Your Email Address:

First Name:

Clean Rainfall - Nasal Irrigation

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Clean Rainfall - Nasal Irrigation

Post by searching »

The following step has given me excellent results, against bb, by providing “clean rainfall” from the nose to the throat and tonsils for long periods of time, following the procedure.

Oceanside and Noptical have referred to this procedure in earlier posts. I too wanted to share with the readers that this dramatically helps me as well, by dislodging, and rinsing away, mucosal deposits of anaerobic pockets parked in the nose and sinuses.

I make a solution of the following:
warm drinking water = 16 ounces, i.e. about one-half liter
table salt = one-quarter teaspoon
baking soda (i.e. sodium bicarbonate) = one-quarter teaspoon

I irrigate my nostril area and sinuses by sending this warm saline solution alternately into both nostrils, gently filling the nasal cavity, then drawing this liquid downward into my mouth by creating an oral vacuum, then I spit it out. The solution loosens encrusted, or viscous, mucus, and washes it from the area. I perform this nasal washing until the full, 16 ounces of solution have been used to irrigate the area.

This procedure takes some practice to coordinate the upper palate, and nasal passages to ensure the proper intake of solution without coughing, inhaling or swallowing the solution as it moves from the nose to the mouth.

I place the solution into a plastic squeeze bottle that has a screw-top lid. The plastic lid has a built-in straw and I place a rubber, eye-dropper bulb over the straw. This makes more comfortable, the insertion of the bulb into a nostril. I first, however, cut an opening in the closed-end of the rubber bulb so that the saline solution may pass through. I gently and slowly squeeze the bottle to deliver the saline solution into the nose, while I simultaneously orally draw the sent solution into my mouth, in small batches and spit the solution into a sink (or shower where this, for me, works best). The whole procedure takes about one minute.

I brush and floss twice-daily with regular toothpaste. I gently use the TUNG brush. I perform the nasal rinse in the morning. I am not using mouthwash.

It is easy and inexpensive. It reaches and cleans areas where, of course, a toothbrush cannot. The subsequent PND is thinner, drains easily, and is not laden with aged bacteria.

searching
Master
Post by searching »

A useful discovery has surfaced now that I've been doing the saline/bicarbonate nasal irrigation, i.e. through nose to mouth, once daily (with good, long-lasting results).

Hours after performing the nasal irrigation, when I lay down at night to sleep, additional saline/bicarbonate fluid is liberated from pockets in my nose (sinuses ?). I know this is the irrigation material, since I can taste it.

This may indicate that there are regions within the nasal area that, for me, have never been able to properly drain. These regions build up viscous, stale mucus, which overflows only when these pocket fill up, feeding oral bb bacteria. When I am standing, or sitting upright, these pockets cannot fully drain under the influence of gravity. When I tip my head at night to sleep, only then do I notice the complete draining which is dramatically helped by the saline irrigation deep into my sinuses. The irrigation thins the PND.

I've read that others have gotten a self-whiff of bb after bending over. Perhaps this indicates that your sinuses (like mine) do not have adequate drainage downward. The saline/bicarbonate irrigation, through nose-into-mouth, is working to thin and expel the PND.

Simple, cheap, effective.
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

I do the same. The instructions said to do a quick inhale after the cleansing to clean back area more.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic