Your Email Address:

First Name:

Dangerous but works

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
Super Angel

Dangerous but works

Post by meowkity1 »

I hav not been on in awhile becaue frnakly I was tired of osessing over it, even though I still do. ANyways, awhile bak I mentioned that I was using salisylic acid to do a chemical peel on my tongue. I was having a lot of good results with this. I always contriuted my bb to nasal and/or tongue coating.

After getting tonsils removed I was nasal bb free and I felt cured but the coating was always there. I noticed the whiter or lnoger the tongue hairs the worse the breath and the farther it would travel.

I would apply the acid to my tongue let it sit for one minute and try to wash it off. After a day or two, the acid fries/dries the tongue papula nd you can easily scrape the long tongue hairs off.

EVen though the chemical facial peel acid was making me bad breath free for atleast a week my tongue hairs would grow back while I was asleep.

So the new dangerous part that I am now adding to my routine is a simple pair of cuticle scissors. I hold a small mirror and tongue scraper in one hand , I stick out my tongu, starting from the back to the front, and I snip the little whit etongue hairs. If you can go low enough they wont even grow back, especially t he ones on the side.

Thus, I am possibly cured, living a better and happier life and all I have to do is maintain my tongue hair length. Crazy? I dont need anyone to tell me.

mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Crazy??? Not even close, I would say scary... :?

How long exactly are your papilae? They seem to be very long since you manage to cut them.. After cutting them, they do not regrow?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

mtr- its not actually the papilla that i am cuttin ,becuase if I did, (which I do accidently) i would bleed,

I have a tongue coating. These are longue whit hairs that grow off of your papilla and are seperate fro your papilla, sine I have been doing the chemical peel I have found that the actual papilla are very short and pink, not whate at all
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

But using a tongue scraper is not doing the same thing?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

not at all, a tongue scraper basicly just scrapes the top layer of mucus off your tongue. I have to scrape every other minute so that i can see the tongue hairs. The hairs are suppose to shed on their own and they probably would if my diets werent made of soft food and were eating more veggies
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi meow, glad to hear you've got your BB under control.
I remember you saying that your tongue never smells bad.
I'm confused why you even need to do this tongue trimming. Is there anything else you do to your tongue to stop it smelling bad or does it simply never smell bad?

I've been trying lots of experiements on my tongue in the last few weeks, purely out of curiousity. So far my personal conclusion is that coatings are just the buildup of dead skin. If we reduce the abrasion levels (by not eating much rough food or not eating much at all) or being dehydrated then it builds. If we do things which mess with the microbial flora on the tongue, it also affects the level of coating, because the microorganisms on the tongue are continually decomposing the dead cells. I think there's also other mechanisms, such as our hormones, which regulate how quickly these cells build up and the ease by which they break off, which is why most of us have been so f***ed around whenever we do anything to try to reduce the coating.

I've even been experimenting with Nystan antifungal drops (Nystatin 100,000units/ml), just to see what happens to the (normal-ish) coating on my tongue, and it makes no difference whatsoever.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

honestly, i dont know if my tongue smelled bad. I knw I had a bad taste, which is worse if the coating is thick. I know I tasted rotten egg before getting stones and tonsils out. I know I had nasal bb. EVen though I had tonsil stones and I was about 90% better after getting them out, my mouth was still always very hot.

and now that I am cutting the hairs, not papilla, I am not trapping a lot of food in the back which is helping control the breeding ground. I used to think it was the papilla, but the papilla itself is very short. These hairs grow on top of and between the papilla
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I have also tried nistatin and clotrimazole circles but if its not yeast it probably wont work and it didnt work

I still brush my tongue everyday with water and salt or peroxide and salt
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yep, I don't think the coating has anything to do with yeast. Yeast is one thing, light furring is another. Oral thrush is a thick white raised patchy coating with areas which are also red and sore-looking.

What happens if you leave your tongue alone for a week or so? Does it still remain odour free? I've got a bottle of peroxide mouthwash and it specifically says prolonged use can cause a hairy tongue appearance.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I usually trim every three days and I was using the acid every other week but since Iv been trimming I havnt really needed the acid, although some of the papilla will have a small amount of white stuck on it and iit comes off once I fry it with the acid.
The hairs come back very quickly and I havnt determined why yet.
I also found that if I get all the white off with acid and clipping, I then use thera breath probiotics and Im completely bb free for atleast two full weeks. Those probiotics work really good for me but they are $25 a box. I dont even have morning breath when I take these and I would recomend them to anyone that needs to be around people at work.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Which specific probiotic product are you using?
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

What???? hair on the tongue??? I've never seen hair on my tongue.....maybe I'm not looking close enough. Does everyone have hair on their tongue?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

:-k
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

you must have a vision of a hawk to see those hairs
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

halitosisux wrote:Which specific probiotic product are you using?
They are so expensive. 16 tablets cost me more than thirty dollars to get to Sweden. Shipping costs of course a lot too
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic