Thank you very much. What cute you are. What's your book?Dolors wrote:I wish you all the best then. I hope the operation goes smoothly, that you recover quickly and that the end result is what you were looking for: fresher breath :-)
I have written a book, but it appears I was not supposed to put a link to my site in these forums.
Take care,
Dolors
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Tonsillectomy... ?
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I've had a private message from Dolors asking me to remove my last comment above and questioning why I removed the link to to his book about bad breath selling for $30 which was advertised by placing a link to the book in their first post.
Can I have some guidance please on what is the appropriate thing to do in such situations?
Personally, I can't imagine trying to profit in any shape or form out of anyone on this forum. Jimi made a thread a few months ago, mentioning making a bad breath bible type book to try to help with the site's finances, which is a great idea, to which I offered to assist in creating, but nothing else happened.
Aydinmur has also created a similar type of bad breath fact-sheet, which I did assist in creating, but I dont know what's happened to that now.
I just think that if anyone genuinely wanted to help, they would do it for free. But if they wanted to make money then they should be direct about it and go through the proper channels, such as paying for an advertising spot.
Can I have some guidance please on what is the appropriate thing to do in such situations?
Personally, I can't imagine trying to profit in any shape or form out of anyone on this forum. Jimi made a thread a few months ago, mentioning making a bad breath bible type book to try to help with the site's finances, which is a great idea, to which I offered to assist in creating, but nothing else happened.
Aydinmur has also created a similar type of bad breath fact-sheet, which I did assist in creating, but I dont know what's happened to that now.
I just think that if anyone genuinely wanted to help, they would do it for free. But if they wanted to make money then they should be direct about it and go through the proper channels, such as paying for an advertising spot.
Hello there,
I feel I have to say something here so that I don´t look like the nasty gremlin who tries to take advantage of anyone here. Because I can assure you it is far from the case. I am here to help and I mean it.
I suffered from bad breath for just over 12 years. And I have been a follower of these forums for a while, although I did not become a member until January this year.
Last year I found the way to cure my halitosis, permanently. At the same time last year I separated from my long term partner and sudently found myself single with no job and a 1 year old to feed. After unsuccessfully looking for a job I had the idea I could set up a site about how I cured my halitosis, see if I could help others. I eventually ended up spending 9 months writing an ebook (I only inteded to write a small report initially which was going to be free).
I honestly feel I have written something that can help other fellow halitosis sufferers. Believe me, I have bought ALL other ebooks out there, and I know how much of a rip-off most of them are (promising to give you the secret formula to those cheap household ingredients bla bla bla).
After almost a year working full time not for a penny, I decided to put the book for sale and start promoting it. I sincerely believe that, as long as you are offering something of value which genuinely helps people, there is absolutely nothing wrong with making a living by selling a book. In fact, I know Jimi wanted to use a book to finance the site. I am more than happy if Jimi and Halitsisux (sorry don´t know your name!) read my book and give their opinion. In fact, you are more than welcome to get 70% commission from the book sales produced through this site and use them to finance it or to go to a good cause.
I am an honest person and I think my book is going to be helpful to other people. By the way, the book is currently at $19, not $30. I do not see my job as profiting from anybody just because I am charging from my book. I put in many hours, many months of research and effort into it. If I can make a living helping other people out, I will be the happiest person in the world :-)
Dolors
I feel I have to say something here so that I don´t look like the nasty gremlin who tries to take advantage of anyone here. Because I can assure you it is far from the case. I am here to help and I mean it.
I suffered from bad breath for just over 12 years. And I have been a follower of these forums for a while, although I did not become a member until January this year.
Last year I found the way to cure my halitosis, permanently. At the same time last year I separated from my long term partner and sudently found myself single with no job and a 1 year old to feed. After unsuccessfully looking for a job I had the idea I could set up a site about how I cured my halitosis, see if I could help others. I eventually ended up spending 9 months writing an ebook (I only inteded to write a small report initially which was going to be free).
I honestly feel I have written something that can help other fellow halitosis sufferers. Believe me, I have bought ALL other ebooks out there, and I know how much of a rip-off most of them are (promising to give you the secret formula to those cheap household ingredients bla bla bla).
After almost a year working full time not for a penny, I decided to put the book for sale and start promoting it. I sincerely believe that, as long as you are offering something of value which genuinely helps people, there is absolutely nothing wrong with making a living by selling a book. In fact, I know Jimi wanted to use a book to finance the site. I am more than happy if Jimi and Halitsisux (sorry don´t know your name!) read my book and give their opinion. In fact, you are more than welcome to get 70% commission from the book sales produced through this site and use them to finance it or to go to a good cause.
I am an honest person and I think my book is going to be helpful to other people. By the way, the book is currently at $19, not $30. I do not see my job as profiting from anybody just because I am charging from my book. I put in many hours, many months of research and effort into it. If I can make a living helping other people out, I will be the happiest person in the world :-)
Dolors
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Hi there,
I am not sure where all this anger or resentment comes from but I did not mean any harm. I only replied to a post expressing my opinion about tonsillectomy and put a link to my book at the bottom.
If that is not acceptable in this forum then I won´t do it again; I do not want any arguments or bad feelings with anybody. End of story.
I did NOT take information from these forums to write my book; not sure why you say this?? And by saying I spent months researching to write the book I did not mention it to compare myself or my book to you or these forums. Only to express my point of view, which is different than yours. For goodness sake, why this negativity??
You have got something good going on here, helping other people out. Everybody knows how many posts you have written and how many people you have helped. It is obvious that writting in a forum is something you do for free. Of course you will not charge people for it!
You cannot compare it to a book. You can either give a book away for free or you can sell it. I have chosen to sell it because I think the hours I have put and the quality of the book are worth it. If you want to write a book and give it away for free in these forums there is nothing to stop you. However, I do not think it is right you critisise me the way you are doing. For no reason other than that you don´t agree with me.
Dolors
I am not sure where all this anger or resentment comes from but I did not mean any harm. I only replied to a post expressing my opinion about tonsillectomy and put a link to my book at the bottom.
If that is not acceptable in this forum then I won´t do it again; I do not want any arguments or bad feelings with anybody. End of story.
I did NOT take information from these forums to write my book; not sure why you say this?? And by saying I spent months researching to write the book I did not mention it to compare myself or my book to you or these forums. Only to express my point of view, which is different than yours. For goodness sake, why this negativity??
You have got something good going on here, helping other people out. Everybody knows how many posts you have written and how many people you have helped. It is obvious that writting in a forum is something you do for free. Of course you will not charge people for it!
You cannot compare it to a book. You can either give a book away for free or you can sell it. I have chosen to sell it because I think the hours I have put and the quality of the book are worth it. If you want to write a book and give it away for free in these forums there is nothing to stop you. However, I do not think it is right you critisise me the way you are doing. For no reason other than that you don´t agree with me.
Dolors
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
As I've already said, you need to see what the site owner thinks.
There's no anger or resentment. I've been asked to help to moderate this site and I've done so as kindly as I possibly can in trying to explain my actions.
It wouldn't take long for members to collaborate together and create a book based on everything that's been gathered in the archives of this site. Jimi could then advertise it on the front page of this forum and use the proceeds to help finance the site.
If your book is any good then I hope you'll be able to work something out with jimi that allows this to happen and everyone is happy about it.
There's no anger or resentment. I've been asked to help to moderate this site and I've done so as kindly as I possibly can in trying to explain my actions.
It wouldn't take long for members to collaborate together and create a book based on everything that's been gathered in the archives of this site. Jimi could then advertise it on the front page of this forum and use the proceeds to help finance the site.
If your book is any good then I hope you'll be able to work something out with jimi that allows this to happen and everyone is happy about it.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.