Your Email Address:

First Name:

Diet and DIM supplements

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Jimi wrote:what is DIM ?
DIM® is a standardized, bioavailable form of diindolylmethane, a phytonutrient found in vegetables such as broccoli. As a patented formula, DIM® promotes women's metabolism and cellular health.** Each capsule contains 100 mg. of the DIM® Blend Complex which provides 25 mg. of DIM® (Diindolylmethane).

quoted from: http://www.puritan.com/womens-vitamins- ... 285814-_-p

TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

I am so hopeful that this might work for me, but I want to see if it works for you first. I am trying flaxseed oil now. Going to start taking right before my period, when my breath is worse. I might know it is working then because I always get a migraine the first day of my period, so hopefully this will stop the migraine as well.

Also, there was a time in my life when the bb went away. I was exercising a lot then. Maybe the exercise helped to balance my hormones back then. See link..

http://www.natural-hormones.net/article ... alance.htm
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

@Tired, I think you should take DIM without the flaxseed. I read it can neutralize other supplements. Also, I am a bit concerned about flaxseed because it can stink up if not refrigerated.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

TIRED wrote:I am so hopeful that this might work for me, but I want to see if it works for you first. I am trying flaxseed oil now. Going to start taking right before my period, when my breath is worse. I might know it is working then because I always get a migraine the first day of my period, so hopefully this will stop the migraine as well.

Also, there was a time in my life when the bb went away. I was exercising a lot then. Maybe the exercise helped to balance my hormones back then. See link..
Looks similar to my current situation. MY BB is more prominent during my monthly cycle or just before it starts. I always get migrane 1 or 2 days before my monthly cycle. I am on prescription migrane medication and it helps in some way. I got to try this too. Right now my bb is not gone but has reduced by taking zantec and hydrogen per oxide rinse. I would say zantec took the 5-10% of my breath odor which I guess would be due to silent acid reflux, but the other 90% of bb I still need to figure out the cause.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@ seanlee1980

Could you list the ingredients of your DIM supp? Or link me the product from their official website.

I went to my local health food store and found 3 DIM-like products and all 3 have different ingredients, I'd like to get one as similar as the one you're taking. That should help other people too.
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

wow, sounds interesting, actually something new that i haven't tried. always new i had hormone problems as i had acne when i was in school...

by the way, sean mentioned Nature's Way so i assume this is the product

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/NW556/ItemDetail
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

@Archimonde, I got the same stuff that deebas posted above, Natures Way.

Today, I woke up with some morning breath but I feel better after brushing. Normally after I brush I still have the bad taste but now it really feels and taste fresh after brushing. Also last night I went all out junk food, probably a reason I had morning breath. I ate Chinese noodles, fried chicken, sweet and sour pork, and cheesecakes. I wouldn't even eat like this normally but I wanted to take extreme measures to test these DIM supplements.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

So you feel they're working for you? Is it more than just a fresher taste? Have you spoke up close and intimately with people?
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

I started my Dim supplements yesterday. No side effects for me but flatulence, just like when I eat broccoli and cauliflower. I'm taking DIM-Plus which I ordered from Iherb. Please read the over 200 positive reviews on their website.

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-DIM-p ... /4117?at=1

Good luck everyone!! If this supplement doesn't help balance my hormones, I plan to try MACA powder next. I plan to be BB free by my 50th birthday!!

Keep us posted Sean.
lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

On the topic of migraines, I believe my bb started right after I experienced one awful migraine. Never really had migraines but one day I had one for about 6 hours and my mouth never felt the same again. This was a little over a year ago and I still very slightly have a slight headache since this. It never went away but on a scale of pain its only a 1. And only one the left side of my head
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

Thank you HopefulOne for coming back! I really wanted to know how you were doing and how the breath thing was going. I'm going to order DIM today!

I just tried the Zantac, but I have anxiety issues and it makes my anxiety act up so bad that I can't take it. : ( Are there alternatives to Zantac that anyone knows of that won't affect my anxeity??

Ive tried just about everything now. And my bb seems to have gotten worse over the past 6 months. I don't know what's going on.....

THANK YOU everyone for contributing to this site. I don't know what I would do without it....
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I've started taking a DIM supplement today that i bought locally, mine is Estrosense, a Canadian brand.

I'm male. It says on the bottle: "for healthy breasts, abnormal periods and PMS". FU*K YEAH!
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

lost1234 wrote:On the topic of migraines, I believe my bb started right after I experienced one awful migraine. Never really had migraines but one day I had one for about 6 hours and my mouth never felt the same again. This was a little over a year ago and I still very slightly have a slight headache since this. It never went away but on a scale of pain its only a 1. And only one the left side of my head
There are different causes of migraine. Try to find out what is causing yours. I had to keep a daily dairy of my eating, sleep habits and finally it was concluded that I get migraine attacks if I miss my breakfast. I took a while to diagonise this. For most women migraines are because monthly period cycle (just before or after the cycle). In this case, its due to hormones and there is nothing much we can do about it. I am on prescription migraine medication and since I know mine is now related to hormones, taking it right at the start of it helps me to do my daily activities. If we delay in taking this medicine, it wont work that effectively.
Migraine will be at one side of forehead. Either left or right side. For most women migraines reduce during pregnancy, (if hormones are the cause of migraines). This is one thing I miss about being pregnant. Migraine free.
Check with your doctor, if you have severe migraine and she can prescribe you migraine medicine. It helps a lot.

Since you rate it 1 - I'm not sure if your doctor would prescribe migraine medication. And now that you have pointed out, my bb also started around that time. So looks like hormonal imbalance is causing bacteria imbalance.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

I was at work today, but I didn't feel completely fresh. Maybe, the supplements are wearing off or becoming more ineffective. Maybe it was the bad food I ate last night. Will let you know again tomorrow how I feel.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

seanlee1980 wrote:I was at work today, but I didn't feel completely fresh. Maybe, the supplements are wearing off or becoming more ineffective. Maybe it was the bad food I ate last night. Will let you know again tomorrow how I feel.
Any reactions?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic