THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

i got something to share

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
realbad
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:07 am

i got something to share

Post by realbad »

a year ago i had a endoscopy...

and the doctors said i have a J shaped stomach...i guess that kinda delays the empyting of the stomach...maybe thats the reason why...
thomasthomas
Junior
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by thomasthomas »

Interesting, why don't you post what you found about the J shaped stomach?
It would be didactic for us.
john
Junior
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 pm

Post by john »

next week i will gett a gatroscopy.
i will ask the doctor if he can make some pictures or a video so i can post it here.
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

Realbad,
Don't pay attention to the doctor. Doctors say a lot of stupid things. First of all, if doctors could cure bad breath, there wouldn't be any. And secondly, isn't everyone's stomach "J" shaped? Would you expect a stomach to be shaped like a "K" or an "M"???
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

lol, true phantasist. And is there any evidence that has connected anyone's J-shaped stomach to BB? Looking at diagrams of the stomach too, its usually shown as being J-shaped.
realbad
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:07 am

Post by realbad »

YES i understand that the stomach is J shaped...u have to understand that the stomach is connected to the small intestine which drains out the stomach mine cant because it is J shaped. therefore food can be in my stomach rotting for a long time....
TeamZissou
Advanced
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by TeamZissou »

During an upper GI for a different issue the doctor said that I also have delayed gastric emptying. Wouldn't be surprised if that played some role.

I doubt the smell actually comes from food "rotting" in your stomach though. The pH in the stomach is very low because of all the acid. I don't think there's much bacterial breakdown of food in the stomach itself.

But I do think it could be a contributor to things like reflux, and just general abnormalities in digestion in general. Those things could probably contribute to BB.
realbad
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:07 am

Post by realbad »

yes exactly so...how did the doctor treat ur delayed stomach emptying problem? any medications? do u still have bad breath?
TeamZissou
Advanced
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by TeamZissou »

There aren't really a ton of treatments for it I don't think. You can make changes to your diet, like eating smaller meals and drinking more water while eating, etc. I also tried a medication called Reglan which is supposed to help with stomach function. I had to stop it after a week though, because it made me very fatigued, which is a side effect in some people.

So yeah, I still have the problem as far as I know, and I still have BB.
realbad
Junior
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:07 am

Post by realbad »

so while you were on reglan....did u notice any changes in your breath?
TeamZissou
Advanced
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by TeamZissou »

My mouth did feel cleaner and I felt less symptoms of reflux, but it could have been in my head, who knows.

I don't think I was on it long enough to know the full impacts though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗