Hi,
I think I have identified 3 different origins for my bad breath:
1. Tonsil stones. I feel them in my throat and get a bad taste in my mouth. I just pop them out with my fingers and this type of bad breath is gone.
2. When I eat food rapidly (usually when I am stressed), food will get stuck in my throat and cause bad breath. Usually waiting until the food gets down and/or drinking a lot of water helps.
3. When I get immensely stressed, I will have a bad odor coming out of the blue and disappearing quickly. I will get comments like "It smells really bad" or "it smells like fart" from my surroundings. As soon as I calm down, the smell goes aways. I have no clue from where the smell comes. Maybe it is coming from my sinuses and stress makes me breathe harder which propels the smell out. I don't know, I'm just guessing. If anyone has a clue or experienced this, I would be really interested in hearing your story/opinion.
I am currently in a relationship and my girlfriend has already told me that she finds my breath to smell OK. For me it is more at some moments (stress, tonsil stones, eating stressed) that my breath will smell bad.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
3 types of bad breath (tonsils, eating stressed, stress)
Re: 3 types of bad breath (tonsils, eating stressed, stress)
I just saw a dr saying 20% of bb is bec of psychological problems and includes other symptoms as back and neck pain and colon issues and this can be treated with a psychologist bec it is related to one's past
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus Surgery - Check
Dentist Examination - Check
H Pylori - Positive & got treatment - Check
Post nasal drip - tried temporary medication to stop it but BB didn't go - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus Surgery - Check
Dentist Examination - Check
H Pylori - Positive & got treatment - Check
Post nasal drip - tried temporary medication to stop it but BB didn't go - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Re: 3 types of bad breath (tonsils, eating stressed, stress)
How? What doctor? Does he mean halitophobia? I think for those with real bad breath, there must be bacteria or something causing the smell?Bb5yrs wrote:I just saw a dr saying 20% of bb is bec of psychological problems and includes other symptoms as back and neck pain and colon issues and this can be treated with a psychologist bec it is related to one's past
Re: 3 types of bad breath (tonsils, eating stressed, stress)
He's an Arab dr he didn't mean halitophobia he said according to my understanding. I will look for the video in the morning inshallahwinter wrote:How? What doctor? Does he mean halitophobia? I think for those with real bad breath, there must be bacteria or something causing the smell?Bb5yrs wrote:I just saw a dr saying 20% of bb is bec of psychological problems and includes other symptoms as back and neck pain and colon issues and this can be treated with a psychologist bec it is related to one's past
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus Surgery - Check
Dentist Examination - Check
H Pylori - Positive & got treatment - Check
Post nasal drip - tried temporary medication to stop it but BB didn't go - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus Surgery - Check
Dentist Examination - Check
H Pylori - Positive & got treatment - Check
Post nasal drip - tried temporary medication to stop it but BB didn't go - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.