb. I really want to try this but its not available in my country.

Cheers
Hey JC,

I can check at the pharmacy and get back to you. If you wanna shoot me an e-mail, feel free to do so. I enabled the e-mail function in this forum, so you should just be able to click the e-mail button below and send one out. We could communicate faster that way.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Keep trying is a great guy. I ordered some biozole and it arrived in less than 10 days. I took my first pill today. I am scared but hopeful. :D
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Hi all-
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. After my endoscopy I was frustrated with the lack of findings + holiday etc. I had to order my records to "see" the pics of my endoscopy of stomach and esoph. I receieved them after being charged 10 dollars and they were copied on a crappy copier and are dark. So dark the pictures are black and I can't see a thing! Ugh. ](*,)
I did speak with my doc's nurse again and he said he didn't see candida or anything that may cause bb. Other than erosions that are pre ulcerous. I was hoping to look at the pictures myself, because who knows if my dr. knows what candida even looks like. It didn't seem he knew very much about it. I've been taking Kapidex he gave with NO help with my bb.
UGH.
KT- in my heart, something tells me I have Candida. Maybe not in my esoph. but in my body somewhere!!!! I developed bb in college after I started partying alot! I drank lots of beer/alcohol and ate simple carbs. I also took meds for acne, Accutane and tetricycline. Amongst this lifestyle plus the acne meds, my bb started and my life began to decline majorly. I wonder if the yeast in the obscene amounts of beer I consumed is related to candida. ?
Anyway, I'm thinking about ordering drugs from you as well. Do you know how much in US dollars it would cost for the same drug combo you took?
Thanks, I really think you are great for posting and trying to help!
Happy New Year! Maybe 2010 is our year!!!!
saturday
Total Newbie

Post by saturday »

KeepTrying09 wrote:
saturday wrote:hi,
i've tried itraconazole for a week but with no effect.

I just want to know what's the difference between each antifungal med?
Hey Saturday,

There's not much difference between them except for the species of Candida they target and the way they kill off the Candida. Also, if one species of Candida has become resistant to a certain antifungal, then doctors will try to use another antifungal to see if that will help.
Nowadays the azole antifungal drugs are the most popular.

Can I ask how many milligrams of itraconazole were you taking, and why did you take it for only a week? Were you under the supervision of a doctor? For esophageal Candida, the recommended treatment period is two weeks.
Hi KT,

I can't remember exaclty how many milligrams but it was in capsule form and not the liquid solution.

A nurse friend of mine opened up my condition to a doctor and the doctor gave itraconazole for just a week because he said the anifungal is quite strong.
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

jc wrote:Hi KT,

Cheers
Hey JC,

So far I haven't found any rifaximin here in Thailand. I checked around at about 6 or 7 different pharmacies. I know one more place I can check, but they might not have it either.

From what I've discovered, they don't offer generic rifaximin yet because there is still a patent on it. For now, it seems like it is only available in the US and in Europe.
jc wrote:I`ve tried diflucan & ketoconazole about 5 years ago to no avail. Those two anti fungals are also sold in manila without prescription. I doubt that they sell the strong ones here without prescription though.
dick.karma wrote:Hi jc. . .Going back to the topic, how much did a diflucan cap cost back then?
jc wrote:I can`t remember how much it (Diflucan) cost 5 yrs ago since I also bought other meds like pariet proton pump inhibitor & antibiotics at that time.
Were you taking the antibiotics or proton pump inhibitors at the same time as the Fluconazole, or did you take them after you took the Fluconazole?
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

mindyb wrote:After my endoscopy . . . I had to order my records to "see" the pics of my endoscopy of stomach and esoph. I receieved them after being charged 10 dollars and they were copied on a crappy copier and are dark. So dark the pictures are black and I can't see a thing! Ugh. ](*,)
OMG, I can't believe they charged you to get a crappy copy of your own test results!!! That's ridiculous! I would totally let someone know how I felt about that one. :x
mindyb wrote:I did speak with my doc's nurse again and he said he didn't see candida or anything that may cause bb. Other than erosions that are pre ulcerous. I was hoping to look at the pictures myself, because who knows if my dr. knows what candida even looks like. It didn't seem he knew very much about it. I've been taking Kapidex he gave with NO help with my bb.
Well, I guess we should give your doctor the benefit of the doubt. But as I wrote in previous posts, an ENT doctor back in America saw the same white patches in my esophagus 3 years prior to my Gastro doctor here in Thailand finding them, and the ENT doctor back home neither told me what the white patches were, nor did he give me any medicine for them. He just made me take an HIV test, and then he told me he would take my tonsils out after I got better. That's why I don't like to give doctors the benefit of the doubt anymore.
mindyb wrote:KT- in my heart, something tells me I have Candida. Maybe not in my esoph. but in my body somewhere!!!! I developed bb in college after I started partying alot! I drank lots of beer/alcohol and ate simple carbs. I also took meds for acne, Accutane and tetricycline. Amongst this lifestyle plus the acne meds, my bb started and my life began to decline majorly. I wonder if the yeast in the obscene amounts of beer I consumed is related to candida. ?
If you have a Candida problem, drinking beer or alcohol is like pouring gasoline on a fire.
mindyb wrote:Anyway, I'm thinking about ordering drugs from you as well. Do you know how much in US dollars it would cost for the same drug combo you took?
Thanks, I really think you are great for posting and trying to help!
Happy New Year! Maybe 2010 is our year!!!!
No problem Mindyb, feel free to shoot me an e-mail to discuss it. You can just click on the e-mail button below. I enabled the e-mail function on my profile here.

Cheers!
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

saturday wrote:Hi KT,

I can't remember exaclty how many milligrams but it was in capsule form and not the liquid solution.

A nurse friend of mine opened up my condition to a doctor and the doctor gave itraconazole for just a week because he said the anifungal is quite strong.
When you took the itraconazole, did you take it after eating a full meal?

Also, for oral candidosis, the recommended dose of itraconazole is 100mg for 15 days. In cases of serious systemic candidosis, the recommended dose can range between 100 to 200mg daily and anywhere between 3 weeks to 7 months! For that kind of Candida infection, one would need to be under the supervision of a doctor.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hi KT,

Thanks so much. You`re really a great guy.

I self-medicated on ketoconazole & diflucan but took them weeks apart.
The antibiotic was prescribed by a doctor while pariet(ppi) was given by a different doctor. If I remember correctly, I took them in separate occassions.

Cheers,

JC
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic