Your Email Address:

First Name:

Nasal bad breath after eating

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
oneday2
Total Newbie
Nasal bad breath after eating

Post by oneday2 »

I've suffered from chronic bad breath for around 6 years now, both nasal and oral.
I've gone to an ENT, gastroentologist and of course dentist. Dentist and gastro have said there is nothing wrong. ENT noted I had tonsil stones which I have managed to keep under control using a waterpik and continue to manually check. I haven't seen any/spit out any for a couple of years.

I've used everything I can, with the current routine consisting of flossing, interdental brushes, brushing with an electric toothbrush, netipot, waterpik and oral probiotics. Based on this sites recommendations, I've also begun taking aloe juice which temporarily helps reduce my haliotosis as well as switching to a primarily plant based diet.

I still suffer from bad breath, but noted how bad my nasal bad breath has been lately,which becomes especially worse after eating and can fill a whole room with a rotting food or sulfur smell.

Looking for advice on how to manage nasal bad breath and any solutions you've come across to significantly reduce it if not eliminate it.

bozo
Junior
Re: Nasal bad breath after eating

Post by bozo »

What do you eat and drink, and for how long?

Many ppl complain about nasal BB, im glad i dont have it as far as i know. So not sure what it means, BB originates from the nose?
And the ENT can not find a source?
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

oneday2 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:18 am I've suffered from chronic bad breath for around 6 years now, both nasal and oral.
I've gone to an ENT, gastroentologist and of course dentist. Dentist and gastro have said there is nothing wrong. ENT noted I had tonsil stones which I have managed to keep under control using a waterpik and continue to manually check. I haven't seen any/spit out any for a couple of years.

I've used everything I can, with the current routine consisting of flossing, interdental brushes, brushing with an electric toothbrush, netipot, waterpik and oral probiotics. Based on this sites recommendations, I've also begun taking aloe juice which temporarily helps reduce my haliotosis as well as switching to a primarily plant based diet.

I still suffer from bad breath, but noted how bad my nasal bad breath has been lately,which becomes especially worse after eating and can fill a whole room with a rotting food or sulfur smell.

Looking for advice on how to manage nasal bad breath and any solutions you've come across to significantly reduce it if not eliminate it.
I think it's time to change your diet. Low Carb diet or candida diet and drink minimal 1,5 or 2 litre a day. No sugar and no cheating. It will be worse before it get better. Search info on low carb diet, basically animal proteins and veggie.

It's thing that we love most, is things that destroy us.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

oneday2 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:18 am I've suffered from chronic bad breath for around 6 years now, both nasal and oral.

I had the same.. especially after eating and then it lasted for maybe half an hour or an hour and then it got better. not oral bb but sulfur nasal bb.
was it the case with you too?
i don't know, I think it might be an overgrowth/dysbiosis in stomach/duodenum or maybe small intestine.. hydrogen sulphide sibo to be exact.
in my stool test there was VERY HIGH overgrowth of prevotella.

right now I am supplementing with molybdenum and some b vitamins and it got way better then it was before. but it is still there, it reduced much but is still there after I eat for half an hour. maybe i just need to take them longer, I mean I don't think that this whole issue will go away in a few days.
but the oral bb got waaaay better with this. but this nasal bb after eating is very stubborn..
Last edited by nolab on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

of course I am trying to drink a lot of water, but I try to keep it away from the meals, because I think my stomach acid is on the lower side and I don't want to dilute it, when eating.
oneday2
Total Newbie

Post by oneday2 »

@Bozo, I primarily ate carbs for breakfast and lunch, and a mix of veggies and protein for dinner. I've switched it out this year to a mostly vegetarian diet. I noticed it definitely gets worse eating certain foods such as takeout and junk food.

I notice my own nasal BB when I walk in and out of a room, and I notice a sulphur odor that I smell very faintly in my own nose. Also once a coworker asked if there was rotting food near where I was sitting, which means its not in my head.
Yes the ENT said I have clear passages, and I got an X-ray of my sinuses as well.

@Gluten-free I think even meat has an adverse impact on me, so I've tried to stick to a veggie diet at this time.
Definitely agree your suggestion with dietary changes.

@nolab Yes, it doesn't have the same intensity all day, its mostly around an hour after eating. I tried going to my doctor recently about SIBO but he wouldn't test me because I didn't have all the symptoms. I'm looking for another doctor now who can be more helpful.
Will definitely try those supplements out! I also would suggest the aloe vera juice - not sure how long this will last (a lot of items lose their efficacy for me overtime) but it definitely helped me today!.
oneday2
Total Newbie

Post by oneday2 »

nolab wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:07 pm
I had the same.. especially after eating and then it lasted for maybe half an hour or an hour and then it got better. not oral bb but sulfur nasal bb.
i don't know, I think it might be an overgrowth/dysbiosis in stomach/duodenum or maybe small intestine.. hydrogen sulphide sibo to be exact.

right now I am supplementing with molybdenum and some b vitamins and it got way better then it was before. but it is still there, it reduced much but is still there after I eat for half an hour. maybe i just need to take them longer, I mean I don't think that this whole issue will go away in a few days.
but the oral bb got waaaay better with this. but this nasal bb after eating is very stubborn..
What made you decide to take molybdenum? A quick google search shows that most people don't have a deficiency related to this so I'm just curious.
bozo
Junior

Post by bozo »

You need to be highly motivated, then try the following.
Raw food fruit and veg for 7 days, drink only water, 1,5-2 litres. No cheating.
I belive this is working for me, I am however doing lots of other stuff as well. Aloe juice etc.
But i strongly belive it is the diet.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

oneday2 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:15 am
nolab wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:07 pm

What made you decide to take molybdenum? A quick google search shows that most people don't have a deficiency related to this so I'm just curious.
I tried a lot of stuff and now I am on theory of hydrogen sulphide sibo or some kind of overgrowth in that direction.
didnt find a lot of stuff on the internet because it is quite new, the only infos on it I found on dr greg nigh interviews and articles.
And he recommends trying molybdenum and also epsom salt baths etc.. to "unlock sulfur metabolism"

"I came to this adaptationist opinion rather incidentally. I was studying sulfur metabolism, seeing its connection to many maladies, and was working with sulfur issues as it related to hives, hot flashes, dermatitis, brain fog, inflammatory bowel disorders, and many other conditions. Then patients with a SIBO diagnosis started showing up to my office. I didn’t know what the breath tests meant, but with the help of the nutrition therapist I work with, I put these patients through a protocol designed to “unlock” sulfur metabolism. Lo and behold, regardless of their SIBO test results, a large majority of these patients felt dramatically better, often for the first time after years of “standard” naturopathic SIBO diet and treatment. I don’t claim any universal cure; however, I think that a significant number of SIBO patients are significantly lacking in sulfate, and therapies to restore sulfate will reduce the need for those sulfur-fixing bacteria, and thus reduce or eliminate symptoms."
here is the article https://ndnr.com/gastrointestinal/sibo- ... n-sulfide/

Also have some kind of mutation on suox gene which is responsible for converting sulfite into sulfate, so I am trying to support it with molybdenum.

From what I read this isn't a quick fix. You need to take these consistently so the body doesn't need those hydrogen sulphide producing bacteria any more and the overgrowth balances out.

I tried A LOT of things and this is the one which made the biggest difference, but I wouldn't say I am cured yet. but before it was like a 10 smell and now it is like a 2-3 smell. still there after eating but not that strong anymore.

oh and also I did the sibo test but only on hydrogen. it was negative, a flatline. since this type of sibo is relatively new there isn't much testing but I heard that in the us there might be someone who can test for hydrogen sulphide sibo. and even if you do the normal hydrogen/methane sibo test and it turnes out negative it doesn't mean that you don't have hydrogen sulphide sibo.
oneday2
Total Newbie

Post by oneday2 »

@bozo - Thanks for the tip! What's a bit discouraging is when I do eat only vegetables and no sugar, but still have bad breath. However I'll have to keep persisting.

@nolab - That's really interesting. Any decrease in smell is definitely worth it. I'll look into molybdenum too! I hope you can continue to update us on the results of your current routine.
bozo
Junior

Post by bozo »

oneday2 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:26 am @bozo - Thanks for the tip! What's a bit discouraging is when I do eat only vegetables and no sugar, but still have bad breath. However I'll have to keep persisting.

@nolab - That's really interesting. Any decrease in smell is definitely worth it. I'll look into molybdenum too! I hope you can continue to update us on the results of your current routine.
The thought behind the raw diet is to alcalize the body.
When you say you eat "only vegetables and no sugar" it could still be acidic depending on what you mean by vegetables, and also what you drink.
But if you did alcalize the body and it did not work then your BB got a different origin.

Do you have coated tongue and smelly saliva in throat?
Tired12
Total Newbie

Post by Tired12 »

I have/had nasal odor & bb for years, all of those things you mentioned neti pot, probiotics, etc always made it 1000x worse. I would get nasal odor at least a couple times a week (and then sometimes I wouldn't get it for weeks), I could never smell it but I was told it smells like sulfur. In December I did a 9 day water fast (was trying for 14 had to break it), it did not cure my bb but I have not had nasal odor since. I also changed to 100% plant based diet, and trying very hard to stop eating sugar.

There is a thread on here re water fasting a couple of ppl have talked about how it's has helped them. I haven't shared my experience on here yet because I plan on doing a complete 14 day fast when I'm off work again. I'm not recommending it it is very difficult, but if you do decide to give it a try do your research, Fasting for Health by Joel Fuhrman was the book I read and it had really good info.
oneday2
Total Newbie

Post by oneday2 »

@bozo - I do have a coated tongue and notice that sometimes the phlegm build up smells.

@tired12 - I agree, from my experience trying more things tends to make it worse. I stopped drinking aloe juice since I saw little to no effect. I also stopped taking probiotics as I noticed it was making it worse. I may try it again at a later point. Right now I'm sticking to the neti-pot on a weekly basis, with my normal dental hygiene routine (floss, interdental brush, tongue brush, electric brush and waterpik).

The diet change to primarily vegetables has helped quite a bit, I still have bad breath but people don't recoil as often as they used to. On top of this, people have stopped brushing their nose as often since I started chewing cinnamon gum and washing my toothbrush/tongue brush with soap after each use. The only downside to this is the cinnamon gum burns my tongue, but since it helps I'll continue until I can find a better way to deal with this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic