Your Email Address:

First Name:

Flatulence problem

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
soulsk8erboi2008
Total Newbie

Flatulence problem

Post by soulsk8erboi2008 »

ok, this is pretty embarrissing but i've had about enough.....About 6 months ago i started noticing people offering me gum and and backing away when i talked....at the same time i started to have a breath odor i also started to have a REALLY offensive Flatulence odor...(and not to mention the "other" stuff smelled 10x worse) The odor hasnt changed at all except on days that it is worse...do you guys know of any problems that can be related to this AND linked to bad breath? Please help me. Also another embarissing thing...my urine also has a really strong odor.

Anything will help

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

hi. i'm sorry you started having these problems. maybe you should try chlorella? some people say that it has cured other odor problems, but just no bb. maybe it's worth a try for you?
soulsk8erboi2008
Total Newbie

Thanx waitingforrelief, i'll try that, but do you think something can be wrong inside? maybe some kind of digestion problem? i'm to embarrassed to approach anyone about the problem, but it might come to that. Again, thank you.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

of course it is a digestion problem. Do you find that your stools are more soft and greasy? You have to use more toilet paper than ever before?

You may be lactose intollerant or even gluten intollerant. I had the exact same problem so i went on a lactose and gluten free diet. Problem solved.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

soulsk8erboi2008 wrote:Thanx waitingforrelief, i'll try that, but do you think something can be wrong inside? maybe some kind of digestion problem? i'm to embarrassed to approach anyone about the problem, but it might come to that. Again, thank you.
when it comes to flatulence and stool, it probably is digestion-related - i agree with aust - never mind that i believe bb has something to do with digestion as well.

maybe try a holistic doctor? it seems like you have a sytemic problem. it'd be good to talk to someone - a "professional" or a friend about it.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

i went to a gastroenterologist, had to wait for 6 months to see him, it cost me $280 just so he could tell me I had irratable bowel syndrome. No cure. He didnt even let me have an endoscopy to check out my bowel.

So after a few more months of painful, embarassing symptoms I did some research and went on the diet, because i thought i had celiac disease. I was cured within 2 weeks. I re-introduced gluten after 2 months, and can now eat as much gluten as i want, its only lactose i have to stay away from.

Its strange, because If i can eat gluten now it means I dont, and never did have celiac disease. Because celiac disease is a life long condition where gluten triggers an immune response in your intestine, making your own body attack itself. But Its only when i cut out gluten for a while that I got 100% better. You may not be a celiac, but try a gluten free diet. You need to research it because its a lot harder than you think. you cant even use the same toaster as other family members in case a grain of wheat comes into contact with your gluten free bread. ](*,)
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

austuser wrote:i went to a gastroenterologist, had to wait for 6 months to see him, it cost me $280 just so he could tell me I had irratable bowel syndrome. No cure. He didnt even let me have an endoscopy to check out my bowel.

So after a few more months of painful, embarassing symptoms I did some research and went on the diet, because i thought i had celiac disease. I was cured within 2 weeks. I re-introduced gluten after 2 months, and can now eat as much gluten as i want, its only lactose i have to stay away from.

Its strange, because If i can eat gluten now it means I dont, and never did have celiac disease. Because celiac disease is a life long condition where gluten triggers an immune response in your intestine, making your own body attack itself. But Its only when i cut out gluten for a while that I got 100% better. You may not be a celiac, but try a gluten free diet. You need to research it because its a lot harder than you think. you cant even use the same toaster as other family members in case a grain of wheat comes into contact with your gluten free bread. ](*,)
hi aust,
could you tell me what the gluten-free diet cured in your experience? what wwere your symptoms?

and could you give a brief description of that diet that you used?
thanks.
soulsk8erboi2008
Total Newbie

austuser wrote:of course it is a digestion problem. Do you find that your stools are more soft and greasy? You have to use more toilet paper than ever before?

You may be lactose intollerant or even gluten intollerant. I had the exact same problem so i went on a lactose and gluten free diet. Problem solved.

Yeah, my stools are soft and greasy...pretty sick.....i'm gonna try the gluten free diet, i havent had dairy in awhile though, and the problem still persists....so it must be gluten.

Thanks SOO much guys!

P.s. This site is great :)
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

dont say the problem MUST be gluten. None knows that.

I tried lactose free diets and it helped mildly. My stool was still greasy, sometimes if i had coffee and chocolte in the mornings (My all time worst addiction i must say) i would have to run faster than road runner to the toilet before my ass exploded :) it was so bad. Now I can have small amounts of chocolate and dairy, but if i eat to much, i get the runs.

But forget about lactose for now. I was suffering from these bowel problems for about 2 years. When i heard about irratable bowel syndrome i got depressed, because there is no cure yet. I decided i aint gonna give up and accept IBS, so i decided i could have celiac disease (i already explained what that is). But to be diagnosed as a celiac you need to have a tube shoved down your throat and one in yo ass so they can cut out a small part of your intestine and see if it is damaged. If the intestine is damaged, you have celiac disease and you are bound to a life-long gluten free diet. Easier now days as there are plenty of gluten free foods (at least in the developed world).

But because the "experts" didnt wanna let me have an endoscopy i said ***k it, and tried the gluten free diet, after much research and help from a friend who is on it. Two weeks later I had no gas, no cramps, shit that came out in no time and no mess, no problems whatsoever. Oh, and when i did pass gas it didnt smell like toxic methane that would previously knock out my cat. It smelled normal, like everyone elses. I decided i was a celiac because the gluten free diet helped me. So my goal was to stay on the gluten free diet forever.

About four weeks into it i got a call from the hospital saying they have approved my endoscopy and colonoscopy proceedure to test me for celiac disease. But in order to have a test for celiac disease, you must be eating gluten for at least one month before the test so that the gluten can damage the intestine and doctors can see you have the disease. So i said "Shit, im gonna start eating gluten again for this test and my gas and cramps and bad shit is gonna come back". Not too bad, because after the test I would just resume the gluten free diet again and heal my intestine.

So i started eating gluten again, but guess what, no freaking symptoms. It was so bizzare. This obviously means i dont have celiac disease because for almost a year now i have had no problem. It seems i had some kind of intollerance to gluten, which was resolved by avoiding it for some time, but avoiding it completely!

A gluten free diet means NO GLUTEN. Gluten is the main protein in wheat and barely grains. No bread, no buiscuits no suaces no beer no fast food, no packaged foods no soy milk etc, etc

basically you have to check the ingredients to everything you buy or eat. Dont go to restaraunts, you cannot avoid gluten there. Even if one grain of flour somehow makes it onto your food, this will spark an immune response in the gut of a celiac and all of the symptoms will come back severely for two weeks, maybe more. Dont prepare gluten free food with the same utensils as normal food, you will contaminate your food. Do not kiss anyone who has just eaten a bowl of pasta or some bread, you will inevitably ingest gluten. Its a very hard diet to do, but its worth a shot. Do it properly, do it now.
soulsk8erboi2008
Total Newbie

WOW! that is alot of stuff to do to be able to be normal again, but it is WELL worth it. I finally broke down and talked to mom about it and she's gonna take me to the doctor and theyre gonna see if there is something wrong, i live in germany and the doctors over here are grade A, so i expect that theyll help me out. Also after you stopped eating gluten and everything went back to normal, did it stop bad breath? or maybe at least reduce it? Because i started having bad breath right when these "other" problems started. coincidence? :-k
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

all i can say is that around the time my bowel problems started is about when i noticed people moving away from me when i talked. Maybe i just didnt notice earlier. I dont know if bb and this are related.

And no, my bb still remains, otherwise i wouldnt be here
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

It seems like the list of what you can't eat is much longer than what you can eat. Can you give us a brief summary of some products allowed in this diet austuser?

Thx
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... enDocument

http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs06.htm

theres plenty more about this out in cyberspace. you can also buy gluten free cook books which are great. theres no reason to eat "boring" just coz u are on this diet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic