Your Email Address:

First Name:

There's a pro-TMAU propaganda cabal on this forum

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Archimonde
Super Angel

There's a pro-TMAU propaganda cabal on this forum

Post by Archimonde »

Not trying to start drama btw, this really needs to be said.

Malory the TMAU cabal leader with her sidekick Deebo are trying to convince you that a person whose sole symptom is bad breath can have TMAU. I assure you no TMAU experts will agree to that. The primary symptom is b.o, if you've never had b.o, you don't have TMAU until proven otherwise. Don't believe the propaganda.

If you do have B.O, then I'm not sure what you're doing on this forum since this is a BB forum, not that I'm telling you where you can or can't post, but i don't understand why someone who has b.o would seek help on a BB forum, aren't TMAU forums for that? Jimi, this is a BB forum, right? Or is it a general bad odor forum? Feel free to debate this point though, i could be missing something.

Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

I agree
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I totally disagree.

Since when was there only one type of TMAU? Since when did one type of TMAU affect everyone the same? Since when has the main focus of TMAU research not mainly involved primary TMAU and those whose main issue was body odour?

You're only diagnosed with TMAU if you are above a certain threshold. So what about the people who are borderline or near the borderline due to hormonal imbalances or gut flora disturbances? Those people who will generally have fairly low levels of TMA in their bloodstream compared to those with primary TMAU. TMA at low concentrations smells like rotting garbage, burnt rubber, fecal, dirty socks, etc. It's only at high concentrations where it has a strong smell of rotting fish.

Low blood concentrations of TMA (or other similar foul smelling chemicals produced by gut bacteria that haven't been properly considered as potential causes of BB or BO) are likely to only be secreted in saliva or mucus, thus only affecting the breath. Try asking an expert what they know on this as a possible cause of chronic halitosis, and they likely haven't even considered it - we even asked Dr. Lachmann this very question during a live webchat on TMAU, and he said there's no research he knows of that has looked into this.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@halitosisux

I've never heard of anyone with only chronic BB (no B.O) testing positive for TMAU or suspected by a TMAU expert of having TMAU2. Ask TMAU experts, they'll say the same, where's the evidence?

All you talked about in your post is TMAU which has nothing to do with BB.

You've been fooled by the TMAU cabal, they are running amok on this site. Malory has hundreds of posts which are all about TMAU. Why would someone come on a BB site and ONLY talk about TMAU and nothing else, isn't that odd?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

And if you google 'TMAU2' or 'secondary TMAU', isn't it odd that the results link to forums, not medical sites? It's like TMAU2 was invented by someone who i suspect is the same person who created the TMAU cabal and hired Malory as one of his main operative. I know who that person is, he spreads misinformation about TMAU all over the internet, he doesn't come on this forum often so i don't remember what username he goes by nowadays but i know he has posted under the username 'Scientist42' or something.

Why aren't there no mentions of TMAU2 in medical database? It's a made up term by the TMAU cabal to advance their agenda and link all odor-related diseases to TMAU such as BB. It's time someone speak up against that group.

That's right, google TMAU2, the top results link to his forum\website, you know him. Scientist42 is the creator of the cabal, creator of made up terms, spreader of lies, linking BB to TMAU, etc.

Malory does his dirty job on this forum, Deebo could be just a sheep and a victim of the grand leader. I'm actually impressed that the cabal has infiltrated this forum by having not just one but the 2 mods here convinced that BB-only -----> TMAU. I'm impressed, the cabal is not to be taken lightly since they managed to convince you Halitosisux. I can only sugest you take your TMAU facts from credible sources, not from this charlatan.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You're not likely to get anyone with only chronic BB testing positive for TMAU or being suspected of having TMAU2 - that's my whole point.

My whole impression about TMAU is that there's been a certain line drawn between what is TMAU and what isn't, based on early research made in the 70s on people who exhibited strong fishy body odour, and who were likely to have had a genetic abnormality affecting the production and function of particular enzymes responsible for the buildup of TMA in the bloodstream.

Such forms of TMAU then became clear to define, clear to test for, clear to diagnose.

What is the diagnosis for secondary TMAU? I don't know, perhaps just a lower threshold of blood TMA?

But what about those people who are near this lower threshold, are they told they have nothing and to completely forget about TMAU? What if those low concentrations of TMA in their blood aren't enough to cause fishy odour or BO, but enough to cause BB?

We just don't know. But that doesn't mean we can just forget about TMA as a potential cause of chronic BB, especially when we know that it DOES get secreted in saliva and mucus above certain blood concentrations - it CAN build up in the bloodstream due to hormonal fluctuations that affect the function of the enzymes responsible for dealing with TMA - it CAN build up in the bloodstream if for whatever reason the bacteria in the gut produce too much TMA, for example through diet or gut flora and any digestive disturbances.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Unless ya got the cure, step back and let people figure their life ruining problems in their ways. No one knows if it's 1+1, 2+2, it could be 1*2, you don't know.

We do not have answers, we have nothing.

Actually why would we dismiss the possibility of a possible link even if it's 3%?

I do not have TMAU, but I am not ruling it out as relevant to my condition, and I think if you're trying to solve something, you would not toss any data.

As always on this forum, I agree people need to suss out their issues on their own, and stop jumping between conditions. Figure out what you have. Stop guessing. No one can do that but you, you have no one to blame, no doctors, no one, if you can't figure out that your breath stinks and the nuances of how and when your breath stinks. You aren't any where near a cure if you can't figure your own body out to some degree.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Well iv got my Doctors appointment tomorrow regarding tmau.
As far as im aware I just have bb, but how do you know if you have bo or not,? You would become immune to it yourself and im guessing the bb would overpower bo?
Anyways, hopefully Dr understands and can get me tested

Meanwhile im trying to follow the tmau diet...
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Went to see the Doctor. I told her my personal/oral hygiene is excellent, and yet i stink, mainly coming through my nose/mouth.
She knew about the condition, but had not had any patients before. She smelled me and said i smelled absolutely fine, (but i have been following a strict tmau diet)
Anyway Dr is organising a test for me, so will see how it goes. I will keep you all updated!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic