Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Dr. Aydinmur, I remember mentioning to you once about the plausibility of some kind of wearable device which can sit inside the mouth to provide bacterial/odour control. You said you were developing just such a product. How is this progressing? Also, are there any materials/adhesives which could allow the creation of a type of tongue "patch"? ...snip...

halitosisux,
You always ask best questions.
My potential solutions for type 1 halitosis mostly take base ecologic shift of mouth. In this picture there is not any place for any adhesive materials on tongue that contain a lot of chemicals.

yes, you remember correct. I worked on microamper electric current driven silver electrodes to change ecology. I have generated artificial odor with dropping NaSH solution in my mouth. I obtain 8.5 ppm of H2S. With silver electrodes it sharply decreases to <0.5 ppm. Excellent ! Before test on volunters, I have requested permission from Turkish Ethic Comitee to apply this electrodes on cadavers. Unfrtunately it is rejected. I have frozen my project until find a way to work on cadaver or volunter.

-M

aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

ruch wrote:dr. aydinmur: this is the thread talking about aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) - what do you think? viewtopic.php?t=5492
ruch,
Sorry, I have no time to read long pages. I will try to answer if you can ask more specific questions.

jamesmcavoy,
please send us few good picture fom your tongue.
-M
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Dr. Aydinmur, you always have the best answers! We have all learned a great deal from you and we're so grateful that you are trying to help all sufferers of this terrible affliction.

Your electrode device seems to be quite effective then! Does it reduce all microbial activity or only certain types? Does it work on chemicals themselves, such as the hydrogen sulfide, or is the action purely against microorganisms?

Is this electrode system something we could make for ourselves?

If it can be effective for all type-1 cases, I don't imagine you'll have much difficulty recruiting volunteers!

What really interests me about this idea is that for the first time, there could exist a "non-systemic" system which works continuously in the mouth, rather than relying on how effective a mouthwash or toothpaste's effects can last, for example.

The idea I mentioned about an adhesive patch would not require it to do anything other than to "cover" the tongue - and not only change the ecology on the tongue surface, but also to seal off and contain any odourous chemicals that may otherwise have started building up there - a bit like a glove for the tongue.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote:
ruch wrote:dr. aydinmur: this is the thread talking about aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) - what do you think? viewtopic.php?t=5492
ruch,
Sorry, I have no time to read long pages. I will try to answer if you can ask more specific questions.

-M
this is related to the pH question from someone else. some of us have started chewing an aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) pill and then brushing it into our teeth, gums and tongue.. and it seems to help. i imagine this is also because of a change in the pH. do you think this will damage our teeth or mouths over time?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

ruch wrote:[some of us have started chewing an aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) pill and then brushing it into our teeth, gums and tongue.. and it seems to help. i imagine this is also because of a change in the pH. do you think this will damage our teeth or mouths over time?
This is harmfull application for teeth and particularly gingiva. Chemical burnings, acid errosions on teeth, caries development, taste disorders, bad ecology in mouth, discoloration, mucosa ruptures, microfractures, dehydrations.

Not bright idea !
-M
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Does it reduce all microbial activity or only certain types? Does it work on chemicals themselves, such as the hydrogen sulfide, or is the action purely against microorganisms?
It has 3 level of effect on Type 1 halitosis. First level, supressing H2S production, second, blockage and collapsing H2S, organic and nitrogen based gases pre-exist in oral cavity with increasing Eh upto +2.22 mV., So that anaerobism is broken, third, elevating threshold of taste receptors (side effect). Need more investigation on it.
The idea I mentioned about an adhesive patch would not require it to do anything other than to "cover" the tongue - and not only change the ecology on the tongue surface, but also to seal off and contain any odourous chemicals that may otherwise have started building up there - a bit like a glove for the tongue.
When it covers tongue surface it highly changes microbial ecology favore to halitogen bacteria. Also, I know such materilas they contain detergent and NaOH. All are increase pH, decrease Eh. Much more halitosis begins after it is removed

-M
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thank you for the replies.
What a miracle this could turn out to be. As long as something actually worked, I don't think anyone would mind the embarrassment of having to wear something which is clearly to help with bad breath - providing it gets rid of this mother of all embarrassments!
Please keep working on this!

I wonder, could the placement of two metal plates (attached to two different teeth for example) act in an electrolytic way as to produce the metal ions (whatever they're called) which could achieve the same thing?
Similar to a battery, but by refining it so that with the right metals, placed in the right positions, utilizing the acid that bacteria produce, you produce what's needed by effectively becoming a battery yourself and producing the electrolytic action from that?

We see so much about the antimicrobial properties of colloidal silver for example, but AGAIN, like the temporary effectiveness of mouthwashes, because it's not working continuously, the effect is usually relatively short-lived. What we need is something which can safely work continuously!

Even chewing gum helps because it's a continuous effect as long as you're actually chewing.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote:
ruch wrote:[some of us have started chewing an aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) pill and then brushing it into our teeth, gums and tongue.. and it seems to help. i imagine this is also because of a change in the pH. do you think this will damage our teeth or mouths over time?
This is harmfull application for teeth and particularly gingiva. Chemical burnings, acid errosions on teeth, caries development, taste disorders, bad ecology in mouth, discoloration, mucosa ruptures, microfractures, dehydrations.

Not bright idea !
-M
dr. murat, one of the forum users posted this as well, about cola drinks (like coca cola) being more acidic. what do you think?

viewtopic.php?p=50591#50591
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I don't know if this is a realistic perspective or not, but aspirin easily causes stomach ulcers - coca cola doesn't - has to be a reason for this when a person can sit there drinking it all day without a problem, yet a person who takes aspirin, which will only sit in the stomach for a short while, can easily develop an ulcer.
Last edited by halitosisux on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

ruch wrote:one of the forum users posted this as well, about cola drinks (like coca cola) being more acidic. what do you think?
Salicylic acid (aspirin) is worse than Carbonic acid (cola).
Salicylic acid burns, deattaches mucosa.

halitosisux, because of I have not yet published this. So forgive me for my hide its details.
-M
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

aydinmur wrote:halitosisux, because of I have not yet published this. So forgive me for my hide its details.
-M
I understand. Thank you again for trying so hard to help us. I hope you succeed in developing this and making it effective for everyone to use.
Please do share any information on your developments whenever that becomes possible.
Number5
Total Newbie

Post by Number5 »

How can I find out, which type of Halitosis I have?

I am sure that I'm type 1 or 2. (because mouthwash with chlorhexidine works good against my bb.) In the morning it is very strong, during the day, after eating it gets stronger. Chewing gum and drinking only a lot of water does not help much.

After cleaning my mouth/tongue I don't have bb for about an hour, but always after that time, even if I drink water regularly.

My dentist insists that he never smelled any bb on me and says that my teeth and gum are in a very good condition. That may be because I always clean my mouth, before going to the dentist.

My bb always comes back, like described above. After using chlorhexidine for 14 days it comes back after 2-3 days and even after using clyndamicin for a week it comes back after a few days.
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Hi dr! I wonder if pnd is a common cause of halitosis type 1?For me, it smells just from the back of my tongue.Please tell us the most common causes of halitosis type 1.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

halitosisux wrote:I don't know if this is a realistic perspective or not, but aspirin easily causes stomach ulcers - coca cola doesn't - has to be a reason for this when a person can sit there drinking it all day without a problem, yet a person who takes aspirin, which will only sit in the stomach for a short while, can easily develop an ulcer.
sounds like what dr. murat is saying. very sad to hear this because it is has been giving me some relief from the bb since trying it. maybe i will only use it in urgent situations, like if i have to go out and talk closely to people, etc.

i know NSAIDS (like ibuprofen) can cause stomach ulcers. was not aware that aspirin did too?
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote:
ruch wrote:one of the forum users posted this as well, about cola drinks (like coca cola) being more acidic. what do you think?
Salicylic acid (aspirin) is worse than Carbonic acid (cola).
Salicylic acid burns, deattaches mucosa.
-M
thank you for the info, dr. murat! the idea behind using aspirin was to change the pH balance in the mouth to make it more acidic, i think. what would be a safer form of acid to use for this? apple cider vinegar? or anything else?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic