Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hormones out of whack...........the cause

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
tony
Junior

Hormones out of whack...........the cause

Post by tony »

Hello

I am a 32 year old male who has a new theory that if my hormones are out of balance then this may be the problem for causing BB.
While I don't suffer from many of the symtoms listed I still believe an imbalance maybe causing problems.
I will be having a testosterone test tomorrow along with an Oestrogen test...apparantly men have oestrogen as well.
Hormones play a major part in the development of our bodies and with my BB starting around puberty I believe this is an avenue worth researching.
Maybe some vital enzyme or organ hasn't been developed properly??
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree but at least by getting tested I will be able to determine whether my hormone levels are normal.

If anyone can provide any information/feedback it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

aydinmur
God

Re: Hormones out of whack...........the cause

Post by aydinmur »

Dear Tony, I wonder, why do you think you have hormon inbalance? Do you feel any problem with your body?

Hormonal alterations may cause type 4 halitosis but only during menstruation cycle of women. Within mensturation, acetone level of breath slightly enhances for 2-3 days or more.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Tony: Try to get the saliva test done rather than the blood test. I have read blood tests are not always accurate. -_-

Aydinmur: What does acetone smell like?
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Tony :You might want to take a look at this article

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=2098

Aydinmur: Acetone would give like a fruity type of breath right? I have noticed from the past couple of months that my breath increases during ovulation ( it's not a fruity type of smell though ) & a couple days before my menstruation & during.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I know of two possible reasons why breath can tend to worsen for women relating to their menstrual cycles.

One is that in the process of menstruation, the shedding/sloughing of the uterine lining, an increased amount of natural sloughing also takes place within the mouth. Natural bacterial activity within the mouth and the surface of the tongue then increases because of this, leading to an increase in odour levels.

Also, any presense of gum disease/gingivitis or areas of weakness around the gum margins where a quantity of blood is being continually released into the mouth, the process of menstruation leads to the swelling of gums with ensuing increase of blood loss from the gums. This will lead to an increase in bacterial activity and BB.

I'm not saying that either of these would be the cause of anyone's BB, but they could be exacerbating factors.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Hormones have something to do with the glands right ?
My glands are swollen in neck and breast .
I have joint pain at my hips and wrist and my knee.
I weigh less then 50 klio and i'm 1.68 m.
Maybe it's hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Ah maybe! Everything is so strange -_- First my boobs started to grow after I took fluconazole..& what I was saying about my breath getting worst right before my menstrution & during also decreased after taking fluconazole. But I've noticed recentely that during the time where I should be ovulating my breath also increases..I know it's not just a coincidence lol because I've kept record & every 14 day or so after my period I notice a change in my breath. .maybe it does have to do with my hormones..but I guess I'll know next month.

Billy: I remember my doctor told me once that i had swollen lymph nodes on my neck &she performed a test to check my thyroid gland but supposedly everything was normal.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

Should I also mention I used to bleed very little..like 2 days & then I would spot for like 3 days or so..But again after I took fluconazole..I'm bleeding more..

hah! I wish someone had an explanation as to what is happening
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Lovely Chiki89
Some little problems you mentioned (except halitosis during menst. cycle) may be correlated with Fluconazole cure. It prevents ergosterol synthesis of fungal cells. But our erytrocytes have ergosterol and also collesterol in their cytoplasmic membranes. They are affected from Fluconazole therapy.

Can you please tell me why you used Fluconazole ? Do you indeedly need it ?
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

chiki89 wrote:Should I also mention I used to bleed very little..like 2 days & then I would spot for like 3 days or so..But again after I took fluconazole..I'm bleeding more..

hah! I wish someone had an explanation as to what is happening
I also bleed like 2 days and that's it. I bleed alot though but not longer then 2 sometimes 3 days and my periods are irregular.
Maybe i nee to go ask a test.
I almost got a bloodtest for thyroid and other things but i just didn't go anymore because it's to expensive.
I don't know what to tell the doctor, i mean he probably doesn't understand the connection between bb and hormones.
Anyway, maybe it's time again to make a doctors appointment and just be like f--ck it.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

I see.. so is this bad? I used it for candidiasis because I believed that was the cause of my bad breath since I also had a lot of it's symptoms
as well &yes I think I indeedly needed it because my bad breath was reduced significantly.
chiki89
Junior

Post by chiki89 »

billie wrote:
I almost got a bloodtest for thyroid and other things but i just didn't go anymore because it's to expensive.
I don't know what to tell the doctor, i mean he probably doesn't understand the connection between bb and hormones.
Anyway, maybe it's time again to make a doctors appointment and just be like f--ck it.
Yeah, go for it. At least then you'll know for sure if that could be a possible cause of your bb.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

reviving this old thread. i am pretty sure it is around ovulation time in my cycle right now and my breath has been foul the past 2 days. it has a weird taste.. kind of fruity, but not in a good way.. like foul fruity.

if you have normal breath, then slight bb during your period or during ovulation isn't a big deal.. but when you suffer from bb everyday, these are really bad times of the month. :(

i wonder if trying to regulate and balance your hormones might help some of us with bb. maybe hormones do play a bigger role than we think.

there is this interesting book i read about how to do it naturally:
http://drnatashaturner.com/the-hormone-diet/

anyone ever try anything like this?
malory
Master
Post by malory »

Men and women can suffer form hormonal imbalance or oestrogen dominance. Supplementing with Progest E together with Ray Peat's diet may help:

News that I have another big ovarian cyst (had first one at age 15 and i'm now 45) plus a big fibroid, further convinced me that hormones play a big part in my odour. People on this site are frequently discussing the influence of hormones on their odour, and some have investigated into the function of their thyroid glands; TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels, and the response of their adrenal glands to ACTH (Adrenocortocotrophic hormone)

I visited an endocrinologist who assessed hormone levels in the blood. Some of my results, though not highlighted by the endocrinologist, had asterisks by them. When I asked about my progesterone level, the endocrinologist said that it was asterisked because it was rather low, but that it was not significant as the blood test may have been done at the onset of/during menstruation when progesterone levels are lowest. However, this was not the case; my blood test was done a week after menstruation, so I began to experiment on my own.

I then began to take a progesterone only pill called Femulen (while doing the Paleo Diet using Zone Diet proportions). After 5 days of taking it, I had 4 days which were completely odour free, but the odour returned.

With the aid of another sufferer (who can control her odour completely through the insulin resistant zone diet), I was introduced to Dr. Ray Peat's theories about oestrogen dominance (in both males and females). Like the Paleo diet and the PH Miracle diet, Ray Peat does not adovcate eating any grains. I was very sceptical initially as his dietary recommendations include consuming large amounts of raw, unpasteurised milk/cheese and I have always avoided lactose (he also recommends organic orange juice plus raw carrots with coconut oil).
http://www.raypeat.com/

One week after doing this diet, and taking the progesterone only pill, my odour went. Of course, this may not last for long, but there is definitely a place for studying hormonal imbalances in odour sufferers.

Please pursue this 'hormonal imbalance' route if you have tried the low choline diet and found it ineffective, or noticed the strong impact of your odour in relation to hormonal upheavals (menstruation, post pregnancy, puberty, acute stress).
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic