Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ma51fyfy

Post by ma51fyfy »

Hello Mr Aydin,

i suffer from BB and I visited 2 doctors last week. He said I have no adenoid, the other one said I have only small adenoid. I think my BB comes somewehere from the canal from the nose to the mouth.

Can it be that the adenoide can be the neverthelesss the problem? If not what could it be? I have a white tongue at the very back...

thanks

Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Hello Mr. Aydinmur. I would like to know more about type 2 bb. that originates form nasal area.
What kind of smell (bacteria) is the most linked to it; how does mouth gets dry especially while speaking, even if you are not mouth breather; where can source be founded (except concha bullosa). Is it possible to be 100% cured from this type? Could the problem lay there even if we are not responding to antibiotic treatment? I would like to know as much as possible. Thank you!
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

There are a lot of microorganisms can locate in lymphatic nodes. Such disease may or may not give clinic signs.
As a rule, if an Actinomyces enters a tissue, that tissue usually begins to be calcified with time. Diagnosis is made by serologicaly.
-M
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Dr. Aydimur, can you please give your opinion on whether excessively thick clear odourless PND (post nasal drip) can ever be a sole cause for Type-1 BB?

Do you think that a particular bacterial profile that a person happens to have can make them more susceptible to BB when there is such an excessive PND present?
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

dr. aydinmur,

sometimes i can smell my own breath when i breathe out really quickly with my lower lip curled upwards so the air blows towards my nose. then i try doing the lick test (lick my wrist, wait to dry a bit, then smell) or the spoon test (scrape back of tongue with a spoon, wait a bit, then smell) and i don't detect any smell. there are times when i have detected a smell with the lick test and the spoon test and i know for sure then that i have bb in my mouth. sometimes when i try those tests and cannot smell anything, but i can detect bb when i breathe (described above), would that mean that my bb does not likely originate in the mouth, but from the stomach or esophagus or another place that is not the mouth? i.e. not type 1...?
today i have this problem - i can smell bb when i breathe into my nose, but no odor detected when i try the lick test or the spoon test. and when i used chlorhexidine and zinc mouth wash, brushed and flossed, scraped tongue, irrigated gums, etc., it doesn't work... maybe because my bb is coming from somewhere other than the mouth?

also, for the past few days, i can taste something like unpleasant bananas in my mouth constantly (and i think my bb must smell like this too) even though i didn't eat any bananas. what does this mean? (it's not a pleasant taste.. it is what it tastes like in your mouth if you have bb and just ate a banana)
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

ruch wrote:i try doing the lick test (lick my wrist, wait to dry a bit, then smell) or the spoon test (scrape back of tongue with a spoon, wait a bit, then smell)

Ruch,
As I have previously told at somewhere ( I dont remember exact place where I wrote), some odorus gases that are produced in mouth (such as indol & skatole) have capability of resolve in water (saliva). Thus we dont normaly feel their bad odor even they are exist in the mouth but resolved in saliva.

when saliva dried, on spoon or on wrist then We begin to feel bad odor because these gases release from saliva to air..

Every person feel (less or much) bad odor by sniffing spoon or wrist

-M
ma51fyfy

Post by ma51fyfy »

Hello Mr Aydin,

i suffer from BB and I visited 2 doctors last week. He said I have no adenoid, the other one said I have only small adenoid. I think my BB comes somewehere from the canal from the nose to the mouth.

Can it be that the adenoide can be the neverthelesss the problem? If not what could it be? I have a white tongue at the very back...

thanks
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

aydinmur wrote:
ruch wrote:i try doing the lick test (lick my wrist, wait to dry a bit, then smell) or the spoon test (scrape back of tongue with a spoon, wait a bit, then smell)

Ruch,
As I have previously told at somewhere ( I dont remember exact place where I wrote), some odorus gases that are produced in mouth (such as indol & skatole) have capability of resolve in water (saliva). Thus we dont normaly feel their bad odor even they are exist in the mouth but resolved in saliva.

when saliva dried, on spoon or on wrist then We begin to feel bad odor because these gases release from saliva to air..

Every person feel (less or much) bad odor by sniffing spoon or wrist

-M
It's easy to see how halitophobia can take hold by not knowing such things.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

aydinmur wrote: As I have previously told at somewhere ( I dont remember exact place where I wrote), some odorus gases that are produced in mouth (such as indol & skatole) have capability of resolve in water (saliva). Thus we dont normaly feel their bad odor even they are exist in the mouth but resolved in saliva.

dr aydinmur,

when i tried the lick test and let the saliva dry, i couldn't smell any odour.. but when i breathed into my nose, i can smell it. does it mean that the odour is not coming from my mouth but from another source?

i realize i may have understood your reply wrong though... i interpreted it to mean that you have to let the saliva dry to smell anything.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

halitosisux wrote: It's easy to see how halitophobia can take hold by not knowing such things.
for sure. i wish i only had halitophobia though but i know i don't since i can taste and smell my own breath most of the time.

but i am def more paranoid than i probably should be. i have no sense of how bad the level of odour is or what it smells like to othrs. i rarely get reactions from people but i am also careful about keeping my distance when it feels really bad, chewing gum to mask it (doesn't work that well), etc. also, i think perhaps my bb is "moderate" most of the time so it doesn't cause people to flinch the way some of you have described. i know when i have encountered people with bb, i consciously try not to flinch so as not to embarrass them. instead, i might hold my breath a bit when talking to them (only if it is really bad). otherwise, i deal with it. i always wonder if people are just being polite.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Ruch, I wish we could have ways to be more sure about it all. But that's the crux of the whole madness of BB really.

No matter how sure we might feel about smelling or not smelling, it's simply impossible to determine for sure for ourselves, no matter what we ourselves can or cannot smell, or what reactions we can observe in others.

We all have noses that are highly sensitive to "bad" smells, a mouth with about 10 billion bacteria inside it constantly producing all kinds of rank chemicals, a sense of taste that helps to guide us chemically.. and then on top of that we have skills of observation which we've been nurturing since birth, trying to make us fit-in and prosper. It's all a recipe for disaster waiting to happen to anyone. And once it does, it's VERY hard to ever let go of.
for sure. i wish i only had halitophobia though but i know i don't since i can taste and smell my own breath most of the time.

but i am def more paranoid than i probably should be. i have no sense of how bad the level of odour is or what it smells like to othrs.
Bear in mind that's also how true halitophobics will think too.

Back to the point though, what Dr. Aydinmur said about chemicals such as skatole and indole - you can see how mistaken so many of us could be about what we perceive and what the reality really might be.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

BTW Ruch, this banana taste/smell you've described - I have never smelt "sweet" or "fruity" breath on anyone before, but it's a description that is often used to describe the smell of a person with ketoacidosis when they have diabetes.

Presuming you have had these things all checked out, it might be some medications you're on or some kind of restrictive diet that is triggering some blood glucose abnormality.

Bad taste in your throat after you've just gone through a rigorous oral hygiene routine, could be your tonsils if you still have them.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

yeah, i wondered about the fruity thing cuz i have no idea what that means. my grandmother has diabetes so i should use her needle machine to check my glucose level.. i don't seem to have any problems though otherwise (aside from digestive problems which are not symptoms of diabetes).. when i get super hungry, sometimes i do feel hypoglycemic though, but so do others..

this banana breath only came abut this past week. it hasn't left me since. :( used to have bb before too, of course, but it had other odours and would also vary over the different days for some reason. it also tended to improve a little with some oral protocols i would do.. but not this banana breath.

as for tonsils, i don't ever see any tonsil stones so i don't think i have those. i do think it is related either to reflux of some sort or PND, or both. i am beginning to think the reflix thing more now.. i do feel like i have to clear my throat quite a bit, and i can feel something in my throat, and i can detect the bb and bad taste to be coming from the back of my throat. lick tests (where you let saliva dry and then smell) don't aways show that i smell.. though sometime,s t does, and then that confirms that i have bb. but when i sniff and smell nothing, but can taste and feel/smell the bb, then i wonder if it is coming from somewhere other than my mouth.
kart
Junior

Post by kart »

ruch wrote:
aydinmur wrote: As I have previously told at somewhere ( I dont remember exact place where I wrote), some odorus gases that are produced in mouth (such as indol & skatole) have capability of resolve in water (saliva). Thus we dont normaly feel their bad odor even they are exist in the mouth but resolved in saliva.

dr aydinmur,

when i tried the lick test and let the saliva dry, i couldn't smell any odour.. but when i breathed into my nose, i can smell it. does it mean that the odour is not coming from my mouth but from another source?

i realize i may have understood your reply wrong though... i interpreted it to mean that you have to let the saliva dry to smell anything.
Ruch,

I think you dont smell bad on your salive, even you smell of your breath, because your saliva saliva is to dry to collect the gases, maybe when she is dry she isnt completely shaped with all her composition, and maybe she is only able to collect the gases when she is complete...

Maybe you should try pilocarpine
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic