Does someone here have experience with GERD, LPR etc. and post nasal drip / sinusitis?
I'd like to know how to treat this. I heard you have to take Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) for up to 3 months to improve the situation or even heal it. I take 20 mg twice in the morning.
Some doctors on the internet say that even a Esophagogastroduodenoscopy doesn't show significant sources for GERD or LPR that is related with PND.
Still I think the PND comes from the stomache, also because the stomache lies on the left side and all my trouble is only on this side, right side is perfect.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Reflux > Sinusitis > PND > Bad Breath
-
StayStrong
- Newbie
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:00 pm
Hi George,
the PND in the case of reflux is due to the stomach acid irritating mucousal membranes - the membrane responds to the acid by producing more than normal amounts of protective mucous, which is experienced as a PND.
as for the left side theory.....would i be right in suggesting that you sleep on your left side? if that is the case and you do have reflux then the acid will accumulate on the left side while you sleep affecting it more. do you get Eustachian drainage problems?
x
the PND in the case of reflux is due to the stomach acid irritating mucousal membranes - the membrane responds to the acid by producing more than normal amounts of protective mucous, which is experienced as a PND.
as for the left side theory.....would i be right in suggesting that you sleep on your left side? if that is the case and you do have reflux then the acid will accumulate on the left side while you sleep affecting it more. do you get Eustachian drainage problems?
x
Hi StayStrong,
I passed week 1 one with the PPI medication and didn't drink any coffee for a whole week, puh. I used to have acid reflux from time to time, but not at the moment. Still the PND is the same. I guess it's not reflux, but I will stay on medication for at least 4 weeks.
That is not the case, I sleep on my tummy. I'm not quite sure, how I hold my head, whether to the right or left, but I think it changes through the night. And I have the mucus problem all day, not really excessively in the morning.would i be right in suggesting that you sleep on your left side?
I passed week 1 one with the PPI medication and didn't drink any coffee for a whole week, puh. I used to have acid reflux from time to time, but not at the moment. Still the PND is the same. I guess it's not reflux, but I will stay on medication for at least 4 weeks.
I'm not sure what you mean. I have to adjust the pressure on my ears from time to time, more than other people and I produce a lot of ear wax.do you get Eustachian drainage problems?
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.