Your Email Address:

First Name:

Looking into deep cleaning/wisdom removal

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mohan
Total Newbie

Post by mohan »

Hi halitsisux

I have been suffering bad breath long time aproximately 17 years, I am now 31 years after long time i discovered that one molar or call it its clinical name "mandibular second premolar" smells bad like rotten meat. If I use more sugar it smells very bad that i cannot describe . the smell area is both the tooth its self and the surrounding gum. When I rub finger around that area it smells terrible. that tooth is rather impacted though it is not wisdom teeth. You had the same problem though not the same tooth, when i read your posts in this forum you said that one tooth ( wisedom tooth) was smelling very bad and you could feel with your finger if you rub it and then smell, and when you removed that teeth you solve the bad breath problem,. My qustion is are you still ok? can one tooth make the whole mouth to smell bad?. I have bad breath that fills room some time or can shoot some one 2 meters away. Will romoving this help me get rid of this badbreath problem? Me and my dentist have agreed to remove this teeth but Iam waiting the time that dentist gave me. your answer is important tu me. thanks
halitosisux wrote:@StillHoping, impacted wisdom teeth are a known cause of bad breath, so it's not about whether we believe they can or not - it's the same with rotting teeth or gum disease etc - they are proven causes of bad breath, but yet they don't always result in bad breath.

So you are right, something may be going on which makes some people more susceptible than others to have had breath when things go wrong. I have always believed this.

Some people may have systems which work more effectively, such as some aspect of their immune system, or some odour neutralizing process such as enzymes or oxidation. Individual bacterial flora is also likely to be a big factor.

It's quite possible that for some people there's more than one cause for their BB. So unless all causes are dealt with then the BB will always be there.

Without trial and error, without taking such steps even when we know there is very little chance of something working, then nobody would ever get cured.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi mohan, I've answered your private message before realising you also asked in the forum. Please check your private messages.
Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

Wisdom tooth extraction was not a cure, however the smell is different now. I used to be able to smell it strongly through my nose and it smelled of shit. So far I can't really smell it myself but when I do it's more of a really bad morning breath, even after I've brushed.

I saw an ent yesterday, we will schedule tonsillectomy for sometime in November. Process of elimination I guess.

Just another quick thought I'm stilll not entirely sold in diet being the answer for some, but once again dairy has proven to be a problem for me. I can't eat dairy without getting severe pnd and congestion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic