THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Tonsillectomy and still have BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
believe
Total Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 am

Tonsillectomy and still have BB?

Post by believe »

Hi everyone!

Im very curious -how many people have had a tonsillectomy and still have BB? Before you got your tonsils removed did you have tonsil stones?

Please let me know. Thank you!
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

If you look around in the forum you'll find the answer to your question in a recent survey.
mohan
Total Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by mohan »

Please don't waste your time and money on tonsillectomy the chance of success is very low you can see if search well on in this forum. Most of bad breath cause is some thing wrong with the teeth and gums. Put all your efforts on the mouth. Even if you don,t get cured by one dentist try other one so on and so forth.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

The lucky few tonsillectomy is the cure. Didn't work for me but It's nice not plucking out tonsil stones anymore.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
thecause
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:31 am

Post by thecause »

It helped me for about 2 weeks, since then,its even worse. By the way FedUp im right noe the same as you, bad smell from nose and mouth also think the cause is down the throat somewhere
believe
Total Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 am

Post by believe »

Thank you all so much for responding!

Im definitely hoping to take them out soon!! Im hoping it will cure my BB, but if it doesnt its still worth not having tonsil stones anymore!! I believe the bad breath is coming from tonsils, but I also believe as you say theres something in the throat causing it.

Has anyone tried oil pulling??
User avatar
coconuthead
Advanced
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
Gender:

Post by coconuthead »

I'm hoping the tonsillectomy is my cure. I won't probably be getting it though until May when I'm of school. School's in the way and I don't want to be out for 2 weeks, because I'll have a lot of catching up to do.
Luckyhope
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Post by Luckyhope »

I took my tonsils out and it didn't effect my breath. I would say my breath is somewhat better but its still there. I had to get my wisdom teeth removed too because I had a nasty smell coming from them but it didn't get rid of the bad breath. It just helped it a little. Now I can chew gum and it doesn't make my breath worse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗