Your Email Address:

First Name:

Halitophobia is contagious!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
elliott
God

Halitophobia is contagious!

Post by elliott »

I tell ya!

At my job, which is new... they have by now all figured out I have disgusting breath. So now, everyone in the office is paranoid. People run to the bathroom more than once a day to brush their teeth now. People speak to me, and they think that "I" am what happens if you skip a brushing or have poor oral hygiene. They put a tub of gum on a table (not mine) for everyone to chew, everyone has mints and such. I have made the entire office self aware.

Can't blame people for being naturally ignorant about our condition, but it does seem that I'd have to be pretty stupid to not brush my teeth or pop a tic tac if it would resolve my problem.

But I kinda feel bad, because I can see how paranoid everyone, and I do mean 'everyone is.

And they still wonder why I'm so quiet, or want to eat alone. How hard is it to put 2 and 2 together? This has to be the single most misunderstood condition that exists, and the most underestimated is the mental anguish that we put up with on a day to day basis.

Yet, these people want to pretend that they have bad breath. LOL you wanna be like me? Go ahead and try see if you like it.

I learn so much about humans having this condition... it shows me that very few are sincerely considerate and actually take time to think about other people. I'd say around 5%.

aydinmur
God

Re: Halitophobia is contagious!

Post by aydinmur »

elliott wrote:Yet, these people want to pretend that they have bad breath. LOL you wanna be like me? Go ahead and try see if you like it.
LOL
I learn so much about humans having this condition... it shows me that very few are sincerely considerate and actually take time to think about other people. I'd say around 5%.

According to Delanghe G, (1999), incidance of psikogenic halitosis is 5%
According to Filippi A (2006) %12.5
According to Ben-Aryeh H, (1998) 61%
According to Iwanicka-Grzegorek E (2005) 5.81%
According to Oho T (2001) 30%
According to me over 40%

Every halitosis patient begins to be a type 5 case with time
- Murat
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Re: Halitophobia is contagious!

Post by KeepTrying09 »

aydinmur wrote:
elliott wrote:Yet, these people want to pretend that they have bad breath. LOL you wanna be like me? Go ahead and try see if you like it.
LOL

According to Delanghe G, (1999), incidance of psikogenic halitosis is 5%
According to Filippi A (2006) %12.5
According to Ben-Aryeh H, (1998) 61%
According to Iwanicka-Grzegorek E (2005) 5.81%
According to Oho T (2001) 30%
According to me over 40%

Every halitosis patient begins to be a type 5 case with time
- Murat
I couldn't agree more. It's really hard to get over the psychological scars of bad breath (trust me I know). Three years on and I still worry about it sometimes. I think suffering with any condition for a long period of time will do that to a person. But as time passes it get's easier.

It's sad when you think about it. People might be trying something that is actually working for them, but due to the severe psychological damage of having BB, they are convinced they still have BB and so they give up and move on.

Seriously guys, I know it's so hard to talk to people about this condition, but everyone has to get over this initial fear and just open up to someone about it. You never know, they might be able to help you. Wouldn't it be great if you could have someone that could tell you if this or that potential cure was working for you? Instead of playing all these guessing games, you could know for certain if you just opened up to someone you can trust. I did.

Three months after I was treated for Candida, my mom visited me for two weeks. I told her everything that had happened to me, how my doctor found out what my problem was, how I was treated for it, everything. She was really happy for me. I made her smell my breath for the whole two weeks she was here. I would even make her smell it at different times of the day. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening, sometimes after a meal, etc....Every time she said she couldn't smell anything, not even after a meal. She was actually quite annoyed at me by the time the two weeks were over with, LOL. She wanted me to quit freaking out about it. And for those who would say "Oh, she's your mom and she was just telling you that to protect your feelings". that's simply not the case. We actually discussed how my breath used to be bad before, and she verified that it was really bad before.

Anyway, the point is, if it wasn't for her, I don't think I could have ever had the peace of mind that followed after that. If it wasn't for her, it's possible that the psychological scars could have taken over and caused me continuos worry over nothing. So please please please please everybody, find the inner courage that I know all of you have and find someone to talk with about this condition. A friend, a family member, a lover, a spouse, heck even a psychiatrist if you have to! Just someone who can give you an honest opinion.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I like to tan and the two tanning booths I frequent started putting bowls of mints out. both about a couple weeks or so of me going.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic