Your Email Address:

First Name:

question about Amoxicillin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john_bb
Advanced

question about Amoxicillin

Post by john_bb »

hi all,
today I got my wisdom teeth removed (2 erupted and impacted and the other 2 impacted and under the gum line).
I opted for a general anesthesia and so didnt eat anything 7 hours prior to the surgery. By the time I reached the clinic my breath is strong enough to blow away ppl at 6-9 feet distance.
Interestingly after the surgery my BB is not perceivable (atleast to me).I still have to try with others. The bad taste in the mouth is hardly felt. .
But there is a catch here.
2.5 hours prior to the surgery I took 2 pills of Amoxicillin (500mg). and there after one more pill after 6 hours. I didnt brush my teeth ...my mouth is still like a blood bath...
I read some where on the web that Amoxicillin kind of works slowly (2-3 days for full effect) and generally treats the odors related to the nasal discharges.
Prior to the surgery one of my wisdom tooth used to release thich saliva which smelled awful...
I understand that its too early to think about all these things as it is not even a day after my surgery...But I am just curious like any other BB sufferer to know what solved the problem
a) removal of Wisdom teeth
b) using Amoxicillin

Hint: previously I used Metronidazole as a mouth wash it improved my breath for 2-3 hours and not beyond that and Metronidazole is accepted to be more efficient than Amoxicillin....
Please give your thoughts

clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

It is Amoxicillin, I would say almost for sure. I have been on it for 3 weeks before and eating everything with zero bb.
Unfortunately bb will come back after finishing it even more intense, still I hope that your problem is solved permanently.
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

clara0 wrote:It is Amoxicillin, I would say almost for sure. I have been on it for 3 weeks before and eating everything with zero bb.
Unfortunately bb will come back after finishing it even more intense, still I hope that your problem is solved permanently.
Thanks Clara0...
From my latest reading I understood that Amoxicillin only stops the multiplication of bacteria and doesnt kill any...
source:
http://www.medicinenet.com/amoxicillin-oral/article.htm
Assuming that the source of my BB to be wisdom teeth and they were removed now and I am using Amoxicillin ..there is no scope for new bacterial growth.
If my wisdom teeth are not be be blamed I should still have BB as Amoxicillin doesnt kill the existing BB but doesnt allow any other increase in it.

Hey clara...can you give more info about your BB. That is your suspected source of BB, when did it start, how does it smell, how strong is it, do u hav wisdom teeth, tonsils, TMAU,GERD,GI problems,PND etc?
Thanks
John
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

John, amoxicillin never did a lot for my wisdom tooth related BB, unlike metronidazole which completely wiped it out, if only temporarily. Fingers crossed btw, good luck on these extractions. Bit early to conclude anything, just relax and wait and see. Stress will delay your recovery. Try to take your mind off it by doing further research into other areas so that you always have some good ideas to go on and you'll feel a lot calmer.

clara, I'm not sure what the connection is, but apparently parasitic infections in the gut can sometimes cause nasal congestion and odours to build in the sinuses. It might be because parasites deplete the body of important nurtients, including fluids, which in turn make the mucus thicker and cause it to stagnate in the sinuses. In those who are susceptible, such a situation could easily allow bacteria to get involved up there and produce odours, in just the same way that a healthy person's mucus can sometimes start to smell when it's been stagnating for a while in the nasal passages.

The only symptom of sinusitis could be PND and odour, but depending on how bad the situation, it could lead to further symptoms. Amoxicillin may be improving your BB because it's simply hindering any bacteria up there and preventing odours.

The tiny hairs that oscillate and sweep mucus along in your nose and sinuses can also become paralysed by toxins in your system. This could also be a connection with the toxins produced by parasites in your gut.
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

john_bb wrote:
clara0 wrote:It is Amoxicillin, I would say almost for sure. I have been on it for 3 weeks before and eating everything with zero bb.
Thanks Clara0...
From my latest reading I understood that Amoxicillin only stops the multiplication of bacteria and doesnt kill any...
source:
Assuming that the source of my BB to be wisdom teeth and they were removed now and I am using Amoxicillin ..there is no scope for new bacterial growth.
If my wisdom teeth are not be be blamed I should still have BB as Amoxicillin doesnt kill the existing BB but doesnt allow any other increase in it.

Hey clara...can you give more info about your BB. That is your suspected source of BB, when did it start, how does it smell, how strong is it, do u hav wisdom teeth, tonsils, TMAU,GERD,GI problems,PND etc?
Thanks
John
I do not have any wisdom teeth left and when my bb started I did not have them...My bb started after a round of strong antibiotics following a food poisoning near 5 years ago, I explained the details here in this post:
viewtopic.php?t=4048/viewtopic.php?t=4048

My symptoms are: Very itchy, burning throat & ears, coughing, PND, shortness of breath, sinusitis symptoms like low grade fever, red eyes, body ache and a general tiredness.I also have Deviated Septum nose and a polyp that I have had before having bb.

I do not have any tonsils, TMAU...my bb is almost always with the above symptoms.My worst bb is after eating dairy (I have allergy attack after it), meat is also make me very sick for days afterwards. I am only bb free when I eat 100% raw vegan for a while.

I do not know how Amoxicillin works with stopping the bb, I think maybe it controls the odor?... but I don't think it kills or cure sth because my bb always comes back stronger.
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

clara0 wrote:
john_bb wrote:
Thanks Clara0...
source:

Thanks
John
I do not have any wisdom teeth left and when my bb started I did not have them...My bb started after a round of strong antibiotics following a food poisoning near 5 years ago, I explained the details here in this post:
viewtopic.php?t=4048/viewtopic.php?t=4048

My symptoms are: Very itchy, burning throat & ears, coughing, PND, shortness of breath, sinusitis symptoms like low grade fever, red eyes, body ache and a general tiredness.I also have Deviated Septum nose and a polyp that I have had before having bb.

I do not have any tonsils, TMAU...my bb is almost always with the above symptoms.My worst bb is after eating dairy (I have allergy attack after it), meat is also make me very sick for days afterwards. I am only bb free when I eat 100% raw vegan for a while.

I do not know how Amoxicillin works with stopping the bb, I think maybe it controls the odor?... but I don't think it kills or cure sth because my bb always comes back stronger.
Hi Clara...Thank you very much for your info...I do not have any problems with my nasal cavity...I am a vegan (from childhood...my parents too are vegan)...I think my BB is from my wisdom teeth. I got them removed 2 days ago and just after the surgery..my BB literally came down the hill.
I read some where that Amoxicillin works effectively on the bacteria that feed on nasal discharges...
Its too premature for me to declare anything about my BB...But now I dont have any metallic taste on my tongue all the time...I cannot smell my own BB....anyways lets c
John
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Hi john. Not sure if u mentioned it anywhere so sorry for possibly being redundant but are u having any reactions from people??
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Hi john. Not sure if u mentioned it anywhere so sorry for possibly being redundant but are u having any reactions from people??
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

missjj wrote:Hi john. Not sure if u mentioned it anywhere so sorry for possibly being redundant but are u having any reactions from people??
I didnt meet anyone yet..I am at home resting after the surgery. I will meet ppl on tuesday....
I think that i may get mild reactions as my mouth is like a blood clot...even if my mouth doesn't smell very bad..it will for sure smell blood which is also not that pleasant.

BTW I dont have metallic taste in my mouth any more. I am having dairy and sweets in the past 2 days and still my mouth is responding very well...My breath is not turning bad when I am hungry which used to be the case before the removal of wisdom teeth..
John
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

I'm so happy for u. I really hope this is the end of bb for u. This gives hope to people with wisdom as the cause.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic