Your Email Address:

First Name:

My Mild Bad Breath Is Gone

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Congrats WhyWhy-
Are you finding it expensive to pop the Swansan strawberry tabs? I saw that you only get 30 for 5.99 USD. I wonder if you can buy in bulk somewhere?
I too got bb at (althought at age 18 ) after 2 major happenings, I'm not sure which or if any caused my bb.
1- Taking Accutane for acne- a VERY controversial drug with many lawsuits against it. I don't think its an antibiotic though.
2- Had all wisdom teeth out, no stitches with gaps getting clogged with food. I'm pretty sure I took antibiotics while recovering.

Please keep us updated if it all is still working for you!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

KeepTrying has shown us how to make our own probiotic yoghurt, but I wonder if any type of probiotic yoghurt can be home made in the same way? (such as using a tiny quantity of BLIS-K12 powder each time for example)

Its probably makes more sense to just buy certain types of probiotic yoghurt, but for anything that's very expensive, if it could work, it could save a small fortune and it would be fresher and more effective because it would have been newly cultured.

At least it might be worth a try for anyone with the expertise to try.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

:roll: :?: [-( :-k :-s =; :-({|=
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Hi all-
I'm using all these products starting today, wish me luck.
Mouth feels neutral as of now (had coffee, brushed/washed,sucked on a Swanson's Strawberry tab, had lunch, sucked on a GNC Super Acidiphillus(sp), swallowed after it got too powdery.
Will have an Activa Yogurt after dinner tonight.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good luck mindyb. Does anyone know whether you can get BLIS-K12 containing products in the UK without paying the extortionate prices to the BB mafia?

The Swanson's (sold in the USA) is a reasonable price, and I'm wondering whether anyone knows of anything similar in the UK.

BTW I'm getting zero plaque buildup on my teeth since using Xylitol and its still just as effective. If it can do this to plaque then I strongly encourage others to try it because if it can have this effect on plaque buildup then it can surely have an effect on other areas where there's bacterial activity, so no wonder its been able to help some people with BB.

Smints (sold in the UK) contain 80% Xylitol.
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

Hali....what method are you using with the Xylitol?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Dont laugh, but I'm still using Smints - not the usual tiny ones but the large ones that have 2 coloured layers. But I think even the small ones will be just as effective. I will get some Perfect Sweet sugar when I manage to find a Sainsbury's that stock them or H&B.
Been chewing on Orbit too since yesterday.

1 Smint after any food or drink = Zero plaque and a totally neutral mouth.
hope10

Post by hope10 »

Hi guys...how are all doing?? Well, let me tell you I also started today my probiotics. But still my tongue has the white film :( ..I guess is too soon for saying that I have any effects from probiotics..let see in a couple of days. Even though, I am still using TheraBreath and ActivOxygen, I also use the spray to refresh my breath..so I don't know which product is the one that will help me, but I am using everything. Today I had fresh breath during the day, but now in the afternoon I can feel my breath again. I am very sad...and my tongue hurts because of scraping many times during the day...let's wait until tomorrow, to see if there is any improvment by then...I keep you update...
Hooch

Post by Hooch »

halitosisux wrote:Dont laugh, but I'm still using Smints - not the usual tiny ones but the large ones that have 2 coloured layers. But I think even the small ones will be just as effective.
1 Smint after any food or drink = Zero plaque and a totally neutral mouth.
Me not laughin...this is serious business ;) ...anyways I shall get me to the Smint shop...one thing..dunno if it means anything but...I have been eating grapefruit topped with perfect sweet and it makes my mouth feel fresh for quite a while afterwards...no idea if it has impact on BB because I have never been able to smell it...but mouth feels good
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

anyone else try and experience any improvement through the chewable probiotic method as described by the initial poster? i have been on them for about 3 days now. can't say my BB is gone altogether but I do feel much better. I am thinking that probiotic treatment is something that one must do long term, as most of us have tried potent levels of antibiotics for the duration of several weeks. Likewise, we must place ourselves on probiotic therapy for much longer and consume extremely large amounts of them for them to be effective..
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi terranpatriot, are you using the same Swanson's oral probiotic containing Blis K12?
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

i personally think pro-biotics are prolly the most effective treatment on the forum. I dont think theyll do any good fixin anyones bb if they have some rare form of anemia anaemia/blood shortage...sufferer with thiz symptoms tend to be skinny and unable to gain weight NO MATTER how much they eat.

if you think you fall into this category then try to haem-up first. meds will travel thru your body better and reach every single crevice if you have enough blood + B12(anxiety) & Vit C. food for thought...
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

Halitosisux,

I ordered the Swanson's BLIS K12 chewables, but am yet to receive them. In the meanwhile, I have been using various types of GNC probiotics, which have been quite costly but will suffice until I find cheaper alternatives.

The ones I am using include:
--GNC Super Probiotic Complex Tablets (10 Billion CFU) which are not chewables, but I do suck on them until they dissolve.
--GNC Ultra Probiotic Complex Capsules (25 Billion CFU) which I take with a meal or mix with food (by breaking the capsules open)
--GNC Ultra Probiotic Complex Packets (25 Billion CFU) which come in powder form and I put in either a drink or yogurt.

I plan on taking them consistently multiple times a day for at least a month and see if they make a difference.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good luck.. will be interesting to hear how u get on.
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

I forgot to mention that I will also be combining this regimen with flagyl/metronidazole pretty soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic