Your Email Address:

First Name:

I leave a gift to all of you, a very simple way to end halitosis

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
NasalBking
Total Newbie
Re: I leave a gift to all of you, a very simple way to end halitosis

Post by NasalBking »

Dear Raymond,
I would like to post this to help others and also to talk to you.

Since i was a kid i had runny nose and I used to wake up with thick coated white tongue, loss of sense of smell, Nasal BB, Mouth BB, strange taste always in mouth, always need to cough, sniff and spit out mucus all the time even though I brushed, flossed, used hydrogen peroxide, Apple cider vinegar, baking soda, activated charcoal, believe me i tried almost everything in every forum for years.

Your post really is a gift as I feel a big improvement in tongue coating and mouth/nasal odor since attempting your breathing method for the last weeks and after seeing others like ttylman and sue2018 post that it had a big effect I was not sure something so simple would actually help. Like ttylman said - it is a habit you don't notice and I believe it effects people with post nasal drip and runny nose (PND). Maybe we subconsciously learned to breath in this bad way because it feels like you are blowing out less breath so you might think there is less bad odor coming out but it actually makes it worse. The throat and mouth needs oxygen to be clean and clear and your mucus needs to drain down the throat properly.

Im in my mid 20's but after years of researching,trying things like PPI proton pump inhibitor for stomach acid, fluconazole for candida infection, H.Pylori test and other highly recommended things that did not work for me, my understanding of this issue is this: If you just inhale air straight into your nose it is almost like you are skipping past the mouth and little airflow is reaching your tongue or lingual tonsils. Phlegm/mucus gathers in the back of the throat and in your maxillary sinus and SHOULD run down your throat without notice but because we are breathing directly in and out of the nose, bacteria and particles from the air stick and mix there. This then builds up a bad environment over time and can drip into your mouth causing a bacteria coated tongue, bad breath and even bad breath from the nose without speaking (some people can fill a room with bad breath odor without speaking and just breathing from their nose). They key to solving this particular issue is UJJAYI breathing. This breathing method constricts and opens your glottis manually which should already be open when breathing (the flap inbetween your vocal chords in the bottom of your throat) and is almost like draining the sink. It opens your windpipe and allows the excess mucus an escape route out of your nasopharynx (back of throat/nose/mouth area). So by breathing in this way we are providing oxygen to all areas of our throat and mouth and we are also providing the phlegm a way out of our throat. After a week you can notice a huge difference if your BB problem is because of Phlegm/mucus buildup.

Many people including me have been browsing this website for a long time, never made an account but only reading and trying many of the suggestions posted here. Lots of them are completely silly but people here are desperate for a cure. As you know this is an embarrassing ''curse'' that many of us have and it has changed and ruined lots of lives. It can make you a shadow of your true self and only people with it truly understand the impact it has on every corner of your life - job, social life, relationships and everything.

Raymond I hope you know that many people here that are not even members and just read are so grateful for your information but not everyone that post here has a job or has spare money. When you have this curse we all know its hard to be around people which can make it difficult to keep a good job where you have to be near other people. I am sorry that you also have suffered so long with this and it has caused you to not have much but please just remember that your simple words might have saved so many more lifes that were ruined because of this than you will ever know. I am not religious but i do believe in universal energy and the positive energy you have created will 100% come back to reward you. It might not be in money form in this moment but just like you kept belief you would beat this problem, I hope you will believe more blessing will come to you.

Thank you so much for persevering and spreading your message here and I hope anyone reading this can turn their life around too. I still have someway to go but i knew i could solve it if i kept searching and I feel like 80% im on my way. Also thank you to Jimi, dont ever close this site you have no idea how much positive change you are making here.

mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Hello everyone and happy, bad breath free, new year! 😊

I read the whole thread with great interest and I have a question for Raymond and anyone else who have been cured or saw an improvement with Raymond's method.

I practised it already twice x 5 mins each time but I didn't feel any phlegm to be released from my throat. Periodically I had in the past PND but now I don't. Did you you experienced phlegm released from your throat right away or it took you few days of persistent practise of this method? Also if any phlegm released do you attempt to spit it or swallow it?

As for the white tongue and taste for those who still have this persistent issue my way of completely removing it and barely scraping any is by drinking.. electrolytes, which actually contain glucose.. lol.. Bought them fron the pharmacy. Maybe one day I ll make a thread on how I came in that conclusion and worked out even after taking the first dose.. Especially those of you who even have a slightly dry mouth please do try electrolytes!!

Many thanks!!
everhopeful81

Post by everhopeful81 »

Interesting! What is the brand name of electrolytes you are buying.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

everhopeful81 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:30 pm Interesting! What is the brand name of electrolytes you are buying.
The name is "Almora Plus".. Electrolytes for body hydration.. I don't feel bad breath free possibly due to GERD/ LPR which am trying to put under control without medication but.. these electrolytes keep my mouth fresh and my tongue pink the whole day and I saw the results almost immediately. Beleive me I know how it feels to have a poop taste all over your tongue, not only on the back!! ;) Bare on mind however that I am also careful with my diet and I try to avoid anything that is considered a dehydrating food, among them anything salty or sugary, it helps also with my GERD/ LPR symptoms.

I hope this helps.. If you try it out please let me know of the outcome as it is important to test my theory with another sufferer, and I ll make a proper thread for everyone on that if it works out for one more person out here. :-)
everhopeful81

Post by everhopeful81 »

Thanks! I can't find that brand in Singapore (where I live), but there others I can try. I will report back (I have a couple of other things I anything right now so will finish those!)
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

NasalBking wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:42 pm Dear Raymond,
I would like to post this to help others and also to talk to you.

Since i was a kid i had runny nose and I used to wake up with thick coated white tongue, loss of sense of smell, Nasal BB, Mouth BB, strange taste always in mouth, always need to cough, sniff and spit out mucus all the time even though I brushed, flossed, used hydrogen peroxide, Apple cider vinegar, baking soda, activated charcoal, believe me i tried almost everything in every forum for years.

Your post really is a gift as I feel a big improvement in tongue coating and mouth/nasal odor since attempting your breathing method for the last weeks and after seeing others like ttylman and sue2018 post that it had a big effect I was not sure something so simple would actually help. Like ttylman said - it is a habit you don't notice and I believe it effects people with post nasal drip and runny nose (PND). Maybe we subconsciously learned to breath in this bad way because it feels like you are blowing out less breath so you might think there is less bad odor coming out but it actually makes it worse. The throat and mouth needs oxygen to be clean and clear and your mucus needs to drain down the throat properly.

Im in my mid 20's but after years of researching,trying things like PPI proton pump inhibitor for stomach acid, fluconazole for candida infection, H.Pylori test and other highly recommended things that did not work for me, my understanding of this issue is this: If you just inhale air straight into your nose it is almost like you are skipping past the mouth and little airflow is reaching your tongue or lingual tonsils. Phlegm/mucus gathers in the back of the throat and in your maxillary sinus and SHOULD run down your throat without notice but because we are breathing directly in and out of the nose, bacteria and particles from the air stick and mix there. This then builds up a bad environment over time and can drip into your mouth causing a bacteria coated tongue, bad breath and even bad breath from the nose without speaking (some people can fill a room with bad breath odor without speaking and just breathing from their nose). They key to solving this particular issue is UJJAYI breathing. This breathing method constricts and opens your glottis manually which should already be open when breathing (the flap inbetween your vocal chords in the bottom of your throat) and is almost like draining the sink. It opens your windpipe and allows the excess mucus an escape route out of your nasopharynx (back of throat/nose/mouth area). So by breathing in this way we are providing oxygen to all areas of our throat and mouth and we are also providing the phlegm a way out of our throat. After a week you can notice a huge difference if your BB problem is because of Phlegm/mucus buildup.

Many people including me have been browsing this website for a long time, never made an account but only reading and trying many of the suggestions posted here. Lots of them are completely silly but people here are desperate for a cure. As you know this is an embarrassing ''curse'' that many of us have and it has changed and ruined lots of lives. It can make you a shadow of your true self and only people with it truly understand the impact it has on every corner of your life - job, social life, relationships and everything.

Raymond I hope you know that many people here that are not even members and just read are so grateful for your information but not everyone that post here has a job or has spare money. When you have this curse we all know its hard to be around people which can make it difficult to keep a good job where you have to be near other people. I am sorry that you also have suffered so long with this and it has caused you to not have much but please just remember that your simple words might have saved so many more lifes that were ruined because of this than you will ever know. I am not religious but i do believe in universal energy and the positive energy you have created will 100% come back to reward you. It might not be in money form in this moment but just like you kept belief you would beat this problem, I hope you will believe more blessing will come to you.

Thank you so much for persevering and spreading your message here and I hope anyone reading this can turn their life around too. I still have someway to go but i knew i could solve it if i kept searching and I feel like 80% im on my way. Also thank you to Jimi, dont ever close this site you have no idea how much positive change you are making here.

thanks for your words, once I discovered this and I could corroborate it many times before disclosing it, I had tried to publish it here with another pseudonym, I understood perfectly the value of all this, my case was very extreme and chronic, and if I achieved an improvement of 100%, I could do it with many others, as I said before, I did not intend to become a millionaire, only that it would help me out of my precarious economic state, I made a thread in the forum but for transgressing rules of the forum, this was deleted, I was not going to return to the forum, but I understood that there are many people who are suffering this ordeal as I have suffered and could not let this discovery that took me decades be lost, I would never have forgiven, so I went back, I had to make a new pseudonym, and deliver it to everyone, forgetting about economic reciprocity, I just made my last comment, because someone said that I was going to make a contribution, but never returned to the forum, I no longer need I was going back, that was kind of a bit disappointing.
the end of the year I had my test of fire, I spent the night with a person and I woke up with her, everything was as I expected, my life has taken the course I always wanted to have (in this aspect)
thanks for your words.
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

He would never have forgiven me for keeping this and not having shared it with everyone who needed it.
Renato1
Total Newbie

Post by Renato1 »

Thanks Raymond, for your great contribution to solve our common problem.

I think many here far from having only problems with the mucus in the throat, they can also have bad breath from the mucus in the esophagus. I will tell you my story to help those who have a condition similar to mine.

I am returning to this forum after 10 years of my initial posting after reading the entire topic started by Raymond and his discovery in keeping the throat anaerobes low by changing the way we breath. I initially used the pseudonym of Renato, for those who want to check my story. Now I'm using the pseudonym of Renato1.

As a summary of my condition I can tell you that I have lived with halitosis for over 40 years now. I was aware of my condition since I was in elementary school.

For a long time I have lived confused of the source of my halitosis since it could have originated from many possible sources, such as sinus problems, acid and silent reflux, sleep apnea, lactose and fructose intolerance and SIBO. My halitosis was getting worse as I got older and because I have changed my diet to contain more meats. My halitosis was initially from the mouth (not teeth) and then from nose too as a result of sinus washes. I did the sinus washes after reading a topic in this forum. This was a big mistake since I pushed anerobic bacteria from my mouth/throat into the anaerobic environment of upper sinuses, so you can imagine the terrible bad breath from the nose. Since I stopped these washes, the bad breath from nose vanished over the time as the normal flora from sinuses recovered. I only have mouth bad breath, which the source is the throat and esophagus. I do not recommend sinus washes at all.

Many people who have the conditions I mentioned above do not have halitosis, but I do, so this could be the result of combined factors. I was diagnosed with acute sleep apnea, since the base of my tongue retracts slightly backwards blocking the passage of air and perhaps trapping anaerobes from my reflux problem.
Now since I have narrowed down the BB source possibilities by surgeries, I believe to know the source of my halitosis.
I have done all the possible surgeries to solve this problem. For example, I have:
1-remove tonsils.
2-remove adenoids
3- remove of a cyst from right sinuses
4-corrected of the nasal septum.
5- Lastly, I have been performed the Nissen fundaplication to control the reflux, which did not help my BB, but worsen it.

The source of my BB is bacteria overgrowth in my small intestine which cause me intolerance to many sugars, reflux and formation of phlegm in esophagus, throat and mouth.
For long time I tried to remove this phlegm from esophagus and throat by swallowing a water-soaked cotton gauze tied up with a string to bring it back after swallowed. This is a very difficult procedure, and I only performed it a couple of times to confirm the source of BB by smelling this gauze (strong fecal odor in the esophagus phlegm). Nevertheless, I have manage to reduce the bad odor from my throat and from my esophagus, let's say by 90% by the use of oral probiotics. However, BB comes back sometimes depending of what I eat and how much reflux I had that day/night since I'm not tackling the problem from its roots, but only controlling the side effects_ the bad breath_. Nevertheless, I can control now the BB rapidly with the use of oral probitics.

As Raymond says we need to remove the phlegm from throat to reduce anerobic bacteria, but also from esophagus too, which is almost difficult to reach. The problem is that for those who have the condition I have (SIBO and/or reflux) this is not a permanent cure but at least reduces the bad breath for at least 90%.
Before Raymod's breath strategy to oxygenate the throat, I managed to reduce anerobic bacteria very efficiently by swallowing oral probiotics, which incredibly removes all anaerobic bacteria from mouth and throat. Very importantly, this is not the gut probiotics widely used by many people, but bacterial species normally living in the mouth, which have disappeared from those who have used mouth washes containing antibacterials or which have used antibiotics very often. I do not recommend the use of antibacterial mouth washes for people who have BB originated from sources other than the teeth, because it kills the resident bacteria allowing anaerobic bacteria from the gut to populate the throat and mouth. If you have BB which the teeth is not the source do not use mouth washes but only brush your teeth and tongue at least two time per day.
Although I still have the phlegm in my throat it is now populated by the oral probiotic and not by the smelly bacteria. This strategy also replaces temporarily the anaerobic bacteria from the esophagus if enough oral probiotic is swallowed at bed time when lying down, which allows the oral probiotic to be retained in the esophagus phlegm .
I have incorporated Raymod's breath strategy which has helped to oxygenate my throat and favor the grow of the aerobic probiotic with excellent results.
BB comes back if I stop taking the probiotics which I take every day at bed time. If I only perform Raymond's breath strategy I only can reduce my BB by 50% since anaerobic bacteria in esophagus persists. If I only use oral probiotics twice every day (morning and bed time after brushing teeth and tongue), I can reduce the BB at 90%. However, I have noticed that incorporating Raymond's breath strategy, I can reduce the use of oral probiotics to once at day ( bed time) with great results (90% reduction). Oxygenating the throat, perhaps allows the probiotic to persist longer.

The use of oral probiotics somehow made me more confident, although it comes with a cost as I have to spend at least 1 dollar per day to keep constantly the probiotics in my mouth. If your problem is only the anatomy of your mouth/throat that does not allow good oxygenatation, then Raymond's breath strategy should resolve the BB problem, but if you problem comes from the stomach where anaerobic bacteria is constantly growing and somehow reaching your esophagus and throat, then you should also tackle the problem in the esophagus by using oral probiotics.

I'm now looking the cause of the SIBO to figure out how to reduce the bacteria from my small intestines. It could be an issue with my large intestine allowing to leak bacteria into the small intestine.
Meanwhile I can manage my life with these oral probiotics and the breath strategy from Raymond.

I hope this post helps other with similar problems.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Hello Renato1,

Thank you for your interesting input. May I ask which probiotics are you taking? Thank you
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Renato1 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 pmI'm now looking the cause of the SIBO to figure out how to reduce the bacteria from my small intestines. It could be an issue with my large intestine allowing to leak bacteria into the small intestine. Meanwhile I can manage my life with these oral probiotics and the breath strategy from Raymond.
Der Renato1
Oral probiotics may increase sibo.

Sibo can be diagnosed with hydrogen breath tests. Patient drinks 20 g sugar. Breath H2 gas reading imemdiately begins. Continues 1-2 hours with 10-15 minute intervals. H2 concentration must not exceed 20 ppm. Otherwise intolerance, malabsorption or sibo can be thought
-Murat Aydin
Renato1
Total Newbie

Post by Renato1 »

mtr,

I have tried at least 10 different brands of Clinical Grade Oral Probiotics from Amazon based on BLISK12, BLISM18 (S. salivarius). Although almost all worked, though at different levels, some triggered mucus production which I did not like. Some contain sugar which also allow other bacteria to grow in the throat, and others have very low bacterial CFU in their formulation.
SO after trying all I sticked to two brands, which are sugar-free, with high CFUs in their formulation and did not cause me mucus overproduction. One is cheaper than the other.

If commercial brands are allowed here I can tell you the brands, otherwise I can email the names to you.
Renato1
Total Newbie

Post by Renato1 »

aydinmur

I was diagnosed SIBO with the test you mentioned, now 10 years ago( my story is in the Renato pseudonym). I never took it seriously because the reflux problem I had. I thought that the often silent reflux caused me the bad breath in the esophagus by providing a source of nutrients to resident anaerobic bacteria. However, after the Nissen surgery, which reduced my reflux for about 70%, my bad breath is the same. It was that when I understood that the bad odor bacteria is already present in my Small intestine and reaching my esophagus and throat since I still have 30% reflux. The phlegm in esophagus and throat populated by smelly bacteria was constant until I have eradicated them temporally with the use of oral probiotics. Most people with reflux, even worse then mine do not have bad breath, because their reflux does not have the overgrown anaerobic bacteria, which I have.

As I have said, if I stop the use of S. salivarius , my phlegm get smelly again in the third day, suggesting that anaerobic bacteria is constantly reaching the area but not allowed to growth because the presence of the S. salivarius.

The oral probiotic is not any of the lactobacillus or bifidobacterium strains but S. salivarius, whose normal habitat is the mouth, throat and sinuses.

I believe that the main success of Raymond's breath strategy is to keep anaerobic bacteria low because the constant oxygenation of throat and mouth, while S. salivarus does the same thing by eradicating the anaerobes even from the phlegm formed down the throat.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Renato1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:00 am aydinmur

I was diagnosed SIBO with the test you mentioned, now 10 years ago( my story is in the Renato pseudonym). I never took it seriously because the reflux problem I had. I thought that the often silent reflux caused me the bad breath in the esophagus by providing a source of nutrients to resident anaerobic bacteria. However, after the Nissen surgery, which reduced my reflux for about 70%, my bad breath is the same. It was that when I understood that the bad odor bacteria is already present in my Small intestine and reaching my esophagus and throat since I still have 30% reflux. The phlegm in esophagus and throat populated by smelly bacteria was constant until I have eradicated them temporally with the use of oral probiotics. Most people with reflux, even worse then mine do not have bad breath, because their reflux does not have the overgrown anaerobic bacteria, which I have.

As I have said, if I stop the use of S. salivarius , my phlegm get smelly again in the third day, suggesting that anaerobic bacteria is constantly reaching the area but not allowed to growth because the presence of the S. salivarius.

The oral probiotic is not any of the lactobacillus or bifidobacterium strains but S. salivarius, whose normal habitat is the mouth, throat and sinuses.

I believe that the main success of Raymond's breath strategy is to keep anaerobic bacteria low because the constant oxygenation of throat and mouth, while S. salivarus does the same thing by eradicating the anaerobes even from the phlegm formed down the throat.
lactobacillus and bifidobacterium don't work at all?

Your SIBO wasn't cured by the standard antibiotics treatment? Did you have gas problem? A doctor told me SIBO would cause gas, not bad breath, so he didn't order the test.

How's your endoscopy result?
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Renato1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 am mtr,

I have tried at least 10 different brands of Clinical Grade Oral Probiotics from Amazon based on BLISK12, BLISM18 (S. salivarius). Although almost all worked, though at different levels, some triggered mucus production which I did not like. Some contain sugar which also allow other bacteria to grow in the throat, and others have very low bacterial CFU in their formulation.
SO after trying all I sticked to two brands, which are sugar-free, with high CFUs in their formulation and did not cause me mucus overproduction. One is cheaper than the other.

If commercial brands are allowed here I can tell you the brands, otherwise I can email the names to you.
Thank you very much Renato. It should be fine mentioning the brand in public. Maybe someone else has used them as well.
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

mtr wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 pm
Renato1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 am mtr,

Thank you very much Renato. It should be fine mentioning the brand in public. Maybe someone else has used them as well.
could do a separate thread, on the probiotics,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic