Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can anyone confirm the H. Pylori treatment

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Where? Where do you live, austuser?

sos_bb
Total Newbie

joining

Post by sos_bb »

Hello, I'm a first time poster and have read most of the treads of the topics discussed. I would first like to say this site is incredible and I would enjoy discussing similar issues that I'm experiencing with halitosis. I have had it for at least 5 years now (which could mean nothing to some) but I can understand the difficulties it has created in social behavior. I have a chronic bb problem and it has me thinking of the issue 24/7 especially when talking to ppl and they're constantly put their finger on their nose. At first I thought it was PND but no, allergies no, stomach? unsure but what I do know is I wake up with it every morning and live with it all day. I do have a white coating on my tongue but have never experienced any tonsil stones. I drink coffee every morning and was wondering if any of you do the same? I'm also a smoker (not tobacco) but not sure if this is caused by the issue. One thing is for certain this site has inspired me to finally discuss this issue and hope for a cure like all of you. I have tried Dr Katz medicine and actually thought it worked but the commitment it took and the amount of money spent discouraged me thinking why do others not take anything and have breath that doesnt' smell at all...
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

And austuser, one more question! Before in some of your posts you mentioned that "I started Nystatin oral drops today for the candida and 12 hours later my breath is good.". And don't want to look into any theory of this. I just thought I would give it a blind shoot, to try it, might be a temporary relief. So how is this stuff, do you remember, do you still use it?
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

OK. 3rd day since I've been off the triple therapy and can say that for the first time in my life I can work closely with my students and don't have to talk to them from a distance. I no longer have to open windows to aerate the room. Yes, my BB has been eliminated - let's hope for good. However, I have noticed that my chest feels heavier. What I mean by this is that my lungs seem to have obtained a layer of mucous that was possibly stripped away by the antibiotics and is now coming back? And I also notice a thickening in the back of my upper throat. I thought I didn't have PND. Maybe I have? I'm taking probiotic capsules and I am wondering whether it's the effect of the antibiotics, the probiotics or a combination of both that have eliminated the BB. I've also been watching my diet carefully which has consisted of whole grains, nuts, cooked vegetables and yoghurt. I have eliminated almost all diary products and have not eaten meat.
onewhocares
Crybaby

Post by onewhocares »

Austuser,

You said it appeared that after antibiotic treatment when you tried Threelac you experienced about 2 days of incredibly strong bad breath. You said you would write to company making it. After you stopped using it (after 2 days i assume) your bad breath went to that 80% good status again if im not mistaken. In following posts you said you had tonsil stone that was awfully smelly. After that you stated you had more of stones so that could be connected to awful bad breath. Then you said antibiotic treatment finally failed cause you are where you started.

I ask you this:
1. did you contact company making Threelac as you said you would? if you did explain details about it please
2. did you try to use Threelac again after you discovered faul smell could be mostly coming from tonsil stones?
3. do you agree that Threelac didn't have anything to do with you 'catching' that extreme bad breath for couple of days?
4. would you recommend Threelac instead of K12?
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Allergic reaction

OK, I need to report a reaction I am currently having - (day 4 after triple therapy). Just got up, no BB, took a vitamin B tablet, Probiotic capsule and Omega 3 capsule.

My face has flared up - I've got an allergic reaction. I've never had a reaction like this in my life. It started around my mouth area and redness gradually crept up my face. The whole of my face (i.e. the skin) is red and burning. My bottom lip has gone white. I don't have any burning sensations in my mouth or stomach. I have no other symptoms, although as I write I feel my arms are starting to feel itchy. I'm downing lots of water and am wondering if I should go to the doctor or not.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

eerrr, go see a doctor dude. Doubt its from the antibiotics though as you did the course without a reaction.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

i'm OK

Reaction has subsided. I've taken the day off work. I seem to be OK. I probably should go and get myself tested for allergies, but you know how I don't trust the medical profession. I suppose the results would allow me to continue on my path of self-diagnosis. I don't have to listen to what the doctors say, but just having to go through relating all the symptoms and life medical history all over again whilst knowing that the doctors don't really have an understanding of the condition and little interest in getting to the bottom of this puts me off big time.
noptical
God

Re: i'm OK

Post by noptical »

CyberchndriacNot wrote:Reaction has subsided. I've taken the day off work. I seem to be OK. I probably should go and get myself tested for allergies, but you know how I don't trust the medical profession. I suppose the results would allow me to continue on my path of self-diagnosis. I don't have to listen to what the doctors say, but just having to go through relating all the symptoms and life medical history all over again whilst knowing that the doctors don't really have an understanding of the condition and little interest in getting to the bottom of this puts me off big time.
Definitely go tested for allergies and better find a good doctor who's willing to test you for lots of allergens and not only 3-4 like some do.

And dont forget to post here: viewtopic.php?t=227&start=0
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

cyberchndriacNot:
Is omega 3 fish oil? If it is then it might be causing your allergy.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Yes, the Omega 3 is found in anchovies, mackerel and sardine oils. I've always detested seafood - perhaps never being drawn to seafood was my body's way of telling me that I was possibly allergic to it? Anyway thought I might have a deficiency in this area so I started taking them about 2 months before I went on the triple therapy. I never had an allergic reation in the two months prior but then again my body was out of it's natural balance after the triple therapy which could explain the reaction. Or it was a combination of the 3 cpsules I took. NM since then I've been fine. 6 days after the TT and I'm still taking the probiotics and BB seems to be under control.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Don't know if I'm posting in the right thread or not, but I suspect that my cause may have been the H.pylori or some other similar bacteria that resides either in the gut or in the saliva, plus I also started posting in this thread so will continue.

Thought I would post my update since I am getting private messages.

I took daily doses of 2x 500g Amoxil; 1 x 500g Fasigyn and 1x20mg omeprazole for 7 days. It started working on the second day. I haven't taken antibiotics for a long time so I suspect the triple therapy worked for me. I found research papers on the internet about quadruple therapy which is used for ppl with high resistance to antibiotics. Google will locate some relevant articles in the search.

I had more regular motions on the antibiotic (at least 5 times a day) and had to continuously empty myself and I got very itchy. I ate acidophilus yoghurt to reduce the itchiness and took some vitamin B tablets recommended to me by the pharmicist.

After the 7 day treatment I put myself on the multi-billion dophillus probiotics. All the side-effects plus the BB have disappeared. It's now 3 weeks and it's hard to believe but it seems to have worked. I haven't had any meat for the past 3 weeks (I was a meat eater before) am avoiding yellow cheese and eat vegetable and grain soups, oats, raw fruit and veges, rye bread, cottage cheese, beans, lentils, walnuts, almonds and bio-yoghurt. Will try introducing fish into my diet.

Given others' experiences the BB might come back and in some reported cases worse than before, but for now I'm revelling in the new me... and I pray that it's not short-lived...
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Cyber,

Despite what others might say..., I want to give you all the credits in the world. You have amazing will-power, determination, and commitment to find a cure for yourself. I take my hat off before you.

I want to wish you the best, I hope and pray that you have finally found your cure, live your life to the fullest, laugh out loud, talk freely.

Drop us a few lines now and than, when you are ready give us a complete detail of your regimen.

Congradulations,

john
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

John

Just because I found a way of treating the symptom does not mean that I have identified a cause. The process of identifying, become aware of, working on combinations of substances, eliminating things in one's life as a guinea pig has consumed a good part of my life, almost 40 years! Just as one other poster mentioned I am deemed to be inflicted by this condition and in the same way I think it will consume the rest of my life, BB free or not!

I continue to email univeristy based researchers in the hope that some teams will see the need for identifing these smelly compound producing bacteria/s. And if I can find anyone ready to take up the challenge, I'll let you know.

Hang in there, there's going to be a reason and a cure...
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Wow Cyber

Nice it is working for you.

I am getting interested into triple therapy also.
I might even try it if it works for few people.

Can somebody make a summary of who has been cured and where the bad breath has returned.

For now I can see that only Laser therapy was succesful including nose polyp removal
and this triple therapy

nothing else worked as a permanent cure!

****ing antibiotics, I hope they won't tear my liver apart

I AM SO SICK OF BAD BREATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic