What I want to know (and I should have asked her at the time) is this. When I was a kid, 11 or 12, I had two back top and bottom teeth removed because my jaw was overcrowded. I now have empty sockets in my top jaw and filled in gum in my bottom jaw. So what I'm wondering is, how can the back teeth I have now be wisdom teeth 'cos wouldn't they have been where the empty sockets are, as they were the very back teeth I had.
The other thing is, when I suck on the two top teeth there's a bit of a bad taste in that area, but when I rub or floss around these teeth they don't smell bad at all. I'd say that these teeth are probably about 50 percent through the gum and the gum is tight around these teeth, no flaps or pockets. Could it be that my tongue is pushing the saliva around these teeth when I swallow, so I'm mistaking the taste from my tongue for a taste from my teeth?
I've got an ENT appointment tomorrow. I'm going to ask about teeth invading sinuses, smelly mucous and adenoids, but, to be honest, I know that he won't find anything. After this I'm going to give the antibiotics a go, and if that doesn't work maybe I should consider getting these top teeth removed, but they seem healthy, I'm so confused...
