Your Email Address:

First Name:

Possible cure for Type 1

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stevo96

Possible cure for Type 1

Post by stevo96 »

Hi Guys

I havent posted in a while due to loosing my password...anyway my last post came to the conclusion that I was lactose intolerant so I cut dairy from my diet which gave positive results. This was only temporary in the end - not sure why...

So, a couple of weeks ago I was reading up about inner health probiotics. I started a course of these and two weeks later by BB has gone. I did do a few other things which may have contributed to the cure, I accidentally recieved a mouthfull of petrol due to doing a restoration on a car, dont ask how it just happened as I was trying to drain the fuel tank! I quickly rushed inside and swilled my mouth with Colgate peroxl for 5 minutes. The day after I noticed that my tongue didn't smell - the smell had been there for a couple of years (right at the back on my tongue when I rub with my finger)... I'm not exactly sure what cured me, the probiotics, the fuel! or the peroxl. I've tried peroxl in the past and also probiotics and nothing worked - maybe it was the addition of the fuel!! scary stuff.
It's been 2 weeks and still no smell and no reactions, I work in an office so it's easy to test for reactions...
This obviosuly won't cure any of the other types of BB but may work for those with a smelly tongue... I only used the peroxl for that day. I don't brush my tongue anymore. I've continued to take the probiotics... Will keep you posted.

DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

Great. Im going to walk down to my local BP and suck the unleaded hose like a straw. Lol xD great to hear youve been cured. inner health plus help me A LOT too. All the best
stevo96

Post by stevo96 »

It has to be unleaded though! Lol. I'm thinking the probiotics above anything else...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I gargled with aftershave once, in total frustration, and it made me feel ill for days, even though I didn't swallow any.

Strangely, it made me feel as though it affected my whole body chemistry and, even today, if I smell this particular aftershave, I feel like I need to run from the stuff.

I felt like my body had gone into some kind of shut-down. My mouth felt like it went sterile.

My BB was gone during this time, but it came back because I had an underlying issue in my mouth that would always ensure that, but I wonder if something like this can shock the body in some way and does something to the immune system etc. Maybe this is what causes placebo effects.
stevo96

Post by stevo96 »

Daniel - you say inner health helps? So you are not cured? It just goes to show that the smell on the tongue is linked to the stomach / bowel etc... deffo worth a shot for people with this type of BB.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

stevo, could the reason why the probiotics help with your tongue coating and your breath be because they come into contact with your mouth when you take them?

Are they chewable? if not have you ever tried to break one open or crush etc?
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

yeah, why would gargling petrol help if the smell is coming from my stomach? inner health plus is in a dissolvable case, the bacteria doesnt touch the tongue
stevo96

Post by stevo96 »

As Daniel said, the probiotics are capsules so none of this hit the mouth directly. I called the petrol issue out as it was just one other factor at that time that may or may not of contributed to the cure... maybe as you said it could of kick started the immune system to combat the increased bacteria on the tongue... I've taken probiotics before and didnt experience any difference so its a bit puzzling... ive just checked my tongue again and still no smell... I'm just hoping it lasts. As previously stated though, when the petrol hit my mouth I used Colgate peroxl for 10 minutes to get rid of the taste - maybe that combined with the probiotics did the trick... A lot of sites do link probiotics with tongue aroma so there may be some truth to it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic