Your Email Address:

First Name:

Nasal rinse/ENT visit

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sickandtired, so did you make the Clarithromycin rinse yourself?
If you didn't answer me the first time because I'm being snubbed for some reason, then don't worry.

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Sickandtired wrote:@FedUp how many drops did u put in your solution?
@Born to suffer so you do get a lot of green mucus? Have you tried long curse of antibiotics prescibed by your ent of course (that's what usually ent gives you if you have chronic sinus infection) and have u try the flip-turn sinus flush? Also, you really should do regular irrigation 4x a day, and be persistent your nasal cavitiy needs time first to clean up then to recover and heal.
four big globs I put in there. it burned at first, I did it a few times.

now perfumes smell horrible and musty to me. potatoes and cheese smell awful and rotten to me now.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@Sickandtired, the color varies, sometimes small globs of green, sometimes it's yellow, today it was brown with a hint of red...dunno what the foq is going on in there.
I do the rinse 3x a day, for over a month now and never took a day off.
I took metro which turned my breath into nothing, but the smell came back unfortunately.
Yeah I read The Sinus Flush - friggy's Journal
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

@halitosisux yes, i answered to your post reply as you mentioned that, why would you be snubbed :o? I didn't literally rinse it with it, actually i put crushed antibiotic with salt resolution in mini spray for nose, after normal nasal rinse i would shake it good (resolution in bottle) and sprayed it in my nose while lying down with my head back and i would stay still in that position for a while so it wouldn't flew out from my nose.
@Fed up, if it burned than you put it too much i would say, i put 2 drops if i remeber correctly and it didn't burn, but the feeling was a bit strange I must say :).
@Born to suffer so what did your ent told you about your situation up there. Is your bb strong still, how strong is it anyway? Can you compare before and after you started with irrigation? Maybe you could try what i did with antibiotics, is it safe I don't know but I'm still very much alive \:D/
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Ok, sorry for misunderstanding.

By the way, this is just another idea I've mentioned in the past but didn't get any response to, and I don't know whether this a dangerous thing to try or not (so if anyone tries it, please go carefully) but chlorine dioxide is meant to be very effective at breaking down biofilm. It is also antifungal. If a concentration is used to rinse the sinuses, it could break down any biofilm festering in there, as well as any fungal growth.

I heard jimi say recently in another thead that his BB would always improve whenever he went swimming. I'd assume that jimi has tried chlorine dioxide as a mouthwash before and that it didn't help. So it must have been helping somewhere else like in his nose? (chlorine dioxide is used in swimming pool filtration systems)
lula

Post by lula »

Well, this is very confusing.
1. I did the nasal rinse last night and today and it burned like hell. My throat is sore also.
2. The bad taste is not there, but I've read where this will give a false sense of hope.
3. I'm with a guy at this very moment, who says he don't smell me at all. The funny thing is I smell his breath. I told him. He went and used listerine. It went away.
This is so confusing.
Anyway, I'm going to buy simply saline. I used this about a year ago and it did not burn.

Maybe the nasal rinse with the surgery will help. I don't have hope but I will see.

No offense to smokers, I just pulling straws for an honest answer.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

You are using too much salt. Just a small pinch will do.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic