Your Email Address:

First Name:

So I was lactose intolerant...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stevo96

So I was lactose intolerant...

Post by stevo96 »

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted for a while so thought i'd give an update on my BB. I don't suffer from Chronic BB but I do suffer from a sort of intermittent BB that gets worse as the day goes on. I think a lot of people suffer from this who come to this site so I thought it best to share.
I've had the problem on and off for a long time but never really tackled it until I found this site and decided to go for a Oral chromo test to confirm by problem. I was prescribed the usual Dr Katz/speiser stuff which worked for a while but isn't really a cure as most people know. Anyway, when I gave up on that and tried all the things like baking soda. salt etc - all that worked but tasted terrible so I didnt continue.
Someone on here recommended a food intolerance test, now I have a very strong stomach so I thought there's no way im intolerant but i gave it a go. To cut a long story short I tested positive to Milk - I couldn't believe it, I love milk - I drink it all the time with cereal or tea but never associated it with the stomach cramps. I thought the test may of given a false positive so a few weeks later after cutting it out of my diet I decided to have a bowel of cereal, within 30 minutes I had stomach cramps and was on the toilet. I guess it wasn't a false positive after all. And my BB has gone, people may recall I said that my BB disappeared on holiday on a cruise, I think it went as I didn't have cereal or tea whilst on the ship - I tried to work out what I had done differently - now I know. Hope this helps someone.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

How does one test for food intolerance? I've been meaning to go to the hospital and have it done, but I have no idea what do expect... Do you go to an allergist?
lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

A while ago I also thought I was bb free for a weekend because I cut out dairy. Went out drinking to celebrate and woke up with the usuall bb mouth feeling. Not sure if it was all in my head or what but the only thing I know is when I do have dairy, the nasty feeling in my mouth worsens and I assume so does my bb. I do hope it is your cause though. Hopefully you continue with your results.
stevo96

Post by stevo96 »

Mike - the test was bought online via ebay UK. It cost about $70 and was really easy to use. Just type in intolerance test.

Lost - I also used to suffer from BB after drinking alcohol, in particular beer/lager - I've since switched to spirits with Coke Zero or Cranberry juice, no more beer BB (on the night or the day after)....
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Still doing well avoiding lactose?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Last month, I bought a new gas detector.
I can real time monitorize 5 different gases from breath.
One of 5 sensors is for H2 gas.

Recently I have caught a lactose intolerant patient. H2 concentration was >20 ppm. Such cases are not rare.
deebo

Post by deebo »

aydinmur wrote:Last month, I bought a new gas detector.
I can real time monitorize 5 different gases from breath.
One of 5 sensors is for H2 gas.

Recently I have caught a lactose intolerant patient. H2 concentration was >20 ppm. Such cases are not rare.
Good to see you again Dr . What are the other 4 detectors ? Also Can you give your thoughts on the Menssana machine tests ?
http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... study.html
thank you
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

deebo wrote:Good to see you again Dr . What are the other 4 detectors ? Also Can you give your thoughts on the Menssana machine tests ? http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... study.html
thank you
Other sensors are:
1- Ammonia (NH3)
2- sulfur dioxyde (SO2)
3- Hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
4- hydrogen (H2)
5- Volatile Organic compounds (VOC). including isoprene, acetone, alcohols (C1-5), alkanes and methyleted alkanes, aldehydes, 8-isoprostane, and more than 144 gases. Dr Phillips well knows these.
-M
stevo96

Post by stevo96 »

Mike - Yes, all good since avoiding Milk. My dermatitis has cleared up to. My result when I when tested on the Gas Oral Chromo machine registered 70PPM for Hydrogen sulfide - I'm due a check up and they said I can do the test for free next time so it will be interesting to see if it reads Zero! I havent had any reactions since quitting Milk and using the Tea tree toothpaste with a Sonic toothbrush on the tongue. Obviously this won't work if you have chronic BB....
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Would Lactose Intolerance show up on a Blood Allergy test?

I had a test recently, and it showed basically what I already know about my allergies.. I'm very allergic to plants, .. dust.. mold...

But I also have a class 3 allergy to Gluten, which isn't bad, but it seems could cause mild discomfort according to the graphic... Not eating gluten hasn't helped me from BB though.....

I had no allergy to milk, but very slight readings to cheese, shrimp, rice, and about 30 other things. These readings were above zero, but shouldn't cause any upset. The only thing on that list that I wasn't allergic to in the least was Salmon.

It's nice to see in some detail what I'm allergic to, but now I feel like I'm back at square one.

edit:

And congratulations. I'm so happy you've found your cure. That doesn't happen every day around here. You damned well better live life to it's fullest. Go out tonight and party with friends! Find love! Have a good time!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic