Your Email Address:

First Name:

PND and Type-1 BB & possible connections to other BB typ

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I've used lactose intolerance as an example because it's fairly well known about and probably very well understood. But my point isn't specifically about lactose intolerance, it's about the fact it arises out of a deficiency of a particular enzyme, which so happens to have symptoms which make it easy to diagnose - but that there may well be other enzyme deficiencies which are not even known about, which don't result in any noticeable effects on the body, except (in some way) to odour production - an example of which is the enzyme deficiency responsible for primary TMAU.

Would we even know about TMAU if it wasn't for the curiousity of the fishy smell some people appeared to have? probably not.

I want to know where all this mucus comes from that nearly every one of us on here appears to have. I'm sick of hearing about diseases being responsible, infections, and mcdonalds and Burger king. If it's to do with digestion, then there has to be an underlying issue JUST like there is with TMAU. Before the cause of TMAU was identified, just imagine the confusing nonsense there must have been with what or not to eat. Yet now we know, diet has an EFFECT and WHY it does, but it's not the underlying cause.

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Not sure whether you've understood my point really.

I'm surprised you see what I've said as sticking my head in the sand. I always thought of myself as open minded. But I guess it depends on how each of us feels our BB started, and when it started etc, as to how we approach it all.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I don't know. I'm just looking into the one thing that links nearly all of us - PND - and it's potential to cause type-1 & 2 BB.

I have referred to lactose intolerance as an example of how something "wrong" with the body can affect the body by what we do to the body.

That everyone is simply barking up the wrong tree when discussing diets IF there's something similar to lactose intolerance which has yet to be identified - as would be the case if TMAU hadn't been identified.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stankie wrote:I get the idea you are pretty much done with any relation to the gut and BB.
My mind is open to all possibilities and it always has been. I know I give the impression I'm dismissive, but actually I'm not, I just try to keep a level head and have a basic insight into as much as I possibly can, and that means a lot of questioning and scrutiny. Sorry for the negative impressions that gives out.

I'm usually always proved wrong in life, but that has never stopped me trying.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Of those of you who have ever had tonsil stones and/or foul tonsil odours, and your BB appears to be Type-1 (including any other BB types you have) and you tend to have a foul smelling tongue and saliva, and you frequently find that some of your teeth smell when you floss even though your teeth and gums are perfectly fine, I would like to know out of all of you do, whether you also happen to suffer from PND?

I know most of you believe that the type of BB you have relates in some way to your digestive system - it probably does - but it's just as likely to do so indirectly with something like PND.

Of those of us with PND (and it appears as though that applies to most of us on here) I would like to build a clearer picture of whether or NOT the simple existence of exessive mucus production can exclusively lead to the poor ecology that can cause BB.

I would also like to know whether the PND we're aware of is the same. Mine is odourless and looks like lumpy egg-white. I am constantly aware of the need to snort it clear from the back of my nose. I RARELY see anyone else do this. The fact I'm aware of it, could either mean it's because it's excessive, or because it has an abnormal consistency, which allows it to stick and requires me to snort it free.

My belief is that the ability of this extra-thick mucus to stick on the areas like the back of the tongue, is feeding the bacteria there, more so than what normal runny mucus would do. I know we all swallow and it gets flushed away, but the mucus soon gets replaced. And it's this time that mucus spends on the back of the tongue that causes the excessive bacterial activity. Everything else then comes from that, the tonsil stones, the stinky saliva, and the skank that builds up between the teeth that smells just the same.

I would like to hear any opinions, but please describe your PND.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i used to think i have type 1 but am not so sure anymore. sometimes, i have odour between my teeth or on my tongue or saliva, but i don't always. even when i have no odours, i still have bb.. so it must not just be type 1, right?

as for my PND.. when i use a saline rinse and blow my nose after, it is usually clear and pretty runny. sometimes, i can feel a lump in my throat though.. or i swallow and it's still there. i don't know if it is PND or some sort of reflux situation that causes the lump.. or both..
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes, god knows.

I think I have all the answers I need to know really. I have always had PND. I've tried incubating (whatever the proper scientific word is) my PND and oral microorganisms and the smell it produces is absolutely 100% the smell of the BB I have always known, and the same smell I sometimes smell on other people with bad breath. My mucus is completely odourless until bacteria mix in with it, so I know the odour isn't being carried into my mouth by my mucus - the stench gets produced on my tongue and I've found a way that proves it.

It all makes sense. My PND has always been there, even in childhood. It is the cause of my BB susceptibility, even today. Under normal circumstances it produces a slight odour on my tongue if I allow it to. This probably wasn't much of an issue until my wisdom teeth tried to erupt and formed a trap, and my BB went through the roof. Before then, my BB must have just been from not brushing my teeth, and perhaps from having tonsil crypts full of stones and skank as a direct result of the mess inside my mouth.

Everything I ever tried bacterially in my mouth was futile because bacteria eventually adapt to whatever gets thrown at them.

Just have to try to find ways to thin my mucus or find out what makes it so thick and copious.

Thanks for the the reply.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

have you tried rinsing your sinuses with a neti pot or something similar? there is a thread on here (i forget if you have contributed to it or not) about using lactoferrin and xylitol to rinse your sinuses daily (along with the saline solution which is basically just non-iodized salt and baking soda). i find the xylitol does help to reduce my PND.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks ruch, yes I must try nasal irrigation to see if it helps with PND. I've never tried it before. It worries me that I might start an infection and then trigger nasal odour, which mercifully I've never had before.

I've never had issues from swimming though, but strangely I always feel a lot of pain when I go into any deep water and the deeper it gets the worse the pain. Does anyone else get that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic