THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Tonsillectomy... ?
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
Tonsillectomy... ?
I'm considering a tonsillectomy. Perhaps it is the reason for my bad breath? The problem is that it costs 2500 dollar, is it worth it? Grateful for the answers.
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
You also had your adenoids removed, right? My adenoids also produce stones. I discovered this when I used a dental syringe to spray water behind the soft palate. A large stone fell into the sink. Since then I've been spraying back there as well as the tonsils, but it never completely gets rid of the bad taste or smell.meowkity1 wrote:tonsillectomy cured me 80-90%. Took away fecal and rotten egg smell
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
-
Free2breath911
- Junior
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm
when my BB first began I looked in my throat and saw white stones....I had a tonsilectomy the next month.....bb got worst to be honestly. Once u clean the stones out....there OUT! If u dont have any kind of sore throat pain why remove the tonsils. Its up to you though....I was determined to removed my tonsils and my bb is still here. But I have not seen a tonsil stone since!!! I alomost forgot what they look like.
And also my ent removed them because they would swell up all year long! not because of the stones.
And also my ent removed them because they would swell up all year long! not because of the stones.
Hi there,
I would strongly advise against surgery unless ALL possible other options have been tried first (and failed).
I do suffer from tonsil stones, and they were one of the causes of my chronic halitosis, but stones in my tonsils are no longer a problem because I clean my tonsils regularly a few times a week before stones can build up.
How sure are you that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath? Do you regularly clean them? If you have tried everything already, resurfacing of the tonsils has a very high success rate and keeps your tonsils where they should be. Have you looked into that?
Unless absolutely necessary, I personally would not go for a tonsillectomy before having trully determined that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath.
Dolors
I would strongly advise against surgery unless ALL possible other options have been tried first (and failed).
I do suffer from tonsil stones, and they were one of the causes of my chronic halitosis, but stones in my tonsils are no longer a problem because I clean my tonsils regularly a few times a week before stones can build up.
How sure are you that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath? Do you regularly clean them? If you have tried everything already, resurfacing of the tonsils has a very high success rate and keeps your tonsils where they should be. Have you looked into that?
Unless absolutely necessary, I personally would not go for a tonsillectomy before having trully determined that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath.
Dolors
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.