THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Glycine

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Peace
Junior
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 am

Glycine

Post by Peace »

So I have been doing my routine using saline-xylitol-lactoferrin intranasal and oral spray with the occasional antibiotic thrown in and it has controlled my fecal breath considerably. I still often have that sweaty, cheesy, foot odor type of breath though. This smell is most likely due to isovaleric acid which is produced by bacteria, but can also come from a metabolic disorder like isovaleric acidemia. That's a pretty severe dz and I don't claim to have it, but it got me looking in how it can be treated and found that the amino acid glycine helps. I also found that there is quite a bit of pre-clinical and clinical evidence for glycine helping with liver inflammation and dysfunction. I started on 1 gr glycine between meals and found that it makes my mouth feels much fresher! Any one has tried this?
Cheers
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

What methods do you use to determine what your breath smells like?
Peace
Junior
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Peace »

Over the years I've learned to associate how my mouth feels with the types of remarks I get. It has ranged from fart, burn, cheese, sweat, dirty sock, I may be missing a few!
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I guess if you get a lot of direct comments then that makes a lot of sense.
Do you also ever smell anything yourself? Rebounds, strong saliva odour, tongue odours etc
Peace
Junior
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Peace »

Yes, there are times when I can smell it myself by exhaling slowly in cupped hands.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗