THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

cutting out all dairy including pizza? jus kill me then

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fess
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:38 pm

cutting out all dairy including pizza? jus kill me then

Post by fess »

wait,
this one is for you as well nota, are you saying i can't eat pizza, my overall
favorite food.. im willling to give up smoking cheeba or weed and drinkin beers
but now i have to also give up pizza also. what next i cant drink water too right.
i also want to know if you dont have any symptoms can you stilll be lactose
intolerant
NOTANYMORE
Master
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 am

Re: cutting out all dairy including pizza? jus kill me then

Post by NOTANYMORE »

fess wrote:wait,
this one is for you as well nota, are you saying i can't eat pizza, my overall
favorite food.. im willling to give up smoking cheeba or weed and drinkin beers
but now i have to also give up pizza also. what next i cant drink water too right.
i also want to know if you dont have any symptoms can you stilll be lactose
intolerant
Lactose intolerance has nothing to do with it. I'm not lactose intolerant at all, but I do know that when I eat pizza for example; my saliva tends to thicken up and it worsens my nasal drip symptoms.

Listen man, I'm not saying you have to do anything.....I'm saying that if you choose to smoke weed and eat dairy then you are perpetuating your own halitosis. Everyone knows smoke dries out your mouth and you still choose to do it because it's what you like. That's cool, I live a bodybuilding lifestyle in which i eat tons of protein and that can cause BB as well but I'm not giving up lifting weights for anything. It's all about priorities. Maybe you've just grown accustomed to your situation........
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

@NOTA

What's your main source of protein?

I wonder if hemp protein supplements worsen BB? Maybe it doesn't since it's derived from a seed and not from dairy like whey supp, have you experimented with all the various protein supplements?
NOTANYMORE
Master
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 am

Post by NOTANYMORE »

hey everyone,
Sorry for the delay. I try to eat lean meat as much as possible for protein, i.e. turkey and chicken. I'll eat red meat on occasion as it is full of creatine which helps repair muscle. I drink at least 2, sometimes 3 protein drinks a day which are whey protein. I also eat tons of eggs during the week.

What's interesting is that when I drink a slow protein like casein before bed, it really has a negative affect on my saliva. I think, because it is so dense, it thickens the mucus a great deal.

Interestingly, cheeses (cottage cheese in particular), are very dense proteins as well............same result with them too.

I'll leave the hemp protein stuff to you guys since I know nothing about it........other than smoking it years ago.
\:D/
User avatar
KeepTrying09
Sheriff
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by KeepTrying09 »

I agree with NOTANYMORE. Eating cheese, ice cream, or drinking milk thicken my saliva drastically and increase my mucus production.
carrie
Total Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by carrie »

Yes, dairy absolutely increases mucus production. I've found that soy has a similar effect on me, though not everyone shares that experience. I'm allergic to gluten, so I completely understand how hard it is to give up food you love. For me, there came a point where the allergic reaction was far worse than going without the food. It's all a matter of what's most important to you. But I get how hard it is to give up something that you've had your whole life. Be patient with yourself.
_______________________
Carrie
Golden Rule
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗