Your Email Address:

First Name:

Killing the bad breath monster

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......

Post by location »

NOTANYMORE wrote:Bad breath all your life? Doubtfull.

Kinda sounds like you may have become aware of a moment in time when your breath was not so fresh and then became obsessed. Perhaps your anxiety has become full blown and that is what is causing your halitosis. Nerves can do a number on your breath.

You have been proactive and that is good. You haven't mentioned LPR (reflux) which could very well be the cause of your PND. also, nerves can exacerbate the reflux producing constant PND.

My recommendation to you is to try antidepressants and OTC reflux meds. Antidepressants will relieve our anxiety and you will have even more saliva and your stomach will finally be able to relax which could end your PND. If the antidepressants work then you know it was anxiety, if not, at least you won't give a shit what others think and can live a somewhat normal life. Can't hurt to try.
I did mention reflux.

I did try antidepressants beause the situation is pretty depressing. These theories about imaginary halitosis are probably as maddening to BB sufferers as the problem itself. Let's focus on treatment and cure. I know what I have and how long I have had it.

Thanks

Post by location »

mtr wrote:The photos you requested about the spit test from dome older threads..

viewtopic.php?t=4479

viewtopic.php?t=4516
Hey thanks so much for posting these. Your pictures are very helpful, and look exactly like my problem!

Did you go to a doctor? Any updates?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It's not an acidophilus test. Nobody really knows for sure what coatings are, and they are not always associated with having bad breath, but generally they are. In some people they may be predominantly bacterial plaque, and in some they may be fungal, and in some they may simply be excessive buildup of dead cells. They may be a combination of all these things.

If you do some research, one of the best known remedies is acidophilus.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Virtuous Viking wrote:I see people recommending anti-depressants and I find this very ill-advised. Anxiolytics are not a panacea for every problem. They can have major side-effects on the body.
You're right, because shutting yourself off from society and constantly worrying about one thing untill it takes over your every thought is such a healthy course to stay on. Dude is over 30 with the same problem "his whole life", obviously there is no magic bullet.

Ya'll Go ahead and recycle all the same old bullshit about exotic tree oils and coffee enemas and all the other crap that doesn't do a godamn thing to cure anyone. Anxiety meds aren't great for your body but they are certainly better than depression and I speak from experience.

OP, There are no original solutions to your problem. All I go by is statistics. You are more like to have a phobia about your bad breath than to have it constantly. If you do have chronic halitosis then you are far more likely to have it originating in your mouth. If you have been cleared by a periodontist and ENT and don't have tonsils, then it may be as simple as poor quality saliva. Does it tend to be thick and stringy? If so, that's just how your body is and you can't change it, only not make it worse by drinking caffeine, and being stressed out all the time, etc. you said antibiotics didn't help so you probably don't have an infection. Also, I have seen a few people helped by chlosys mouthwash. Not sure how it helps but some people swear by it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

OP, there was a person from this forum called KeepTrying09 who had a case of esophegal candidiasis who was cured of their bad breath and candidiasis by a prescribed antifungal medication (Fluconazole). Following this success, lots of people from this forum also tried it. Not a single person got cured as far as I know. Fluconazole is often prescribed for the treatment of candidiasis. Now the same shit is happening now with Lufenuron.

The two people who believe they've cured their BB with lufenuron do not have definitive proof of this i.e. another reliable person telling them so, or evaluation by diagnostic equipment such as gas chromatographs or halimeters to measure the gases which are commonly associated with bad breath and to verify the changes - only their opinions based on different taste in the mouth and fewer reactions - neither of which are ever reliable indicators of breath odour levels.

And, unless a person has been repeatedly treated with Fluconazole then there is no chance that drug resistance has developed. So, if you have candidiasis anywhere in or around your body then Fluconazole will deal with it.

KeepTrying09 has unfortunately deleted most of his posts, or had them deleted.

I'm not being negative, I'm just being logical about the facts that I'm aware of. Of course, my facts and the way I've interpreted things may be completely wrong.

Post by location »

Thanks halitosisux, I was looking at halimeters just now to keep things objective. I am also looking to see an internist.

If anyone has any halimeter suggestions let me know.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Hello location,

I didn't go to the doctor because of candidas yet. But my BB and white coating is fully back. I must admit though that my diet is not an anti-candida diet at all. I wasn't helping my situation that much during lufenuron, but still even for few days my tongue was clean whatever I was consuming. That means for me that indeed candida is in my body cause I experience for many years many other symptoms such as cold hands and feet, limb numbness and aches, bloated bowels, sensitive stomach, and in the past (6-7 years ago) I had skin itching and athlete's foot.. etc..
But still have 2 wisdom teeth that I can not afford at the moment to remove.. So I guess everything collaborates together.

I will focus on candidas and I ll keep you updated!
redtonguewanabee
Total Newbie

Probiotics make it worse for me

Post by redtonguewanabee »

Hello. I am also a male in my early 30's. Very good health and good teeth. I have tried everything as well. Last ENT visit they ordered a food intolerance test and turns out I was lactose intolerant. I was excited at first only to find out that taking dairy out of my diet did nothing. Neither did taking lactase supplements. My breath does not come through my nose, but tongue is usually white.

Usually my breath is bearable and I can get through the day, but I can't tell a story at the dinner table or anything like that. Most people think that Im naturally quiet and Ive never been in a real relationship.

The big kicker for me is probiotics make my situation worse. WAY WORSE. My boss even said something to me, which as you know is as bad as it gets. The ones from GNC made my skin smell like pee. I never have a BO problem. The others from natural food stores (tried several) make my breath unbearable. When I first started them, I felt a tingle and my breath was better for a week or two, then all hell broke loose and I had to stop.

My question is I wonder if my problem is related to some weird bacteria or fungus that somehow reacts poorly with the Acidophilus/Bifidum?

Post by location »

Hey guys, I have no doubt we will overcome. We are close.

1. Do not guess. Make an appointment with an internist asap.
2. Buy a halimeter/breath tester NOW. You otherwise can't tell what is helping and how much. You don't know if your BB is coming out your nose.
3. Do you have allergies? Is your nose stuffy, do you have post nasal drip?
4. Do you have back acne, or any fungal infections?
5. Has anyone read "how to cure bad breath" or any good books about BB? If so what's the big takeaway?
6. Has anyone read books about candida? If so what do they recommend?

I am hoping we all have oral candida and I have no doubt we can kill it. I will make whateve diet adjustments the doctor says.
StayStrong

Post by StayStrong »

Have you been tested for TMAU? i think the most effective test for H.pylori is a stool sample that is then sent of by your doc for analysis.
x
StayStrong

Re: Probiotics make it worse for me

Post by StayStrong »

redtonguewanabee wrote:Hello. I am also a male in my early 30's. Very good health and good teeth. I have tried everything as well. Last ENT visit they ordered a food intolerance test and turns out I was lactose intolerant. I was excited at first only to find out that taking dairy out of my diet did nothing. Neither did taking lactase supplements. My breath does not come through my nose, but tongue is usually white.

Usually my breath is bearable and I can get through the day, but I can't tell a story at the dinner table or anything like that. Most people think that Im naturally quiet and Ive never been in a real relationship.

The big kicker for me is probiotics make my situation worse. WAY WORSE. My boss even said something to me, which as you know is as bad as it gets. The ones from GNC made my skin smell like pee. I never have a BO problem. The others from natural food stores (tried several) make my breath unbearable. When I first started them, I felt a tingle and my breath was better for a week or two, then all hell broke loose and I had to stop.

My question is I wonder if my problem is related to some weird bacteria or fungus that somehow reacts poorly with the Acidophilus/Bifidum?
The increased odor might be symptomatic of a candida dieoff given that you are introducing more bacteria into your digestve tract. im no doctor but it seems plausible - maybe stick with it for a longer period of time and see what happens.
x
Renew
Total Newbie

Probiotics make it worse for me too

Post by Renew »

Hi, my situation is very much similar to redtongue. Good health, good teeth, no body odor just BB. I’m male in my mid 30’s and have tried everything under the sun to end this 15 year nightmare.

My BB is bearable on most days but can’t really express myself without getting reactions. I was tested for H. pylori and it came back positive. Doctor put me on a round of antibiotics (2 varieties), ppi and bisbuth. 2nd test was inconclusive so Doc made me do another round of antibiotics (3 varieties), ppi and bismuth. Was never tested a 3rd time because Doc assured me it was treated. My BB did not change.

I too jumped on the Lufenuron bandwagon thinking what have I got to lose. I did 2 rounds of Lufenuron along with GSE, tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide and probiotics (50 billion active cultures). Also took the mouth lozenge probiotics. I hit this thing with everything and I still have BB…I did notice that while I was taking the lufenuron (first 3 days) my breath felt much fresher and I didn’t get any reactions. Something about lufenuron in ur mouth gives u more saliva and possibly helps with BB. I do not regularly have dry mouth but I do get anxious when Im around new people and that does cause dry mouth.

When taking probiotics my breath gets WAY worse after the first week and so makes it unbearable to continue but I have gone as long as a month. I have wondered too if it was dieoff but I get no other symptoms i.e. headaches, nausea, gas or discomfort.

I have also seen an ENT and did the environmental allergen test. Results showed that I was allergic to a variety of plants, pollen, dust and dust mites, dogs and cats but NOT to Candida. I’m convinced for me it’s not candida.

It’s kind of strange but my breath seems to react poorly to any supplements or meds I take for longer than a week. Other tests I have had include celiacs: negative, blood work: all normal, hormones (TSH): 0.35 normal.

Currently I’m using the Neti-pot twice a day with good results. No congestion and seems to be helping a little with BB. At this point I don’t know what I should do next or other test I should get done, Maybe TMAU?

I’d also like to comment about taking anti-depressants. I know how bad things can get and trust me I have been through some dark lonely periods but there are other ways to cope. I have recently discovered the miracles of vitamin B3 (niacin) and magnesium for depression and anxiety. It really does work!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@ Renew,

Was your copper level within normal range? Someone here had extremely high level of copper in his blood, I've sent him a message to get an update but no reply yet.

Also, a member here (Gymrat1) had her Thyroid checked and was within normal range and yet, her BB disappeared after taking Thyroid meds. I've heard of other similar stories on other sites when it comes to inaccuracy of hormone tests, so don't rule that out completely.

What age were you exactly when your BB started?
Renew
Total Newbie

Post by Renew »

Archimonde, my BB started around puberty but was manageable with gum. Wasn’t until my early 20’s that it started to become a real problem.

I don’t recall my cooper level on blood test. Could this be a concern? Other symptoms I have are dry skin all year round, cold hands and feet, and small pimples on upper arms and legs. These symptoms all seem to fit with a hormone imbalance. Does anyone know if I can request to see a Endocrinologist even if my TSH test came back normal?

My other question is if I do have candida, would I have a reaction show in my allergy test? Would make sense but I’m 100% sure.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Renew wrote:Archimonde, my BB started around puberty but was manageable with gum. Wasn’t until my early 20’s that it started to become a real problem.

I don’t recall my cooper level on blood test. Could this be a concern? Other symptoms I have are dry skin all year round, cold hands and feet, and small pimples on upper arms and legs. These symptoms all seem to fit with a hormone imbalance. Does anyone know if I can request to see a Endocrinologist even if my TSH test came back normal?

My other question is if I do have candida, would I have a reaction show in my allergy test? Would make sense but I’m 100% sure.
Cold hand and feet is a common symptom on this forum. I get small pimples on my thighs but not arms.

Can you tell me more about your dry skin? I have skin problems only in my chest area, like i can peel away old skin after taking a hot shower.

About copper, read this http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/candida/hands.html

I don't know the answer to your allergy question.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic