THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Possible reason for fecal breath, maybe??

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
me
Advanced
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:26 am

Possible reason for fecal breath, maybe??

Post by me »

I found this on wikipedia, when I was reserching about flatulence:
"Not all flatus is released from the body via the anus. When the partial pressure of any gas component of the intestinal lumen is higher than its partial pressure in the blood, that component enters into the bloodstream of the intestinal wall by the process of diffusion. As the blood passes through the lungs, this gas can diffuse back out of the blood and be exhaled. "
Could this be a cause for fecal breath? could hydrogen sulfide (which makes flatulence smell bad) be getting in our blood, then diffuse out in our lungs, and being exhale??
rdamech
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:20 pm
Contact:

Post by rdamech »

When the partial pressure of any gas component of the intestinal lumen is higher than its partial pressure in the blood
Ok, can you explain what that means exactly, because I don't get it. If you have gas and hold it in for a while, you risk forcing it to the lungs and it ends up being exhaled?????

I don't know....


[-X

It's not because wiki says it that it should be considered divine truth. I'm not criticizing, but it just doesn't make much sense.
jc
Sheriff
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 am

Post by jc »

This is actually the same process that happens when there`s too much dimethyl sulfide in the body. DS goes into the bloodstream then exhaled through the lungs causing foul breath.
chiki89
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Possible reason for fecal breath, maybe??

Post by chiki89 »

"Not all flatus is released from the body via the anus. When the partial pressure of any gas component of the intestinal lumen is higher than its partial pressure in the blood, that component enters into the bloodstream of the intestinal wall by the process of diffusion. As the blood passes through the lungs, this gas can diffuse back out of the blood and be exhaled. "
I don't know if this is true..but if it is the question is what would cause the partial pressure of any gas component of the intestinal lumen to be higher than its partial pressure in the blood? lol

*I just wanted to note that I used to have fecal bad breath in which the same smell came out through my nose what I heard was good for this & what I did to fix this was "Goldenseal" 550mg -2 pills-3 times a day.
Have you people tried this? >_<
VICKSTER
Advanced
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Please reply

Post by VICKSTER »

Hey A,
You sound like a very smart person. How do you know this to be true??? Where did you get this info ?
Tomorrow I have a second HYDROGEN Test, I test very + on the frist one. I am going to check this with the gastro man reading the test. I had a first round of drugs and still have BB.so I feel very defeated.
Thanks. Vickster
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Re: Possible reason for fecal breath, maybe??

Post by Archimonde »

aydinmur wrote:Blood gases are one of the major reasons of bad breath odor. More than 1200 compounds are exhaled from lungs every day. Some blood gases take origin from failure of nitrogen / protein / aminoacid (including cystein) / urea metabolism. Such gases contain ammonia. These patients say "I feel bad odor after meal". Their bad odors dont disappear when they lay on the bed. This specifity is used to separate these patients from gastroeusophagial reflu cases.

Some blood gases take origin from ilieum or colon (large intestine) because of carbohydrate malabsorption, illiochecal valve leakage or some chronic colon diseases such as constipation or diverticulit. Some times these patients have a defect of their pancreatic exoenzymes. These patients' breath contains methanol. Their stool's pH is under 6, contains more than 55 -60 red (fat) bubbles in each microscope area, when Sudan III dye added and heated with 37% acetic acid.

Furthermore, anemia, sleep apne, asthma, H. pylori gastritis, causes expiration of CO, IL6 and 8-isoprostane, leukotriens, nitrate, cyanide and CO2 respectively.
That was pro, i hope you'll post more. Are you a doctor?
hoping
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:38 am

To Aydinmur - please read

Post by hoping »

To Aydinmur

If a person is not suffering from anemia, sleep apne, asthma, H. pylori gastritis, it seems like food is the main cause of blood gas.

Please advise on the kinds of food that produce none or relatively small amout of blood gas.

I would try anything to get rid of my nasal bad breath.

Thank you.
carrie
Total Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: To Aydinmur - please read

Post by carrie »

aydinmur wrote:
hoping wrote:...snip... Please advise on the kinds of food that produce none or relatively small amout of bloodgas
I dont know what kinds of food that produce none or relatively small amout of blood gas. I think, it is important that what enzym system has a defect.
Do you think there's any correlation between this and Celiac's Disease? Perhaps a gluten intolerance produces blood gas?
________________________
Still searching for the perfect dental plan. Find one, let me know.
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Aydinmur,

Is there anything we can do to correct malabsorption or minimize it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗