Your Email Address:

First Name:

a) Bad breath literally ruins your life and b) G*d must hate me

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior
a) Bad breath literally ruins your life and b) G*d must hate me

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Okay so as I've written my previous posts, i've been having success with controlling breath by drinking celery juice and eating meat. Recently I dabbled in the blood type diet and taking zinc gluconate which also seemed to be good especially the zinc.

Now let me get to the part about why I feel like God, if he exists, hates me lol. For the past few months I've been in the application phase for a very prestigious international scholarship (once you win the Masters scholarship to study overseas you also get a good job when you return). Anyway I aced the different rounds which included essays, IQ and psychometric tests, and a telephone interview. The recruiter kept telling me that I am doing so well and I'm basically in for this scholarship. Then comes the final stage, this past Monday. The face to face interview. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this lol.

The interview was on Monday. Let me tell explain what my breath was like in the days before that. I have a pretty good system for smelling my morning breath (taste is not a good indicator). If I scrape my tongue first thing in the morning with a Breathrx scraper and sniff the scraper, it tells me if i'll have a good breath day or bad. It doesn't seem to work with the metal tongue scraper. Anyway most days when I sniff the scraper lately the odor is either nothing or minimal. 2 days before my interview, it's Saturday and the morning scraper smelled like absolutely nothing even though it was full of whitish morning stuff from my tongue. Had a great day, went to the mall, talk to cashiers, sang quietly to myself in lines, no reactions, talked face to face with a taxi driver, my breath smelled like nothing. Sunday, scraper smelled like nothing. Went to work and prepared for my interview, the security at work didnt react when i talked to them face to face.

MONDAY MORNING. Lol. Day of interview. The day I've been preparing for for months. The one day in months I actually *need* good breath. Wake up and scrape my tongue. Yup you guessed it, it smelled sour and pungent. I remember looking up into the bathroom mirror and my eyes going wide in literal horror. Because I know from experience, once my breath smells like that there is no amount of brushing that will save me. I still tried, brushed 3 times. Took 3x my usual amount of zinc. Did the lick test which usually never smells like anything whether or not I'm getting bad reactions. Well on Monday my wrist smelled SO strong and sour! Lol what a joke ](*,)

Anyway i take an uber to the interview. Uber driver is nice and friendly but he is rubbing his nose and he opens his window at one point. Yikes. I knew I was fucked at that point. The security guards are nice and tell me how pretty I look but they are having strong reactions. I am so fucked. My confidence nosedives. I go to the bathroom to try and scrape my tongue. The interview eventually starts and the recruiter guy I've been talking to these past few months tells me this is the final stage and he looks so enthisiastic and you can tell he is rooting me and wants to recruit me. Then I start talking and answering questions and of course all 4 panel members are reacting even though they're trying not to and 2 of them actually look disgusted. I am mortified but continue with the interview. I answer the questions pretty well but what does that matter when you are offending everyone with your breath. The train wreck eventually ends. They tell me they'll have the results in one day.

I didn't hear from them so I contact them after 2 days and SURPRISE SURPRISE i didn't get the scholarship. I know my breath caused this, both the offensive smell and the deterioration in my confidence that day. It's so unfair. Most of the world don't have to worry about their breath when they are in interviews. They have the luxury of just being nervous about their answers.

I am so fed up. I decided I don't care if I have to eat only lettuce and drink celery juice for the next year, I will do it. I am so sick and tired of this condition stealing opportunities from me, stealing my future. Stealing my ****ing life! Enough is enough.

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: a) Bad breath literally ruins your life and b) G*d must hate me

Post by StillHoping »

Aaaahhhh I feel your pain!! It always seems to worsen for these type of occasions/special events for some reason. I sometimes wonder if stress or nervousness plays a part in it. Looking back; had you eaten or done anything different the day prior?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

I wouldn't be surprised if nerves do have an impact because like you, my breath always seems to get bad exactly when I most need it to be good. Interviews, meetings. I didn't eat anything different that day or the day before, in fact I made sure to eat very clean that week. Lots of water, lots of leafy greens. And still that morning out of all mornings, my mouth decided to go full crazy on me. I can almost see the funny side now.

I was so excited the days leading up to it thinking for once in my adult life, I'm gonna have an interview where I can just talk and people won't even know bad breath is a factor in my life. But the universe said NOPE
StillHoping wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:20 pm Aaaahhhh I feel your pain!! It always seems to worsen for these type of occasions/special events for some reason. I sometimes wonder if stress or nervousness plays a part in it. Looking back; had you eaten or done anything different the day prior?
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

I know your pain. I have a question for you; did you stop with bread and/or starch a couples of day before you went for the interview? If it is so, maybe that was the problem. I have made that misteak, because after 3 days of not eating carbs or bread your breath will be worse. Because your in detox mode. And try to stop with scraping your tongue it will make your breath worse
I did it a couples of times at work and my breath was awful. I stop with tongue scraping because I think that gave me bad breath after 10 years of using it. I lived for 20 years without using scarper and never had problem. Now my bad breath comes out of my tongue. I am giving my tongue time to restore. No one that I know use tongue scarper and their breath are fine.

And by the way God loves you, He is not mad at you. Jesus died for our sins, you just need to accept Gods forgiveness. Condemnation is from satan.
The enemy is the one that brings sickness to us. Jesus is always by our side. I know for sure that He is the one that is giving me strength to keep pressing on.
Kd1994

Post by Kd1994 »

Well I mean at least you're pretty. I'm not that pretty either. Does anything mask your bb? I'm sorry that happened to you. That's simply not fair.
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

nervousness can trigger anything you are suffering from. in this case it trigger's bb.
You should have try harder to control these emotion. i know it's not easy to control under such condition

I'm sorry about that. well, there will always be another opportunity someday for you.

Just cheer up
Smilinagain
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Kd1994 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:47 am Well I mean at least you're pretty. I'm not that pretty either. Does anything mask your bb? I'm sorry that happened to you. That's simply not fair.
Thanks for your kind words. I have had some success controlling my breath with diet but no there is absolutely nothing I've found to immediately mask my breath if I wake up with terrible breath that day. Nothing. I would love to have something in my pocket even if it only works for an hour.

And on your other point, I'm not sure if being attractive or unattractive makes a difference in the end. The downside is getting approached by guys and then looking at their faces turn from interest to disgust as they smell you. Getting approached by strangers because I look pleasant and I'm usually alone so I'm the one people stop and ask if they need directions on the street. I have some social anxiety from these experiences. It doesn't matter if you look like Miss Universe (which I don't lol). As we know, most people can't stand to be around bad smells for more than a few minutes.
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Gluten-free wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:47 pm I know your pain. I have a question for you; did you stop with bread and/or starch a couples of day before you went for the interview? If it is so, maybe that was the problem. I have made that misteak, because after 3 days of not eating carbs or bread your breath will be worse. Because your in detox mode. And try to stop with scraping your tongue it will make your breath worse
I did it a couples of times at work and my breath was awful. I stop with tongue scraping because I think that gave me bad breath after 10 years of using it. I lived for 20 years without using scarper and never had problem. Now my bad breath comes out of my tongue. I am giving my tongue time to restore. No one that I know use tongue scarper and their breath are fine.

And by the way God loves you, He is not mad at you. Jesus died for our sins, you just need to accept Gods forgiveness. Condemnation is from satan.
The enemy is the one that brings sickness to us. Jesus is always by our side. I know for sure that He is the one that is giving me strength to keep pressing on.
I don't eat much starch anyway. For a couple of years now (stopped eating starch many years after I got bad breath so that isn't the cause of my breath). And you're very right about scraping, I know overdoing it never ever gives me clean breath but when you are desperate you forget all that. So are you saying you don't scrape and your breath is getting better?
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Smilingagain wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:38 pm nervousness can trigger anything you are suffering from. in this case it trigger's bb.
You should have try harder to control these emotion. i know it's not easy to control under such condition

I'm sorry about that. well, there will always be another opportunity someday for you.

Just cheer up
Smilinagain
Thank you. I'm sure the nervousness is a factor but I sure wish it wasn't because 90% of the world are nervous before interviews but it doesnt make them smell different than they usually do. It's highly unfair but it's reality, most days lately even when I do the bare minimum brushing and I drink soda, my breath is better than it was in that interview because I'm relaxed.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Wow I'm very shocked to hear that even giving up starch made no difference for you. This is very discouraging
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

StillHoping wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 pm Wow I'm very shocked to hear that even giving up starch made no difference for you. This is very discouraging
No it definitely made a difference. Giving up starch removed the nasal odor that started in 2010. I gave up starch around 2015ish. I no longer have nasal odor. Still had mouth odor since 2004.

I was responding to a person who asked me if my breath got worse in my interview because I maybe stopped eating starch in the days leading up to it.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Aaaahh I see, sorry I read that wrong!!
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

GTFO.BADBREATH wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:40 pm
Gluten-free wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:47 pm I know your pain. I have a question for you; did you stop with bread and/or starch a couples of day before you went for the interview? If it is so, maybe that was the problem. I have made that misteak, because after 3 days of not eating carbs or bread your breath will be worse. Because your in detox mode. And try to stop with scraping your tongue it will make your breath worse

I don't eat much starch anyway. For a couple of years now (stopped eating starch many years after I got bad breath so that isn't the cause of my breath). And you're very right about scraping, I know overdoing it never ever gives me clean breath but when you are desperate you forget all that. So are you saying you don't scrape and your breath is getting better?
I stop for 1 week now. But today my tongue was white, I scarped it. Why don't you eat normal without eating sugar to see if your breath will be normal. If you don't eat starch like rice or bread your breath will get worse and you will always have hunger breath even if you eat meat only. Try to eat normal you don't have noting to loose. I am eating normal now, but without sugar or any sweet. Try to eat brown rice and or bread to see what will happens. Try rice one week than try bread also after a week of rice. Do the elimination diet.

My breath is going in some good direction. My sugar adiction is my big problem. I need to overcome it to achieve bad breath free.

Yes, my name is gluten free but I can't change it anymore. If I don't eat bread my breath will be horrible. Maybe your toothpaste is not good for you also. Make your own toothpaste. Like natural soap with chalk powder and baking soda. Soap without taste and SLS in it, soap that they use to make DIY natural soap. I can't use toothpaste with sugar in or that have aroma, because it will make my breath worse. I hope to see some change this weeks to write about it.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Gluten-free wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:07 pm
GTFO.BADBREATH wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:40 pm

I stop for 1 week now. But today my tongue was white, I scarped it. Why don't you eat normal without eating sugar to see if your breath will be normal. If you don't eat starch like rice or bread your breath will get worse and you will always have hunger breath even if you eat meat only. Try to eat normal you don't have noting to loose. I am eating normal now, but without sugar or any sweet. Try to eat brown rice and or bread to see what will happens. Try rice one week than try bread also after a week of rice. Do the elimination diet.

My breath is going in some good direction. My sugar adiction is my big problem. I need to overcome it to achieve bad breath free.

Yes, my name is gluten free but I can't change it anymore. If I don't eat bread my breath will be horrible. Maybe your toothpaste is not good for you also. Make your own toothpaste. Like natural soap with chalk powder and baking soda. Soap without taste and SLS in it, soap that they use to make DIY natural soap. I can't use toothpaste with sugar in or that have aroma, because it will make my breath worse. I hope to see some change this weeks to write about it.
Bread is good for what problem and bad for what problem? I have heard some people said eat more bread while others said don't eat bread.

I don't have feedback, so it's hard to know its effect on me.
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

I'm gonna stop with the excessive scraping too. I'm always game to try something new. I've been scraping since 2004, the year my mouth started tasting funny and people started rubbing their noses when I talked. I would scrape and scrape with a spoon because the internet said it was my tongue. 2004!! and here I still am so yeah I'm okay with trying the not scraping way.

For me I didn't stop eating starch because of my breath specifically, I did it as part of the keto diet because I was very overweight in 2015. But then that diet stopped the nasal odor which was a plus. Now even if I do 'cheat' and eat bread or dairy once in a while, the nasal odor remains gone. I wish the mouth odor would just ***k off permanently too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic