Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:16 pm
by xoxo
emotional rescue wrote:Hi xoxo!!

With what oil are you swishing actually??

What would you say that has been your overall improvements??


Hope you ok!

Good luck friend!
Hello ER~

It's organic coconut oil.
Newbies can try sunflower oil before progressing to coconut.

I have alot less PND although BB is still there. Used to get very Thick PND, I can feel it roll down and sit on the tongue/throat area. After oil pulling I don't get that type of PND as much now.

Do keep in touch via PM.. ;)

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:02 am
by spygirl
I use sesame oil the first time I tried oil pulling. I stunk really bad after that so I stopped.

Now I started OP again but this time with sunflower oil. It's been six days and I think I do not have that stuck up mucous anymore instead I have the type that runs down my throat. I could not comment yet as to its good effect on my bb but so far it has slightly aggravated it, but not to the point of my experience with sesame oil.

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:43 pm
by Archimonde
Just tried oil pulling for the 1st time, i coughed up a lil bit of phlegm. I'm skeptical but adding this technique to my daily routine.

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:22 am
by xoxo
Oil Pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice from India that originated over 5000 years ago. It is not some magic that will make BB disappear overnight. I still have BB after OPulling for almost 16mths.

Mucus/phlegm is better out than in anyways.. Good Luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_pulling

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:26 am
by xoxo
spygirl wrote:I use sesame oil the first time I tried oil pulling. I stunk really bad after that so I stopped.
Hiya! Sunflower oil taste better IMHO ;) and try to get organic ones if u can.

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:09 pm
by Help
spygirl wrote:I use sesame oil the first time I tried oil pulling. I stunk really bad after that so I stopped.

Now I started OP again but this time with sunflower oil. It's been six days and I think I do not have that stuck up mucous anymore instead I have the type that runs down my throat. I could not comment yet as to its good effect on my bb but so far it has slightly aggravated it, but not to the point of my experience with sesame oil.
I had the same experience...my BB got worst! But I have to admit I haven't been following the direction strictly. I stopped after 3 days and just started the oher day after a couple of wks later and the smell got worst! Maybe i'll try sunflower! It felt like it helped with mucous flowing easily though.

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:08 am
by xoxo
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/lif ... 160400.htm

Excellent article on oil pulling from The Hindu Business Line.

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:01 am
by hope4now
From what I read about OP, it's considered a long term detox method. In the short term it could actually make you feel worse as the toxins are leaving the system. Unfortunately that encourages people to quit it.

I'm trying it since it's supposed to help strengthen the teeth and gums. I think my bb is from gum disease, so it makes sense to try it.

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:47 am
by shirl
I did this for a couple of months and i felt worse and my BB was worse, i kept persevering but had to give up in the end, my mouth felt even dryer near the end of my time doing it....and yes i did it properly after reading and reading on curezone and earthclinic...so the search goes on :roll: