Your Email Address:

First Name:

Finally cured

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

waitingforrelief wrote:i have a little update here.

so i've stopped using the irrigator only after a few days. i've been rinsing with baking soda, peroxide and some peppermint oil (just so it doesn't taste as nasty) the last few days. and my breath does seem to be improving. do you guys know how some old people's breath smell like they have dental problems? sometimes i detect that on my breath, but my mouth feels so much cleaner and there are as many "mysterious" smells.

i've made an appointment with an oral surgeon to further investigate my molars/wisdom teeth situation.

the one day since i started this regimen that it still remained very bad was the day that i didn't have the time to rinse thoroughly as i was rushing out the door. i don't rinse for 30 mins. just continuously through my shower and getting ready. i don't think i rinse more than 15 mins. maybe that is why my experiement with peroxide and baking soda in the past didn't work. my mouth was too germ-infested to only do it with one mouthful for a minute. now i just pour a whole cup and spit and refresh continuously.

my dental appointment won't happen until next week. but at least for now i feel like my breath is more under control and i don't feel as icky.

I haven't gotten my irrigator yet, so haven't tried any of that...

But I have been rinsing with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide daily.... And for the last 3 days, I've had the old people breath.. I couldn't detect it all day, but I definitely could more than a few times today. It was much easier to detect than my usual fart breath, which also seemed to be there, but the sour old people breath smell was there...

And I'm pretty sure my breath isn't getting any better... My teeth are even more sensitive than usual, I've had a bad sore in the very back crevice of my bottom right tooth for days now.. It hurts, my mouth is dry.. my tongue is just as white as before... I don't want to damage my mouth or add another shitty smell to my already bad breath..

Ugh.. I don't know.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Phantasist wrote:Sometimes the simplest theory is the best.
I totally agree.
Phantasist wrote:Okay, I agree that most tongue coatings are not Candidiasis, but then why bring it up?
Phantasist, the original question was whether or not fungus lives in the mouth/tongue. I said it does, you said it doesnt. And having fungus living inside the mouth does not mean that a person has candidiasis. The same applies anywhere in the body where fungus is normally present. That's why I brought it up, to highlight that fact that candidiasis is one thing, the presense of fungus is another.

And regarding tongue coatings, I think if a person has BB and a smelly tongue, then as most people will likely agree, having a coated tongue makes the problem worse, because the coating absorbs and concentrates the odours and, as you pointed out, bacteria are more shielded off from saliva which adds to the problem. Infact a coating (for whatever reason a coating may be present) may well be the sole cause of Type-1 BB. Probably the single most important factor that can lead to tongue coatings is a dry mouth caused by low saliva levels. The reason may simply be that a dry mouth allows the slough to build up, whereas a normal level of saliva keeps the tongue thoroughly hydrated which prevents the buildup from occuring.
Mouth dryness sometimes has a medical reason behind it, but it may also simply be caused by dehydration due to digestive and intestinal problems.

Another point is that BB sufferers become conscious of their tongue and the odour that is usually present there. They then start using powerful antibacterial measures, such as mouthwashes and tongue scrapers, in a desperate attempt to reduce the amount of bacteria and odour. But, as everyone knows, that taking antibiotics can lead to temporary fungal overgrowth, then the same thing may also be occuring by the antibacterial measures that most people with BB use to try to reduce bacteria and control odour, such as mouthwashes and tongue scraping.
faithful1

Post by faithful1 »

halitosisux wrote:Hi, what kind of test did you have to determine that you have candida?
It's incredible how your doctors havent tested for parasites and for helicobacter, with the symptoms being decribed.
Hey, I missed this earlier. I went to a gastro-entorologist a few months ago and these tests were negative.
BBRuiningMyLife
Total Newbie

Hope ...

Post by BBRuiningMyLife »

So I've been using this method for about 5 days now, and I've only seen a slight change on the first day. Other than that, my BB has been the same. Is there a reason for this?

Also, I usually gargle for about 5-15 minutes. Should I be gargling for more or less time? And I've been getting this weird taste from it when I gargle it, although that could just be from the Baking Soda itself.

I am going to continue this method for the next 5 days. Hopefully, I'll see a bigger change soon. [-o< :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic