Your Email Address:

First Name:

Maybe cured..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
nolab
Junior

Re: Maybe cured..

Post by nolab »

redboy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:47 pm Good if your BB slow down, but believe me nobody get cured it becomes immune to everything we take and come back, The other thread about Aloe vera work for a month for some and didn't work to the other, In my case I have BB since I can't remember how long, it cost me to stop working, then few months back I have a blood test result came and my cholesterol and Uric acid level is high (again) and I have to take again this meds. Zocor and Allopurinol increase the smell from bad to worse that's why I just take it on and off, But my MD change my Cholesterol meds to crestor instead of Zocor, now another test came back my A1C is high I am now a pre-diabetic and my MD prescribed me a metformin (to control my sugar). my breath stinks as in super stinks, but I have no choice. so I have to take this 3 meds, I don't know what happen but when I start taking metformin it reduced my BB. (not cured) just reduced. So my suspect is metformin who control the sugar in my body help. but as I said reduced, I hate to use the word cure because I never heard anybody who get cured, BB is like a cancer it keeps coming back. I am planning to stop my meds after my next blood test because my lipid an uric result is already nomral and my next blood test was for the A1C hopefully it also normal, and then back again after 3 months, then observe my breath if it will becomes worse than today.
I think that yes when you take antibiotics or antimicrobials the bacteria can get immune and recover. but I don't think there is such a thing with food or stomach acid or bile, because it is a part of the human body naturally. I read also something on pre diabetes somewhere linked to gut microbiome, if I find the link I can post ist. But you should REALLY try intermittent fasting, I heard it cured pre diabetes for some(which is connected with something called insulin resistance I think) and decrease carbs and sugar.

redboy

Post by redboy »

KL123 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:54 pm
redboy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:47 pm Good if your BB slow down, but believe me nobody get cured it becomes immune to everything we take and come back, The other thread about Aloe vera work for a month for some and didn't work to the other, In my case I have BB since I can't remember how long, it cost me to stop working, then few months back I have a blood test result came and my cholesterol and Uric acid level is high (again) and I have to take again this meds. Zocor and Allopurinol increase the smell from bad to worse that's why I just take it on and off, But my MD change my Cholesterol meds to crestor instead of Zocor, now another test came back my A1C is high I am now a pre-diabetic and my MD prescribed me a metformin (to control my sugar). my breath stinks as in super stinks, but I have no choice. so I have to take this 3 meds, I don't know what happen but when I start taking metformin it reduced my BB. (not cured) just reduced. So my suspect is metformin who control the sugar in my body help. but as I said reduced, I hate to use the word cure because I never heard anybody who get cured, BB is like a cancer it keeps coming back. I am planning to stop my meds after my next blood test because my lipid an uric result is already nomral and my next blood test was for the A1C hopefully it also normal, and then back again after 3 months, then observe my breath if it will becomes worse than today.
For type 2 diabetes, SERIOUSLY watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAwgdX5VxGc
Thanks
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 pm
KL123 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:40 pm
nolab wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm wanted to add it is important to test because in my case it was prevotella but I read that also sulfate reducing bacteria can overgrow and produce hydrogen sulphide. And in the case of overgrowth of sulfate reducing bacteria you need to limit fat and protein because they love and thrive in bile.
both I think would produce The Who farted smell occasionally, as it was in my case. so I don't know.. either test or try increasing fat/protein slowly WITH the betaine hcl and look how it goes. just some thoughts hope it helps some get on the right path
interesting, cuz that's what I was wondering.
If my result comes with some other bacteria over growth than prevotella, what to do then?
But if we are talking about sufate reducing bacteria is over growing then betaine HCL may not be the immediate solution? It will be a new research to figure out what would counter the over growth of sulfate reducing bacteria?
I didnt do much research on the sulfate reducing bacteria. read somewhat of dr greg nigh and that this type of overgrowth is an "adaptation" because the body lacks sulfur(due to restriction maybe) but it needs it, so the body adapts in increasing sulfur producing bacteria. it is a little complicated..maybe you can google on dr greg nigh he has some information on hydrogen sulphide sibo I think. https://ndnr.com/gastrointestinal/sibo- ... n-sulfide/
If betaine hcl would treat this specific overgrowth I don't know, but I think it is an important part to try the betaine, it would not hurt or increase overgrowth I think. (just careful for people with ulcers, then betaine hcl may not be the best idea)
Great.
This is a fruitful discussion and I am not only liking it but I hope there is something in it for someone else who can benefit.
Appreciate that you have done some good research on your own.

Diet wise, I think what you are eating is pretty much the general daily diet of many of us. meat, vegetables, eggs etc.
Perhaps one needs to cut on in take of high carbs, like bread, rice potato etc. And then try the Betain HCL for a month or so to see what does it do?

How do you take Betain HCL pills ? Before during or after meals?
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

yes now normal balanced (but a little less carbs and vegetable fibre) diet but before very stressed and restrictive to only carbs, fruit vegetables mainly and not much of it.
Every case is different, but I hope too that some people can get something out of it..
At the moment 1 capsule after a protein/fat meal with a glass of water. And if the smell gets worse than try to not to stop and see if it gets better in a few days/ a week. if it doesn't get better after a week then maybe it is not this case.
Oh and not only the smell was first worse but also the reflux, which resolved completely after a few days
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:17 pm yes now normal balanced (but a little less carbs and vegetable fibre) diet but before very stressed and restrictive to only carbs, fruit vegetables mainly and not much of it.
Every case is different, but I hope too that some people can get something out of it..
At the moment 1 capsule after a protein/fat meal with a glass of water. And if the smell gets worse than try to not to stop and see if it gets better in a few days/ a week. if it doesn't get better after a week then maybe it is not this case.
Oh and not only the smell was first worse but also the reflux, which resolved completely after a few days
So there could be a some heartburn symptoms in the beginning of taking Betain HCL?
tired3826
Total Newbie

Post by tired3826 »

If this works for you, this works.

Question: Why is your body overproducing the sulphur bacteria in your gut?
Answer: Because your body has a problem "catalyz[ing] the oxidation of methanethiol, an organosulfur compound known to be produced in substantial amounts by gut bacteria." This is pulled from the first Google result for SELENBP1.

Your entire anecdotal history on this post supports this.

2 guys on here are choosing to restrict their diet to create very little methanethiol, and you're ignoring the food (hallelujah, don't blame ya) and trying to improve liver flow by eating more fat to induce more bile production. There's a popular liver cleanse, where you drink grapefruit juice and olive oil to produce "gallstones." What you're talking about is a similar concept.

All three of you are nasal+oral BB free.

Why does Betaine HCL make it worse for a few days? This, I'm not as staunchly sure about. Theory: because more HCL = "super stomach" = processing even more than what the body already could not handle.

I'm not raining on your parade -- I'll try it. Eating meat and fat is way more fun than raw vegetables. But be aware that you more than likely have the SELENBP1 problem, and your own statements support it. It's still a sulfur problem, it's still a genetic problem.

Not everyone has a family member who stinks.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

I didnt deny that this is a sulfur problem, it clearly is a sulfur problem for me, since prevotella is a huge hydrogen sulphide producer.
but I think it is not that the SELENBP1 gene isn't functioning but that those detoxification pathways/enzymes aren't working right for whatever reason. or maybe are "overwhelmed" from the overgrowth and cant detox that much of the gas all at once?(or maybe molybdenum deficiency-an important nutrient for detoxification)

But since the Selenbp1 gene thing is genetic shouldn't it be since birth?
A lot got this whole problem after antibiotic use since why I tend more towards the overgrowth than the genetic one.
its just my opinion and I don't say that fat and protein is the cure. I don't do it to "flush" the liver and didnt do it in the first place for bb. but to balance out my microbiome since I had very low bacteria that metabolize fat and protein(need to test for yourself) and try to Reduce prevotella. but the betaine hcl is maybe a good try for some.
tired3826
Total Newbie

Post by tired3826 »

Don't be so defensive! You found something. Be happy. I went and bought Betaine HCL literally 2 hours ago. I took it with something cheesy and meaty.

You literally did say it was not genetic, and not sulfur. And your explanation above as to why it's not SELENBP1 is LITERALLY an explanation of what's wrong with a person when their SELENBP1 gene isn't working. I have read every single peer-reviewed and published article on SELENBP1 on Google, because there aren't that many. And I'm sorry, not to be a smart ass, but forcing more bile production is flushing the liver. Liver produces bile, stores it in the gallbladder, gallbladder pushes it to small intestine; force out bile, liver works to make more. Doesn't this sound exactly like what a toilet does after you flush it?

Nope, that's not how genes necessarily work. Many genes are activated at different times in life (nearly none of us were born with it and MANY of us say our bb got noticeable around puberty, and then moreso in our early 20s). They are also activated by environment (antibiotic use). I don't feel like posting links, it's definitely a thing, it's basic genetics. I learned this in like, AP Biology in high school, let alone the several biology and chemistry classes I took in college before switching majors. It's also been said on here a thousand times. I kinda assumed real nasal+oral bb sufferers knew all of this basic stuff... maybe yours isn't that bad.

Like not trying to be a dick, just don't feel like explaining basic US high school curriculum biology. You don't know that this is the biological basis for your methods, but it helps to use actual science instead of really long anecdotes so that we can reliably understand what works and doesn't. We are literally our own scientists and doctors. I invite anyone to fact check me.

But you're cool, you gave me a new and cheap solution, so won't crucify you. Bought the Betaine HCL and took it with a fatty protein meal today. If this doesn't work, and I really don't have any hope tbh, then I'll move on to a low methionine diet instead. Thank you for your help.
Last edited by tired3826 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:51 pm I didnt deny that this is a sulfur problem, it clearly is a sulfur problem for me, since prevotella is a huge hydrogen sulphide producer.
but I think it is not that the SELENBP1 gene isn't functioning but that those detoxification pathways/enzymes aren't working right for whatever reason. or maybe are "overwhelmed" from the overgrowth and cant detox that much of the gas all at once?(or maybe molybdenum deficiency-an important nutrient for detoxification)

A lot got this whole problem after antibiotic use since why I tend more towards the overgrowth than the genetic one.
its just my opinion and I don't say that fat and protein is the cure. I don't do it to "flush" the liver and didnt do it in the first place for bb. but to balance out my microbiome since I had very low bacteria that metabolize fat and protein(need to test for yourself) and try to Reduce prevotella. but the betaine hcl is maybe a good try for some.
Yes, there is a lot of gray area and unknown mystery about what's the actual cause in different cases of chronic halitosis; however, from what noticed among many who may have a genetic related chronic bb that it usually starts at around age 12 to 16. I think a lot of natural changes in our bodies happen at this age. This could be a hormonal change triggers the error in SELENBP1? who knows, just a wild guess.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

tired3826 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:32 am Don't be so defensive! You found something. Be happy. I went and bought Betaine HCL literally 2 hours ago. I took it with something cheesy and meaty.

You literally did say it was not genetic, and not sulfur. And your explanation above as to why it's not SELENBP1 is LITERALLY an explanation of what's wrong with a person when their SELENBP1 gene isn't working. I have read every single peer-reviewed and published article on SELENBP1 on Google, because there aren't that many. And I'm sorry, not to be a smart ass, but forcing more bile production is flushing the liver. Liver produces bile, stores it in the gallbladder, gallbladder pushes it to small intestine; force out bile, liver works to make more. Doesn't this sound exactly like what a toilet does after you flush it?

Nope, that's not how genes necessarily work. Many genes are activated at different times in life (nearly none of us were born with it and MANY of us say our bb got noticeable around puberty, and then moreso in our early 20s). They are also activated by environment (antibiotic use). I don't feel like posting links, it's definitely a thing, it's basic genetics. I learned this in like, AP Biology in high school, let alone the several biology and chemistry classes I took in college before switching majors. It's also been said on here a thousand times. I kinda assumed real nasal+oral bb sufferers knew all of this basic stuff... maybe yours isn't that bad.

Like not trying to be a dick, just don't feel like explaining basic US high school curriculum biology. You don't know that this is the biological basis for your methods, but it helps to use actual science instead of really long anecdotes so that we can reliably understand what works and doesn't. We are literally our own scientists and doctors. I invite anyone to fact check me.

But you're cool, you gave me a new and cheap solution, so won't crucify you. Bought the Betaine HCL and took it with a fatty protein meal today. If this doesn't work, and I really don't have any hope tbh, then I'll move on to a low methionine diet instead. Thank you for your help.

I didn't do much of a search yet but do you have any idea if any online site in USA where a "bacteria dna stool" can be ordered? May be they have a kit that we can use to send out a sample and get the results?
tired3826
Total Newbie

Post by tired3826 »

KL123 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:33 am
nolab wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:51 pm I didnt deny that this is a sulfur problem, it clearly is a sulfur problem for me, since prevotella is a huge hydrogen sulphide producer.

Yes, there is a lot of gray area and unknown mystery about what's the actual cause in different cases of chronic halitosis; however, from what noticed among many who may have a genetic related chronic bb that it usually starts at around age 12 to 16. I think a lot of natural changes in our bodies happen at this age. This could be a hormonal change triggers the error in SELENBP1? who knows, just a wild guess.
KL123, I just PM'd you.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

tired3826 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:32 am Don't be so defensive! You found something. Be happy. I went and bought Betaine HCL literally 2 hours ago. I took it with something cheesy and meaty.

„Like Not trying to be a dick“ Yeah well you are kind of.. English isn’t my first language so maybe I wrote something different then I meant. But yes don’t need to defend myself. Said from the start it was prevotella and hydrogen sulfide but ok. And I didn’t thought that you need actual science to write in this forum, I thought that every post could help.. even anecdotal. Well was expecting a different atmosphere, but ok I have no clue of basic us highschool curriculum biology.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

but its all good, I wish you good luck in finding your cure.

for the people that are reading and are okay with not science backed up random thoughts and ideas, maybe ill try to explain more what I mean.
I think it is a detoxification problem. but I don't believe that it is because the SELENBP1 gene isn't working(Which is clearly a thing and cause for some, because there is science evidence) but I am trying to find another possible answer beside this gene
..maybe there are more causes to failed detoxification or another enzyme detox pathway is blocked(what I read:illness, inflammation,lps, nutrient deficiency could block detoxification pathways) I mean It doesn't have to be this one.. I think there are a lot more pathways than this one(but I'm not sure cause not a specialist or scientist). if you have the rotten egg type of smell, I would look into hydrogen sulphide sibo or read on detoxification pathways on your own.
Just some random ideas and for those that are interested and have a minute I found an interesting link on sulfur and detoxification of sulfur, just to read
https://www.deannaminich.com/is-there-r ... tolerance/
Last edited by nolab on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:32 pm but its all good, I wish you good luck in finding your cure.

for the people that are reading and are okay with not science backed up random thoughts and ideas, maybe ill try to explain more what I mean.
I think it is a detoxification problem. but I don't believe that it is because the SELENBP1 gene isn't working ( don't take it by every word, I am no specialist or scientist just my opinion from what I read). maybe there are more causes to failed detoxification or another enzyme detox pathway is blocked(what I read:illness, inflammation,lps, nutrient deficiency could block detoxification pathways) I mean It doesn't have to be this one? I think there are a lot more pathways than this one(but I'm not sure). if you have the rotten egg type of smell, I would look into hydrogen sulphide sibo or read on detoxification pathways on your own.
Just some random ideas for those that are interested.
Obviously, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, especially in a matter where even the doctors and specialists have no clue.
So I guess you are good to discuss and provide more information about your research, experience, remedy attempts and progress. It never hurts to discuss.

So, if you look at the following reasons ":illness, inflammation,lps, nutrient deficiency could block detoxification pathways" - then ask yourself, did you ever have any of these? If yes, what was it? I can tell you for example, that "nutrient deficiency" is probably not the one. There are 100's of millions of malnutritioned people all over the world, especially in the third world countries. I have interacted with many, many such people during my international travels but hardly came across with someone with the kind of chronic halitosis as I have, or some of my family members have.
I think chances are very less likely that all us effected members of the family had the same "illmess, or inflammation or lps or nutrient deficiency", that resulted in chronic bb among all of us. What do you think?

Anyway, on another forum discussion, someone has tried bethaine for months but it didn't help their chronic bb. May be they have a different type or cause? However, what interested me the most in your OP was the Stool DNA test.
This is something I would like to do, simply because we are naturally in a state of mind where we want to believe in every claim that is made to cure the BB and we want to believe in every research that claims to have found the cause.
We have generously opened our wallets many many times and every single time it has slapped us back in our faces, yet we are ready to take this path again.

Do you know what was the quality of your bb before it got bettered? Fecal, rotten egg, dead animal? fishy? Salty? mild? strong? etc
How was your taste in the mouth? If it used to be bad then did it increase with workout, exercise etc?
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

hm so when this whole thing started I tried to restrict a lot to prevent smell this went on for years and I was eating less and less.wouldnt call myself anorexic but it was close, so nutrient deficiency could be possible. but I believe what you say about malnutrition people int he third world country.. so maybe it isn't really a cause for this.
for illness and lps I would say all I had was digestive issues and occasionally pain( but no gastritis hyplori negative, everything tested all good) and no heavy illness but clearly not that healthy. but I know that a lot of pathogenic bacteria cause A LOT of LPS.

So for me it started around 4 or 5 years ago with the chronic fecal smell all the time(nasal), but also the occasional outburst of rotten egg smell(comments who farted etc.).(sometimes even fishy but not often) even dropped out of school because of it, so I wouldn't say it was not strong. oral bb wasn't the worst I think, but also not good. on the BAD DAYS mouth was very dry and I had strong mucus in throat, also joint pain. smell would increase A LOT with exercise or anxiety. if my heart rate was high and I was anxious it was even worse.

Yes I would suggest to do a good stool test just to check(not the traditional, because they cant test for every bacteria. the dna one is better because it isn't temperature and oxygen sensitive( because a lot of anaerobic for example are oxygen sensitive), I mean it doesn't hurt to look if everything is in balance. even If it isn't the cure
and the prevotella bacteria is also not the case fr everybody, so fat and protein may also not be the solution for everbody.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic