Your Email Address:

First Name:

fecal vs. metallic breath relief

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......

what kind(s) of breath odor do you have?

fecal
50%
garbage
13%
sewage
No votes
rotten eggs
38%
sulphur
No votes
metallic
No votes
fishy
No votes
sour
No votes
bitter (taste/smell, pls specify)
No votes

Total votes: 8

Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

waitingforrelief wrote:i found this info on TMAU - quite different from the vague idea of what I thought TMAU was.

http://www.monell.org/tmau_h.htm
What did you find different from what you knew before? TMAU also presents different symptoms as BB. After trying so many things, I want try to see if I have TMAU.

Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Maggs said she enver smelled or knew about any body odor, just fecal BB and she got TMAU.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Mico wrote:Maggs said she enver smelled or knew about any body odor, just fecal BB and she got TMAU.
But did others smell her body odor? I mean, she DID have body odor but just couldn't smell it herself?
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

noptical wrote:
Mico wrote:Maggs said she enver smelled or knew about any body odor, just fecal BB and she got TMAU.
But did others smell her body odor? I mean, she DID have body odor but just couldn't smell it herself?
What I know is that some people who have TMAU do not present any body odor, but just BB.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

noptical wrote:
She said she had no comments on BO, just fecal BB. She could smell her breath thou.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

noptical wrote:
I know whats irritating you, its the name - fishy body odor syndrome. I know about this syndrome for years now, but the last thing i thought was that i got it. Coz neither did anyone tell me that i smell fishy nor was my problem the BO.

TMAU is well known even from the antics, but In 1997 the gene for TMAU was found. PPL started to get tested and after 2001 many with other odors tested positive for TMAU. Only some 15% of the positive tested got a fishy odor!. The rest fecal or other smells, from full BO to armpit to vaginal, feet and breath odor. Or any combination of that.

So fishy body odor is the old name, other names are:
Other names that are used for this condition are:
-Fish Odour Syndrome
-Flavin Containing Monooxygenase
-2 FMO Adult Liver Form
-FMO2
-Stale Fish Syndrome
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic