Your Email Address:

First Name:

The Ambiguous Reactions Thread

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

True, I would never make fun of anyone.

hand over mouth

Post by hand over mouth »

wow. great topic. I think the WORST, was when my BB started kicking in at the absolute worst time. I made it through 3 days worth of interviews and tests for a job. The BB acted up mildly through the process, but after they offered me the job and they were going over my offer package, the BB started getting out of control.

Three of us were in a tiny room at a very tiny table, so we were really in each others faces. I saw the look of disgust on their faces as soon as I opened my mouth, so I made it a point to make minimal conversation. The kicker is that when they gave me my salary, number of vacation days, etc, I was too ashamed to negotiate! I just took what they gave me. #-o
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

thanatos wrote:
Today, I said "see you later" to the cashier and walked away. Not 3 seconds later I hear him cough.
I think it's your bacteria that make other people caugh, not the odor. Whenever i go to a crowded place, people around me will cough alot but they don't look at me with a disgusted look on their face, they really don't have a clue i'm the one making them cough.

There's a drugstore near my place that i go to buy stuff, one of the clerk there is a lady in her 20s who reacts very violently to me, more so than any other person i've met, SHE STARTS COUGHING NON STOP BEFORE I EVEN ENTER THE STORE so it can't be my odor, it doesn't travel that fast nor is it strong enough, it has to be bacteria. I'm guessing she's allergic to whatever my infection is (candida? is yeast which people can be allergic to). Needless to say, i don't go into that store anymore when she's working.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

This is crazy-talk. Hth. 8)
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

when i talk to people with halitosis. i don't cough... i hold my breath and wait till i can breath again. there's just no coughing involved in the process. i think yall are freaking out.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

I took my SAT recently and boyyyy was that a blunder. I really didn't care about the reactions though, the most important test of my life and I'd have to hold my breath from my nose....NUH UH!

I think I did good on it anywho, and lately, i'm starting to take even a simple nose touch as a reaction (probably is).

I'd be soooo much happier if the smell didn't come out of my nose!
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Please, for the sanity of all, don't use nose touching as any kind of reaction.

I touch my nose 100 times a day (and my chin maybe 300 times a day, and my neck maybe 400 times a day) and it is never (and I mean never) a reaction to a smell. It's just one of those things that humans do.

If something smells strongly, the normal reaction would be to start mouth breathing, or actually *pinch* ones nose 8)

Hth O:)
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I wouldn't say grabbing/rubbing your nose is never a reaction to a smell. I think a lot of us know this a reaction that other people do make. The only problem is that we think that every nose touch we see people do, has to do with our bb, which is impossible of course. Other people can have a itchy nose too for instance. And like you said some people touch their nose all the time. So when you shut your mouth and someone touches his nose, it's pretty obvious that it's not you.

But if someone is makin an obvious reaction to your bb (the moment you open your mouth), I think you would be lying to yourself if you said that the person isn't grabbing his nose because of your bb.

The point is though, even if the person is reacting to your bb. **** it. We know we suffer from bb 24/7 and that's why we are here.

But just wondering what would you describe as a reaction to your bb? Besides the move-head out-of-the-way. Or do you not suffer from bb?
Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

Susie wrote: So don't even start with me you pig-like cunt.
LOL Susie, this has had me laughing for 20 minutes!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

just realised that was Mike's post...... still laughing =D>
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

=D>
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I remember back at highschool when i just found out about my bb problem, a teacher was talking about communication. Sender -> message -> receiver.

Then he talked about things that could prevent the receiver from not understanding the message properly. He mentioned things like different language, not articulating, speaking too fast... And then eventually he was like "and last but not least a very good example of something that could prevent the receiver from decoding the message properly is [fill in words here]." The receiver will back-off because it smells. Non-verbal communication.

And I was like "wtf?!?". But at the same time I knew it was nothing more than the truth. I was really surprised that he mentioned it though, cause usually people just don't speak about these things just like that.

I thought of this suddenly and had to post it, cause it is pretty funny. Especially when others don't understand why bb wil make someone so anxious.

It's sad, yet funny. Don't know why I find it funny. Also have no idea wether I feel sad or am amused by it.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

We sufferers experience that feeling of being numb after all the humiliation. I also laugh about it sometimes & it`s a really weird feeling.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic