Your Email Address:

First Name:

Smelling your own breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mauricio
Advanced
Re: Smelling your own breath

Post by mauricio »

KL123 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:55 pm
You can try more if that's what you think will make the difference.
that's what I intend to do.

bb free)
space
Advanced

Post by space »

i agree, I dont think the exercise itself is causing bb to increase, I thought its because of the deep breathing (which is just a byproduct when you exercise), its more like

deep breathing = bb will spread faster (even if you dont have any digestive/metabolic issues, even oral related bb can be more pronounced if you are breathing deeply after doing something intense or when you are nervous)
Jaim618

Post by Jaim618 »

KL123 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Pleasehelp wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 pm Do you feel that it is constant, or intermittent? I sometimes think mine is intermittent, although mostly present, which makes me wonder if it's coming from the lungs. If it was, do you think it would be constant?
Yes, mine is somewhat intermittent. There may be occasions where it's reduced or at sometimes very rare occations, it's non-existent.

I think, it depends on how much of Methanethiol has been produced in the gut, how much of it enters into the blood stream and how much of it is left unbroken, and eventually how much of it is deposited into lungs.

Perhaps, a minor factor is, what do we eat and how much do we eat? We may slightly alter the equation to get a variation in the end results but we are far, far, far away from having any significant control over it because again, it's a genetic mutation issue. Can't do much about it at this point.

Even if I don't eat anything for days and my stomach is empty of any food, there will still be a lot of Methanethiol compounds entering in the blood stream which will be left unbroken and gush out with the breath.

We are locked into it pretty good.
This may be a dumb question... What foods are high in Methanethiol? I have googled and can’t get a definitive list. Think this may help me but I’m not sure what to eat.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Raymond wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:08 am I think they are confused, I do not think that the bb increases with exercise, what I think and that it may have a relationship with an "increase" in the intensity of the bb is that it increases your respiratory flow, it is like giving more power to a vetilator , if someone suffers from bb, the breath that is perceived, for obvious reasons multiplies.
if a person with bb enters a closed room, and breathes normally, he will not fill the bb room so quickly that someone who is panting, is like filling a pool with a hose to fill the same pool with a fire hose.
otherwise, never the perception of the BB itself will be as reliable as that perceived by a third person.
Here is the counter example that I personally experienced.

I popped in a chewing gum in my mouth before starting a soccer game that required a lot of running.
During the game, the production of bacteria grew so much in my mouth that the chewing gum actually melted and became a paste. I had to spit it out.
My breath was smelling extremely bad at point, and taste of the mouth was even worse.

I don't reach these extremes during regular day to life events.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Jaim618 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:49 am
KL123 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 pm
Pleasehelp wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 pm Do you feel that it is constant, or intermittent? I sometimes think mine is intermittent, although mostly present, which makes me wonder if it's coming from the lungs. If it was, do you think it would be constant?
Yes, mine is somewhat intermittent. There may be occasions where it's reduced or at sometimes very rare occations, it's non-existent.

I think, it depends on how much of Methanethiol has been produced in the gut, how much of it enters into the blood stream and how much of it is left unbroken, and eventually how much of it is deposited into lungs.

Perhaps, a minor factor is, what do we eat and how much do we eat? We may slightly alter the equation to get a variation in the end results but we are far, far, far away from having any significant control over it because again, it's a genetic mutation issue. Can't do much about it at this point.

Even if I don't eat anything for days and my stomach is empty of any food, there will still be a lot of Methanethiol compounds entering in the blood stream which will be left unbroken and gush out with the breath.

We are locked into it pretty good.
This may be a dumb question... What foods are high in Methanethiol? I have googled and can’t get a definitive list. Think this may help me but I’m not sure what to eat.
This is actually a good question.
I personally do not know the answer but in my personal case, I have noticed that avoiding gassy foods, like lentils and beans, help.

If I were to categorize my BB then what it may fall into is the family history. Other members of my family have it too.
Do you know if any close family members suffers somewhat the same systems as you do?
Pleasehelp

Post by Pleasehelp »

I will say that no one in my family has it. I have taken some odd drugs for travel and when I was first diagnosed with arthritis I was prescribed sulfasalazine, which apparently interacts with the gut...I've also had international food poisoning...Anyway, the hard breathing and intensity of smell just makes me consider location. I've scraped my tongue and smelled it. It doesnt smell like anything, although despite a clean bill of health my floss sometimes is terrible between a few particular teeth, but I was told no pockets...I think it is in the throat or stomach, because after I gargle with hydrogen peroxide my floss doesnt smell, but that's not reaching farther than my mouth, obviously. Also, you guys should read my other thread about microbiome testing. San Diego University is running a nationwide test because they want to tackle the gut microbiome. I ordered two kits that just came in the mail. Expensive, but I want to see if I can learn anything and I want to help scientists learn more so that we are closer to our goal of figuring this nightmare out. In that thread I also just posted the first round of results from thousands of people. Duke University wrote an article about it. I will post my results when I get them. Will be a while though.
Jaim618

Post by Jaim618 »

If I were to categorize my BB then what it may fall into is the family history. Other members of my family have it too.
Do you know if any close family members suffers somewhat the same systems as you do?
[/quote]
Yes! I have a few family members who suffer. We don’t talk about it tho...
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Yep same here.
We don't talk about it but this nightmare is there.
The research at Redboud university seems to be related to our category of chronic BB where patients under the trails had this problem common among close and immediate family members.

Not sure why they don't reply to emails or publish any update about this study?
I won't be surprised if some big pharma has bought the intellectual property's ownership rights of this research, and they will simply choke it because a cure to chronic halitosis and BB will put an end to multi billion dollar mouth wash and other BB masking products, industry
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

KL123 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:24 pm
Yep same here.
We don't talk about it but this nightmare is there.
The research at Redboud university seems to be related to our category of chronic BB where patients under the trails had this problem common among close and immediate family members.

Not sure why they don't reply to emails or publish any update about this study?
I won't be surprised if some big pharma has bought the intellectual property's ownership rights of this research, and they will simply choke it because a cure to chronic halitosis and BB will put an end to multi billion dollar mouth wash and other BB masking products, industry
There are different causes of BB.

Mouthwash succeeded because of their marketing. People without bad breath are using it too.

There don’t seem to be many people with problems like us. Doubt big pharma is interested.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic