Your Email Address:

First Name:

Cured or Maybe I Never Had it to Being With?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MyhopeSomeday25

Cured or Maybe I Never Had it to Being With?

Post by MyhopeSomeday25 »

Well it's been several months since I last posted. My first post was about years and years of agony due to severe halitosis.. My first post was about how did I get this way and how I can get rid of it... Well, after spending much of the year starting again going to ent's, going to digestive doctors and multiple dentists, something has changed.. I added something/someone else to go to. A psychologist and psychiatrist,, After months of working with both.... they have come to two theories... I had BB a long time ago but along the way I unknowingly found a cure but my mind will not let me believe it or I never had BB to begin with but I have a fear of it.. Strange because I tell them the look on peoples faces are true.. they hold their nose, they look like they got a disgust look on their face.. But after experimenting several times with people I don't know and know. They say I have zero BB.. So its about now accepting.. I have what they called halitophobia.. I asked 10 years?? could it have been all in my head... yep my psychiatrist said.. It stills blows my mind but I know it will take months, maybe years to accept it.. I convinced myself I have something I do not.... I think its worse than actually having BB.. BB you can someday find a cure but convincing my mind it's not true is difficult.. My psyc asked me has anyone ever said I had BB.. Not in so many words..I remember it started with this woman who was on the supermarket checkout line.. She looked at me and said you are really nice but you are going to need it.. It's possible that jump started this fear of mine.. Though I feel like I still and do have BB that seems to show at certain times or with certain food... I feel like the guy in the body snatchers trying to convince people its there.. Well, just a thought that maybe someone here can be the same way.. Never in a million years last year I would believe it's all in my head but apparently it is :(

somethinstinks
Advanced

Re: Cured or Maybe I Never Had it to Being With?

Post by somethinstinks »

MyhopeSomeday25 wrote:Well it's been several months since I last posted. My first post was about years and years of agony due to severe halitosis.. My first post was about how did I get this way and how I can get rid of it... Well, after spending much of the year starting again going to ent's, going to digestive doctors and multiple dentists, something has changed.. I added something/someone else to go to. A psychologist and psychiatrist,, After months of working with both.... they have come to two theories... I had BB a long time ago but along the way I unknowingly found a cure but my mind will not let me believe it or I never had BB to begin with but I have a fear of it.. Strange because I tell them the look on peoples faces are true.. they hold their nose, they look like they got a disgust look on their face.. But after experimenting several times with people I don't know and know. They say I have zero BB.. So its about now accepting.. I have what they called halitophobia.. I asked 10 years?? could it have been all in my head... yep my psychiatrist said.. It stills blows my mind but I know it will take months, maybe years to accept it.. I convinced myself I have something I do not.... I think its worse than actually having BB.. BB you can someday find a cure but convincing my mind it's not true is difficult.. My psyc asked me has anyone ever said I had BB.. Not in so many words..I remember it started with this woman who was on the supermarket checkout line.. She looked at me and said you are really nice but you are going to need it.. It's possible that jump started this fear of mine.. Though I feel like I still and do have BB that seems to show at certain times or with certain food... I feel like the guy in the body snatchers trying to convince people its there.. Well, just a thought that maybe someone here can be the same way.. Never in a million years last year I would believe it's all in my head but apparently it is :(
if this is true, congratulations, go live your life...Were u getting reactions often? what kind if any?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Apart from reactions (which I've never trusted because even if you wear a space suit you'll still see them!) did you have any actual BB symptoms, such as those that many of us on here mention? Things like tonsil stones, bad smelling tongue, bad smelling mucus/saliva, stomach/digestive problems etc.

Sorry if you've already mentioned in other posts. Please refresh in here if you can.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

I was told I had bad breath 12 years ago by a boy who was sitting next to me and few times by my mother.. Other than that no one ever told me that I have bb.. Only aafter being told by my mom I started to get very conscious about my breath and started to notice the reaction of people when I spoke.... It totally changed my behavior I just stopped speaking with people I only spoke when I had something to say even to this day I'm known as a weirdo. I'm just scared to socialize.... I care too much about my self esteem I dont want people to know that I have bb.
If my mom never had told about bb I would have lead a normal life ....I know few who's breath smells terrible some times ...they all live a normal life just because they are not aware of it
Once this bb thing gets in our head its very difficult to come out of it.. I will never be normal again..I will be this socially awkward weirdo all my life
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Sorry not to burst your bubble or anything but all my doctors/ dentists I've visited/ even my best friends say the same thing to me also. However go ask a little kid and its a totally different scenario. I will never get why these "Medical Professionals" are scared to be honest with me and I know my best friends just don't want to hurt my feelings. But in my case, I can actually smell my own BB.

The only people who have been honest with me about my BB are when I was younger and getting bullied for it [obviously younger people are not compassionate/ polite like adults]. And of course my family.

I'm not saying this is the same situation for you, maybe you really do have Halitophobia - in fact I hope so for your sake. But I don't know how you can dismiss your symptoms and the reactions you always get [do you still regularly get reactions?], unless you feel it is something you've been over-analyzing in your head?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
MyhopeSomeday25

Hello Friends

Hi somethinstinks,

Yes, I feel/know I get reactions.. Sometimes as little as someone touching their nose to someone outright holding their nose like a garbage truck went past.. Couple of times if i'm on line, I get that quick turn like what smells? One time I sat on a bus maybe 8 years ago and the guy in front after like a minute got up said "whoa"..look right at me and moved to a sit further up.. That made me feel awful too...

Hi halitosisux .. sometimes i get baby tonsil tones lol.. I called them baby because they are tiny cause my tonsils are really small.. My tongue I feel is white like.. not heavy white but not pretty pink... I have never smelled my own breath. I went to the digestive doc last year and had a endoscopy done and they found I had h plylori .. I took antibiotics for it.. I use to get bad violent stomach aches but after I rid myself Of h plylori.. no more pain ..that's one good thing .. but other than that... well sometimes my nose get running but not heavy...

Hi sopo ..yeah, i'm the same way.. no one out right told me I had bad breath but all the signs point to it for me.. I feel like some people including myself would not tell someone they had bad breath unless they asked me for an honest opinion.. we are much alike.. it's like even if I don't have bb.. the damage that it has done to my self esteem I feel is beyond repair.. I can't even still just breathe in someone's face after I was told I had no bb.. just talking in someones's face is scary to me.. it hurts my feelings when I think someone thinks that of me... . it is a sad life to live.. I'm trying to get out of it.. I hope you can too...

Hi, StillHoping .. I still feel like I do. I feel like the person that is saying the martians are here and no one sees it but me.. But I feel I have bb but I can't smell it.. which makes it tougher... My thought process is what I do everyday must keeps the bb away..something must be working.. But I can't believe ..at least not now like my psych said it must be mental and not real... This is what i do everyday yall.

I oil pull everyday with organic coconut oil.. I brush my tongue with tongue gel.. I brush my teeth with colgate and then again with thera breath. I water floss my baby tonsils lol and around my teeth and tongue.. I use thera breath mouth wash.. I douche lol my nose ..twice a day and ..once with a drop of apple cider vinegar .. I take vitamins like vitamin d3 and b12 ..I take acidophilious and digestive advantage lactose defense.. I start my morning with a glass of lemon or lime squeezed in water and a table spoon of apple cider vinegar. I also take apple cider vinegar with every meal.. before or after. I also eat a tablespoon of coconut oil cold pressed.. I started this regimen this year so something must be working.. I refuse to believe I never had it at all like my doc says.. I hear ya that sometimes they don't take BB seriously ... But I begged my psychiatrist and my psychologist to tell me the truth.. don't lie and they said why would I lie????.. she said if I did.. I would just tell you so you can get help. The way she says it to me is so believable.. oh boy..

Also I went to my psyh the other day and I came out crying because just hearing it's all in my head pains me.. I came to the secretary for another appointment.. she gave me the appointment and a tissue.. she saw I was crying.. I said, can I ask you a question, she said sure go ahead. I asked do you smell my breath.. she looked shocked like no..why?.. I said that is why i'm here. She said no but do you go to the dentist?..I said yeah. she said her son have horrible breath whenever her eats so maybe it's my tummy.. I said I checked.. She said I smell nothing and she joked.. wait till someone give you the stank look girl before feeling like that lol.. But she does not know, I thought she was giving me that look lol ...

As time go on I will keep yall posted.. it's good to share because we can be helping someone else.. thanks so much everyone... ;)
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Just ignore it and live your life.
MyhopeSomeday25

If Only

If only it was that simple atrial.. trust me I would.. but it's not.. it's 10 years in the making.. I wish I could.. that is the response I often get when I tell my story.. "just get over it... it's no big deal"... that's saying does not help when you have years of mental abuse... But all I can do is try and try I will.. that's all we all can do whether we have BB or or fictional BB...
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

ive had a psychiatrist tell me my breath doesnt smell... trying to convince me that he wasn't lying... but why do I get all these reactions still years later? :evil:
MyhopeSomeday25

Same with me somethinstinks ... I had an appointment where I had to sit really close to someone and all I can think of was my breath.. I feel in my heart it smells and the way the person was looking at me.. I was sure I was offense to them... I ran over to my brothers house and I literally talked and blew in his face and he said I'm fine and said he never smelled bad breath.. I am told I have a one delusion ..and that delusion is halitosis.. Ever heard of "olfactory reference syndrome"??? Look it up on wikipedia... I believe that is what I have and maybe you too... I feel in my heart I have BB but apparently it is not so.. Trying to test it on people I don't know and know is the most difficult part :-k
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

What makes you think you have bb?[/list]
MyhopeSomeday25

What makes you think you have bb?[/list]
People's reaction ... the way they look... I can't smell it myself.. never have.. but i'm starting to realize everything is not what it seems ... or maybe I have found a cure and my mind just won't believe it... Every time someone tells me my breath is okay.. I still feel weird.. I still don't feel secure..I can't help it.. I just started taking meds to help with this.. But that is the best I can say.. the way people look at me... :|
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic