THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
British TV coverage of halitosis sufferer with TMAU
British TV coverage of halitosis sufferer with TMAU
A halitosis sufferer with TMAU will be interviewed on ITV This Morning programme on Thursday 21st July at 9.00am. Dr Dawn Harper will be present.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
caramiamine98
- Advanced
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
- Location: Canada
I wasn’t able to view it
I hope somebody uploads this clip onto youtube so the rest of us who aren’t in the UK can see it 
Last edited by caramiamine98 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
caramiamine98
- Advanced
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
- Location: Canada
-
caramiamine98
- Advanced
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
- Location: Canada
Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait very long. Here is the interview for anyone who is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_QYk6zRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_QYk6zRI
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
OK ..that just blew my mind ..caramiamine98 wrote:Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait very long. Here is the interview for anyone who is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_QYk6zRI
i wonder how many of us have TMAU .
Is this girl on our site?? I'd love to chat with her about diet .ASAP.
-
caramiamine98
- Advanced
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:35 am
- Location: Canada
Deebo, I've sent you a private message also.
I am happy to try and help with dietary advice but I'm really not having much success with controlling my odour through diet to be honest.Other people have however.
I find double dosing on vitamin B2/riboflavin (I take 400mg a day) is helpful in the case of tmau cos it helps break down the choline in the food i eat. The less choline and lecithin in the system the less of the smelly TMA produced. Your supplements should not have lecithin in them. Soya flour or margarine is a definite no as is all protein-rich food really.
Apart from that i eat courgettes, aubergines, carrots, celery, cucumber, potatoes, organic flour and water dumplings, most fresh fruit, sometimes white rice, very occasionally red lentils (bad but need some protein!), occasionally lactofree cheese or mozzarella. This is a diet based on low choline foods so may be suitable if you have been tested positive for tmau.
It's not a healthy diet (whereas the anti-candida diet is - with all its wholegrains and quinoa) but experiment with it if you have tmau. See this list of low choline foods:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Pl ... holnO2.pdf
Thanks guys for all the support and please try to sign the MEBO Research petition I mentioned at the end of the TV interview:
http://www.meboresearch.org/petition.html
I am happy to try and help with dietary advice but I'm really not having much success with controlling my odour through diet to be honest.Other people have however.
I find double dosing on vitamin B2/riboflavin (I take 400mg a day) is helpful in the case of tmau cos it helps break down the choline in the food i eat. The less choline and lecithin in the system the less of the smelly TMA produced. Your supplements should not have lecithin in them. Soya flour or margarine is a definite no as is all protein-rich food really.
Apart from that i eat courgettes, aubergines, carrots, celery, cucumber, potatoes, organic flour and water dumplings, most fresh fruit, sometimes white rice, very occasionally red lentils (bad but need some protein!), occasionally lactofree cheese or mozzarella. This is a diet based on low choline foods so may be suitable if you have been tested positive for tmau.
It's not a healthy diet (whereas the anti-candida diet is - with all its wholegrains and quinoa) but experiment with it if you have tmau. See this list of low choline foods:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Pl ... holnO2.pdf
Thanks guys for all the support and please try to sign the MEBO Research petition I mentioned at the end of the TV interview:
http://www.meboresearch.org/petition.html
halitosisux
sorry that was meant for the work frm home post.
I signed the position but i dont think i hav tmau my urine, sweat, vagina, armpits dont stink just bb is possibleto just hav bb with tmau bc the wiki search on it says everything stinks not just bb? like jimi says i think mine comes frm my nose.
sorry that was meant for the work frm home post.
I signed the position but i dont think i hav tmau my urine, sweat, vagina, armpits dont stink just bb is possibleto just hav bb with tmau bc the wiki search on it says everything stinks not just bb? like jimi says i think mine comes frm my nose.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.