THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
rottening cells.
-
CyberchndriacNot
- Advanced
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm
Triple Therapy - it's a course of antibiotics used to treat the H. Pylori bacteria which is responsible for gastric ulcers. Although I don't have gastric reflux or any problems there I read up some research papers which made the connection between this bacteria and BB with some research teams saying that it is possibly responsible for bad breath.
See the forum "Can anyone confirm the H. Pylori treatment" where I posted the doses I took and gave an account of progress. A number of members on this site have undergone this treatment and ended up with BB worse than before, but given the potential side-effects, I still thought it was worth trying (I was desperate!) So far, so good, but early days yet.
I have since read that quadruple treatment has been successful for ppl who did not find success with the triple. But the question is where do you stop/draw the line before your immune system and other organs in your body start giving up?
I underwent the TT becuase I haven't used antibiotics since my childhood so thought that they might have an effect. i suppose I'd been so angry with my parents that they allowed a doctor to pump me full of them without thinking of the potential consequences so I deliberately stayed clear of them. My children went through childhood without ever having an antibiotic brought to their lips. We looked at alternative medicines to help them heal when doctors suggestd that they needed to be put on a course of antibiotics. Only time will tell if this has been an effective remedy for me - time will tell.
See the forum "Can anyone confirm the H. Pylori treatment" where I posted the doses I took and gave an account of progress. A number of members on this site have undergone this treatment and ended up with BB worse than before, but given the potential side-effects, I still thought it was worth trying (I was desperate!) So far, so good, but early days yet.
I have since read that quadruple treatment has been successful for ppl who did not find success with the triple. But the question is where do you stop/draw the line before your immune system and other organs in your body start giving up?
I underwent the TT becuase I haven't used antibiotics since my childhood so thought that they might have an effect. i suppose I'd been so angry with my parents that they allowed a doctor to pump me full of them without thinking of the potential consequences so I deliberately stayed clear of them. My children went through childhood without ever having an antibiotic brought to their lips. We looked at alternative medicines to help them heal when doctors suggestd that they needed to be put on a course of antibiotics. Only time will tell if this has been an effective remedy for me - time will tell.
-
CyberchndriacNot
- Advanced
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm
DK, I found that you have to work hard at this. What I mean by masking the smell is having the mouth fresh for a few minutes before the bacteria recolonise. I wouldn't call it relief - it's just a way to stop the bacteria from multiplying if even for a few minutes. When I chew gum, I can taste the mint but my husband can smell decaying veg in my mouth. A strong mint will mask the smell while you've got the mint in your mouth but as soon as you've eaten it the BB comes back. Here's a list of the things I've done over the past 30+ years which I've scaled on a 5 point scale with 5 being the most effective:-
flossing, cleaning teeth, tongue scraping regularly 3 for 15 mins
homemade clove mouthwash 3/5 for 5 mins
commercial mouthwash 2/5 for 5 mins
homemade parsley tea 3/5 for 15 mins
carbon tablets (doesn't really work) 1/5
gum 2/5 for 15 mins
mints 4/5 for 3 mins
triple therapy 5/5 for 6 days + follow-up treatment of probiotics 5/5 for 7 days
flossing, cleaning teeth, tongue scraping regularly 3 for 15 mins
homemade clove mouthwash 3/5 for 5 mins
commercial mouthwash 2/5 for 5 mins
homemade parsley tea 3/5 for 15 mins
carbon tablets (doesn't really work) 1/5
gum 2/5 for 15 mins
mints 4/5 for 3 mins
triple therapy 5/5 for 6 days + follow-up treatment of probiotics 5/5 for 7 days
As a child i had so many ear and tonsil infections, i finally turned resistent to serten kinds of antibiotics.I have wondered if this antibiotic treatment sort of unbalanced me. and caused the breath i have. I think the smell mainly comes from the hairy coating on my tongue. But reading around here, maybe i have some stuff hidden in tonsils too.im very sceptical to antibiotics too. and never given it to my child.CyberchndriacNot wrote:Triple Therapy - it's a course of antibiotics used to treat the H. Pylori bacteria which is responsible for gastric ulcers. Although I don't have gastric reflux or any problems there I read up some research papers which made the connection between this bacteria and BB with some research teams saying that it is possibly responsible for bad breath.
See the forum "Can anyone confirm the H. Pylori treatment" where I posted the doses I took and gave an account of progress. A number of members on this site have undergone this treatment and ended up with BB worse than before, but given the potential side-effects, I still thought it was worth trying (I was desperate!) So far, so good, but early days yet.
I have since read that quadruple treatment has been successful for ppl who did not find success with the triple. But the question is where do you stop/draw the line before your immune system and other organs in your body start giving up?
I underwent the TT becuase I haven't used antibiotics since my childhood so thought that they might have an effect. i suppose I'd been so angry with my parents that they allowed a doctor to pump me full of them without thinking of the potential consequences so I deliberately stayed clear of them. My children went through childhood without ever having an antibiotic brought to their lips. We looked at alternative medicines to help them heal when doctors suggestd that they needed to be put on a course of antibiotics. Only time will tell if this has been an effective remedy for me - time will tell.
Ive tried all of those except the triple therapy, is it worth it to try that too?CyberchndriacNot wrote:DK, I found that you have to work hard at this. What I mean by masking the smell is having the mouth fresh for a few minutes before the bacteria recolonise. I wouldn't call it relief - it's just a way to stop the bacteria from multiplying if even for a few minutes. When I chew gum, I can taste the mint but my husband can smell decaying veg in my mouth. A strong mint will mask the smell while you've got the mint in your mouth but as soon as you've eaten it the BB comes back. Here's a list of the things I've done over the past 30+ years which I've scaled on a 5 point scale with 5 being the most effective:-
flossing, cleaning teeth, tongue scraping regularly 3 for 15 mins
homemade clove mouthwash 3/5 for 5 mins
commercial mouthwash 2/5 for 5 mins
homemade parsley tea 3/5 for 15 mins
carbon tablets (doesn't really work) 1/5
gum 2/5 for 15 mins
mints 4/5 for 3 mins
triple therapy 5/5 for 6 days + follow-up treatment of probiotics 5/5 for 7 days
Ive tried all of those except the triple therapy, is it worth it to try that too? the probiotic I used was acidophillusCyberchndriacNot wrote:DK, I found that you have to work hard at this. What I mean by masking the smell is having the mouth fresh for a few minutes before the bacteria recolonise. I wouldn't call it relief - it's just a way to stop the bacteria from multiplying if even for a few minutes. When I chew gum, I can taste the mint but my husband can smell decaying veg in my mouth. A strong mint will mask the smell while you've got the mint in your mouth but as soon as you've eaten it the BB comes back. Here's a list of the things I've done over the past 30+ years which I've scaled on a 5 point scale with 5 being the most effective:-
flossing, cleaning teeth, tongue scraping regularly 3 for 15 mins
homemade clove mouthwash 3/5 for 5 mins
commercial mouthwash 2/5 for 5 mins
homemade parsley tea 3/5 for 15 mins
carbon tablets (doesn't really work) 1/5
gum 2/5 for 15 mins
mints 4/5 for 3 mins
triple therapy 5/5 for 6 days + follow-up treatment of probiotics 5/5 for 7 days
-
CyberchndriacNot
- Advanced
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm
I can't answer your question, because I'm not a doctor. I can only report what has worked for me. I suspect my imbalance may have been caused by the anitbiotics I took all those years ago. This might be a reason for the success of the TT and reestablishment of good flora via the probiotics I used. Remember that this is still early days for me - the BB might come back. Do a search of my posts and read my accounts and if your background is similar then speak to a doctor before you try it. What worked for me might not work for everybody and the therapy might induce unwanted side effects for some people. Hope it works. Good luck and keep reporting here!
-
CyberchndriacNot
- Advanced
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm
-
CyberchndriacNot
- Advanced
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.