Your Email Address:

First Name:

Informal Survey: Family Members With Bad Breath?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

we are 3 brothers in total,2 have it the other does not.mum and dad never had it.

alwayschewsgum
Total Newbie

Post by alwayschewsgum »

My uncle has it, my mom has it, I have it, and I'm afraid my niece is developing it. Our BB does not originate from the nose, and is not constant - but it is for a majority of the time.
deebo

chronic bb Is rare

Post by deebo »

i think its unnecessary to rehash that run-of -the-mill bb and chronic bb are worlds apart . Like normal shyness and agoraphobia , the extremes are indeed rare . At least in my town . Show me the town where chronic BB is the norm and I'm packin up to move there :-s

i have a sibling of similar age with powerful bb . There is a hereditary sinus, throat..etc issue from Moms side we both have .

Even though i distrust Speiser's motives, he said something interesting . That our first kiss from our parent or them chewing our food for us sets up our mouth flora from then on . With that said , i can still smell my siblings BB though not constant , which bring up the question of Strains .
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I brought up this topic about a year ago, but Halitosisux immediately pounced on me, asserting that I was full of beans, that I had no business bringing up this topic, that BB cannot be hereditary under any circumstances, that it is totally impossible, that it is a waste of time to even investigate it, that it could never happen, and even if it could happen, it couldn't happen on this planet, only on other planets; in other words you could never in any manner, shape or form inherit bad breath from either one of your parents. I hope that is clear now.
(This has been a public service announcement).

P.s: As a precaution I am now wearing my bicycle helmet.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Phantasist wrote:.. I hope that is clear now.
(This has been a public service announcement).

P.s: As a precaution I am now wearing my bicycle helmet.
haha. loud & clear how the frustration of this search can hinder critical thinking in us . i'v been prone to bludgeon a few distractors on this site b4 8-[ i hope they know i dont mean it to be personal ... mostly

ive recently been talking to my parents about bb as a symptom of known hereditary issues . maybe its a deadend but i have to go there to see 1st. And just talking about it is a huge load off of stress , and stress is bad . Don't do stress..m-kay?

My sibling with bb drinks water and it seemed to instantly help(i think they are aware of their bb) . A friend would always hand my water, ,like "here ,dude , have some water.Please" and be fine after i did so I'm guessing it helps the type of bb my sibling and i May share.
As of 2 months ago , i stopped gum and started swishing water in me mouth probably like 40 times a day . i chewed gum for the 1st time in months the other day and my Jaw hurt :oops: its been so long . Before, i'd avoid drinking water while fresh gum was in my mouth ,cus i didn't want to wash to flavor away ! Dumb . Now i at least get those 40 gulps of hydration and mouth cleaning
Last edited by deebo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
deebo

Post by deebo »

firebreath wrote:we are 3 brothers in total,2 have it the other does not.mum and dad never had it.
very very similar situation . has it been discussed among you ?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

lol phantasist.. I do remember pouncing on you for certain things (by the way are you male or female?) but I dont recall ever saying that BB cannot be heredetary.

It totally depends on what the particular BB cause might be for that person. For instance if someone has an inherited susceptability to sinus troubles then you could consider this a BB heredetary trait that could get passed on. If a person has some inherited reason why they tend to have low saliva levels, that may be another possible hereditary trait. We could go on and on at how different traits like these could make it seem that BB is hereditary.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Halitosisux,
You mean after all this time you think I might be a female. Funny, I thought the same thing about you once, but last time I checked I was still male.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

Nature vs nurture... who knows?
Yes family members have very similar genes to each other, but they may also share a very similar diet, or may all live in the same mould-infested house, or drink the same contaminated water supply. Eventually the kids will fly the nest but they may already have persistent BB by then.
Just a thought.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Phantasist, I have a mental picture of most people on here who I regularly discuss things with. God only knows what an awful image some people must have of me for the way I can seem on here.

There's someone else on here (I think it's stressed_out) who I believe is female and a teacher, who often joined in our discussions. I think I may have got confused between you both.. sorry.. infact.. while writing this it's just come into my head now that I think about it, I do remember you saying you are a retired guy from the US.. I hope I'm right this time [-o<
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes potty, our environmental factors may combine with our inherited hereditary factors.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

@Halitosisux - To help your "mental picture" and in the interest of full disclosure:

White, 5'10", 175 lbs, light complexion, average build, graying hair, crooked teeth and the stupidest smile in the world. Hope that helps.
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

I do not know anybody with bb except myself :(
My uncle hates brushing, he always washes his mouth with plain water and he eat whatever he likes and he does not have bb.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks Phantasist. I now have a totally mental picture of you, lol
Lavender
BB is hereditary

Post by Lavender »

Well I definitely believe that bb is because of gene mutation which makes us more susceptible to the bad bacteria and Candida. Scientist are only interested in knowing more about bb associated with diseases or with bb products. Few years down the line complete genome sequencing should be more affordable and its then we (healthy individuals with chronic bb) could get our DNA sequenced and compared for likely culprits.

BTW: In my case it is definitely genetic as my mom and my daughter both suffer from bb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic