Hello everyone,
After trying out treatment for tonsil stones and having my bad breath return, I went back to another doctor. The doctor right away said it was a case of GERD (stomach acid reflux) I was prescribed with Omeprazole, one pill a day. I discussed with him the possibility of having H-Pylori but he says it is better to wait and see if treatment for GERD actually works. Has anyone been diagnosed with this and or tried this medication?
It is too early to tell any changes after one day but I am hoping to finally have my bad breath cured. Will keep everyone updated.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Diagnosed with GERD
Re: Diagnosed with GERD
Hi, I was diagnosed with GERD ( mine doesn't burn at all, and it's only in the throat area ), hiatal hernia and gastritis a few years ago. Pylori negative. I took PPI's but they didn't work for me. ( omeprazole and pantoprazole )It depends on the person. Make sure you take them long enough to see if they're really working or not.untouchable05 wrote:Hello everyone,
After trying out treatment for tonsil stones and having my bad breath return, I went back to another doctor. The doctor right away said it was a case of GERD (stomach acid reflux) I was prescribed with Omeprazole, one pill a day. I discussed with him the possibility of having H-Pylori but he says it is better to wait and see if treatment for GERD actually works. Has anyone been diagnosed with this and or tried this medication?
It is too early to tell any changes after one day but I am hoping to finally have my bad breath cured. Will keep everyone updated.
What other symptoms do you have?
I also tried the alternative method, believing I didn't have enough acid in my stomach, so I took Betaine HCL but they made me sick and burpy, so I guess I don't need extra acid. I hope your doctors will have the patience to sort this out, keep asking them, they won't do their job if you don't push them. Good luck!
-
untouchable05
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:45 pm
Re: Diagnosed with GERD
"Hi, I was diagnosed with GERD ( mine doesn't burn at all, and it's only in the throat area ), hiatal hernia and gastritis a few years ago. Pylori negative. I took PPI's but they didn't work for me. ( omeprazole and pantoprazole )It depends on the person. Make sure you take them long enough to see if they're really working or not.
What other symptoms do you have?
I also tried the alternative method, believing I didn't have enough acid in my stomach, so I took Betaine HCL but they made me sick and burpy, so I guess I don't need extra acid. I hope your doctors will have the patience to sort this out, keep asking them, they won't do their job if you don't push them. Good luck![/quote]
Hello! Have you found anything that will somehow cure your bad breath temp? Or know the source of the problem? When I took Azythromocyn (for tonsil stones) I felt like the bacteria was neutralized a bit but not entirely. So far day 3 with the pills not a difference but it is still early to tell! I had a few GERD symptoms, like a burning feeling in my throat (not very often), I feel like a lump in my throat, really bad heartburn and of course the
bad breath. All symptoms seem to go right along with GERD but so far no changes! I really hope this is the cure, I have spent upwards of $600 in the past few months looking for a cure and the social anxiety that comes with it besides the price tag is unbearable!
What other symptoms do you have?
I also tried the alternative method, believing I didn't have enough acid in my stomach, so I took Betaine HCL but they made me sick and burpy, so I guess I don't need extra acid. I hope your doctors will have the patience to sort this out, keep asking them, they won't do their job if you don't push them. Good luck![/quote]
Hello! Have you found anything that will somehow cure your bad breath temp? Or know the source of the problem? When I took Azythromocyn (for tonsil stones) I felt like the bacteria was neutralized a bit but not entirely. So far day 3 with the pills not a difference but it is still early to tell! I had a few GERD symptoms, like a burning feeling in my throat (not very often), I feel like a lump in my throat, really bad heartburn and of course the
bad breath. All symptoms seem to go right along with GERD but so far no changes! I really hope this is the cure, I have spent upwards of $600 in the past few months looking for a cure and the social anxiety that comes with it besides the price tag is unbearable!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.